PDA

View Full Version : Ok so help out a dunce here about spa packages and their costs

flagger
04-19-2004, 04:13 PM
Cocoa and I are going to get Ms. Flagger a half day spa package for Mother's Day this year. I have no idea how much these things usually run. Something like a massage, facial, pedicure and manicure. This is something I have never done nor has she ever indicated she would like.

Any input in this area would help greatly. I have several places in the area already in mind.

Dcclerk
04-19-2004, 04:19 PM
I have never done one myself, so really pretty much anything I say should be discarded;), but here in LA they seem to run about $300-$450, with specials usually occurring right around Mother's Day. How fun!

Marisa6826
04-19-2004, 04:25 PM
Yeah, about $300-400 here in NJ.

BTW, you don't have to specify what the gift certificate is for. She can pick and choose off the menu.

What a NICE gift, flagger ;)

-m

sadie427
04-19-2004, 04:31 PM
I once got a gift certificate from a place called either "spagift" or "spawish" that was good at many of the spas in our area. You buy the gift certificate online. That way I could choose exactly what I wanted as well as where I would go. If you're interested and can't find the website, let me know and I'll try to find it.

lag555
04-19-2004, 04:34 PM
Most spas will do some sort of half-day or full-day package, and those come with specific services/treatments. If you don't want to specify, you can give a gift-certificate to the spa. Although the latter option doesn't give you as much "bang for your buck", she might enjoy being able to spread the treatments over a longer period of time, as opposed to going in one day and having a number of things done.

dogmom
04-19-2004, 04:41 PM
Have you done a search on the web? Several of the places up here have web sites that give summaries of treatments and packages. It might also give you an idea of what Ms. Flagger would like. Some spa packages include "wet rooms" with showers, sea-salt baths, etc. If Ms. Flagger loves soaking on a tub for hours on end like I do that might be an option. I find prices runs $250-400 here, depending on how close to the city, if they do hair also, etc. Don't forget, there should also be tipping for the individuals.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

aliceinwonderland
04-19-2004, 04:42 PM
That's an AWESOME gift, flagger!!

Now, most places have websites these days with price lists and such. My DH got me a gif-card to a spa for my b-day, and I went to their site to see what i could get with that. Prices vary quite a bit on the area where the spa is located (my spa has DIFFERENT prices for its urban and suburban location).

flagger
04-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Actually what I am looking at are specifically treatments she has asked for. She so deserves to have a half day of pampering and has specifically mentioned those things I talked about above. I even found out I can include the gratuity and the certificate will indicate as such.

Those fees quoted are in line with what I can find around here.

COElizabeth
04-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Just a word of caution since I know you are an internet kind of guy. My DH purchased a gift certificate online after doing some research on the internet. He did not ever visit the premises himself. Well, when I went for my pampering half-day, I thought the place was very creepy. A bit run down, and there was only one guy there. No other customers, no other staff. I panicked and made up some excuse about my baby needing me, and I bolted. We lost the money, and the whole experience quite upset both DH and me. I'd just always heard that women should trust their gut, though, and my gut told me to get the heck out of there. By the way, I looked at the website myself and did not see any obvious clues that it was not an above-board place, so I recommend visiting places yourself or getting a personal rec. HTH.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

flagger
04-19-2004, 05:36 PM
I am actually planning on doing that. I got shown a thread on a local forum here in Dallas that had great recommendations. I couldn't of course ask there because Ms. Flagger is on it too. I have her totally confused now about what she is getting.

I decided that Cocoa is going to give her the steel to sharpen her birthday present Chef's knife.

lisams
04-19-2004, 05:40 PM
I don't have much to add, but I think that is a wonderful gift!!!!! She will truly love it and appreciate your thoughtfulness!

Lisa

Melanie
04-19-2004, 07:14 PM
I agree! Dh did this for me as a gift and for a friend so I'd ahve company. The place wasn't creepy, but I'm sure it wasn't as he'd imagined (like on TV, girlfriends chatting the afternoon away over pedicures or something). All the rooms were private so I only saw my friend on the ride there and home. He could have saved a ton of money by sending me alone, had he known. =)

Tondi G
04-19-2004, 08:10 PM
Here is a link to a pretty well known spa in the Los Angeles area.... the prices are a little steep but I went on my 25th birthday for just a one hour massage and then my sister and I sat in the hot tub and drank lemon/cucuber infused water... then showered up and left. It was so relaxing and so nice to do when you have a little one in your life.... EXCELLENT gift choice Flagger!!!!

Here is that link so you can get an idea of what the packages and individually priced items are here!

http://www.burkewilliamsspa.com/home.htm

If she is asking for a manicure/pedicure I would highly recommend a parafin treatment if it isn't too much more expensive.... makes your hands and feet so soft!!!!!

Good luck... HTH's you!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

flagger
04-20-2004, 02:02 AM
Thnaks to everyone for their reponses. I will post about what I picked out. No one tell Ms. Flagger ok?