PDA

View Full Version : Sept/October 03 Mammas...what's your little one up to?

todzwife
04-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Hi! I always love hearing what other babies are doing...exp ones that are near in age with my little one.
We went to the Ped last Thursday. Dallin is 27 inches tall and 18 pounds! He rolls all over the house and puts everything in his mouth. He's babbling a lot and getting into EVERYTHING. He's SUCH a boy! LOL! He makes me laugh all day- if he finds something soft (like a washcloth/clean cloth diaper/ stuffed animal) he picks it up and puts it over his face and then holds really still for a minute and then kicks his legs and flails his arms really hard to try to get it to fall off. He thinks its hilarious...laughs and squeals. He also has picked up on a funny quirk of mine. When I talk to him and smile really big I scrunch up my nose, and now when he smiles at me he scrunces up his nose. It's so cute!

What's your baby up to?

papal
04-19-2004, 02:02 PM
LOL Shandelle! Is Dallin still in love with his yellow duckie? He is such a cutie!
We have our 6 month appt. this Friday but dh weighs Leela everyday and we think she is around 11.5 pounds and 24 inches. She is finally too tall for some of her 0-3 month footed sleepers!
She is rolling over all over the place and trying to crawl like a caterpillar. She giggles for me but her dad manages to get belly-laughs out of her.. so cute! Like Dallin, she puts everything into her mouth. And these days she likes to examine our faces with her hands and put her fingers into our mouths. She is enjoying her solid foods very much and if we do the sign for EAT, she goes CRAZY!!!!
We are enjoying her SO much... truly, we feel so blessed every single day to have her in our lives and we are amazed at everything she does. :)

murpheyblue
04-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Fun topic! :) Megan has been sitting up for about a month now which I LOVE! She's so much happier now that she's not on her back all the time. We had to drop her crib mattress all the way down because she's pulling herself up on her crib using her FP Aquarium and last night pulled herself up on the coffee table. I thought we had a while before she was going to start doing that but I guess this weekend we need to buy bumpers for the coffee tables. She can get from a sitting position to the crawling position and she likes to rock her weight back and forth but can't figure out how to actually crawl anywhere. Oh, and she puts everything in her mouth.

This is such a great age isn't it?

Ali
Mom to Megan 9-28-03

jec2
04-19-2004, 02:40 PM
Oh, I was just thinking of you all this morning. I wish we could all get together and see all these amazing babies!

Let's see, Finn had his appt. last monday and he was 16 1/2 lbs & 26.5" Like Leela, he is so into touching my face and mouth and running his fingers through my hair, esp. when we are nursing. He now loves to make a clicking sound with his mouth (so, I feel like I am living with a baby from the African bush!) He is putting everything in his mouth. He is rolling all over and is still wiggly when we set him up but can manage to stay sitting for maybe up to a minute or more. He is kicking, kicking, kicking. Loves to kick and splash in the bath and screams bloody murder when we take him out. He laughs at the funniest things. Last Tuesday I had him cracking up when I said, "No boob for you!" (he was crying to get out of his carseat while driving and I told him that if I took him out I would go to jail and then there would be, "no boob for you!")

mary b
04-19-2004, 03:12 PM
Great topic.. Can I just say, I love this stage... Lindsey just turned 7 months, is 20lbs and in the last week figured out how to crawl so now it's all about crawling, rolling, crawling... The house is getting much more interesting with 2 kids mobile. My 2 1/2 year alterates between loving on her or getting iritated that Lindsey now wants her toys. We really have to watch what's all the floor since everything goes in her mouth! Her personality is emmerging and it's great to see. I can't wait to see if she is like dd or the opposite (which is what I expect). She has slept through the nite 2 of the last 3 nites (which is a MAJOR breakthrough for us). Still only 1 small tooth. My favorite thing about her right now is her laugh.

mary
mom to Noelle and Lindsey

Eloise36
04-19-2004, 05:30 PM
James checked in at 20 lb 12 oz and 28 1/4 inches at his 6 1/2 month appointment (we were 2 weeks late because pediatrician was on vacation). He's rolling a lot, but moves about mainly by creeping backwards and pivoting on his belly. We can't leave him alone any more because he can move so quickly. We would leave him in the middle of a bed or a room, and a minute later, he's at the edge of the bed or under a sofa! He's sitting up very well but likes to go from a sitting into a crawling position (on hands and knees) when we sit him up on the floor. Of course, he can't go forward so that frustrates him sometimes. He has a great personality - lots of smiles and belly laughs. He likes to make eye contact with people (including complete strangers) and smiles and laughs if they look at him. Oh, right, he has been saying "A-bu-ar" a lot, and he just cut his first tooth this week. You are right, it's an amazing and fun age!

hez
04-19-2004, 07:09 PM
I got on the scale with Payton this weekend-- we're between 22 & 23 pounds, and at his 6 month check up he was 28 1/4". He's got the fattest baby thighs ever! He's 'da da da'-ing like crazy, screaming with joy occasionally and has a few 'mamamamam'-s thrown in when he's fussy.

It took a full 6 months to get this little guy rolling, but now he's got that down pretty well in both directions. He's spinning in circles on his tummy to get to toys, getting up on all fours with his butt in the air (SO CUTE), but can't get going forwards yet, just backwards. He sits super well, but I attribute that to the fat thighs! He's trying to pull up, so we practice by letting him grab my hands and balance himself that way. He'll be pretty mobile all too soon...

This weekend we found the paci's we'd bought (but not really ever used) and gave one to him to see what he'd do with it. Straight into the mouth, but chewing, not sucking on it. And I haven't figured out yet if he's doing it on purpose, but he's stuck it in my mouth a few times, too. Melts my heart!

ETA: We had the same measurements as James at Patyon's 6 mo. appt!

Eloise36
04-20-2004, 04:16 AM
Heather, James sounds like Payton's twin! He also has huge thighs and is moving a lot like Payton with the tummy spin, the backwards move and getting up on all fours (LOL). Oh, and he loves to chew on the nipple when we give him a bottle :) It's so funny Payton stuck his pacifier into your mouth. Awwwww...

hez
04-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Thank heavens someone else's child has thunder thighs! My closest friend here has a peanut-- he weighed in at 28 pounds around Christmas, at ~3 1/2. So we haven't been able to compare a lot of notes because 5% and 95% babies can sometimes do things at different stages. Plus, even though her son was born 2 weeks earlier in the year, I can't reuse much of his clothing on Payton because the seasons are all wrong for the sizes!

We played with the paci last night, and it went right into my mouth again!

pritchettzoo
04-20-2004, 12:46 PM
Gracie's a little over 27 inches and around 15.5 lbs. She's pulling up to standing all by herself and can balance a few seconds without holding on to anything. She's crawling backwards but wiggling and rolling every other direction.

She shoves EVERYTHING in her mouth and loves to grin and laugh. She signs for milk and daddy and wet diaper and dog/cat. Speaking of which, she's signing diaper now, so I'd better run!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

papal
04-20-2004, 01:01 PM
Woweee! Miss Gracie is signing so much already! And standing!! Way to go!
And i LOVE her new avatar Anna..... so cute!!! She looks so different from her previous avatar!

starrynight
04-20-2004, 07:35 PM
Eliza will be 7 months on the 25th. We haven't even taken her to her 6 month visit yet, just with the move etc I haven't gotten to it. My guess is she is 15lbs she is long but I'm not sure how tall, I will have to measure her later. She is mostly outgrowing all of her 6-9 month jammies because her legs are so long.

She is saying 'mama' and rolling all over the place. She is still wobbly when she sits so I keep the boppy behind her or I stay close to her. She isn't crawling but manages to scooch around the room on her belly or by moving like a clock on the floor. She is obsessed with her feet! And she is giggling and smiling alot. She does this funny snort when I feed her, she smiles and then snorts like she wants to laugh but has food in her mouth so she doesn't.

new_mommy25
04-21-2004, 01:48 AM
At Noah's 6 month appointment he was 17.10 lbs. and 27 inches. I think he may be taller now but he is getting leaner. He crawls like a champion. Nothing is safe around here. I cadn barely keep up, these little guys move fast. He's also started to pull up. He can pull up onto the coffee table. I need to be right there though because he keeps letting go and trying to stand on his own. He stands for a second or two but then falls over. I like to put him into an empty laundry basket attach a rope and pull him all over the house. he loves it!! Last time I did it I paused for a second and he stood up in the basket and then the whole thing fell over. he cried and it scared the crap out of me. I haven't done it since. I love the way he laughs. It sounds like he is wheezing, it's extremely loud and high pitched. And he laughs at everything! We call him Mr. Aloha because he is such a lovey baby. he loves everyone. Anyone can hold him, even complete strangers he's never met before. I say "Noah, give mama kiss" and he grabs my face and gives me big wet open mouth slobbers. I love it! Then he shreiks with laughter. The best and greatest thing though is how he crawls to me. I say "Noah, come to Mommy" and he'll stop what he's doing and crawl into my arms. It makes me so happy!

Eloise36
04-21-2004, 11:27 AM
LOL, Heather. Payton is so cute!!! It's great to be able to compare notes with you :D Now I know why James is such a good sitter - it's because of those thunder thighs and the big butt, LOL.