PDA

View Full Version : Things I'll need for a beach trip?

Lenox12
04-19-2004, 05:17 PM
I will be going to take a trip to the beach soon, my baby will be 7 1/2 months then, and I was wondering what I should get and bring with me. If you have any suggestions or things that your little one like please let me know.

Ann
mom to Emma 10-02-03

parkersmama
04-19-2004, 06:51 PM
Toys for the beach are a must! Things like stacking cups, a shovel and pail, sand molds, and a watering can are great. A sun tent is nice but not absolutely neccessary. It's nice to have a small cooler to take water and some snacks to the beach if you'll be there for long stretches. You'll need all the things for her that you need for yourself: sunscreen, a hat, a towel, maybe sunglasses (if she'll keep them on). We also had a great wheeled cart from One Step Ahead last year that really make going to the beach easier since going with a baby means dragging a lot of stuff. :)

Tondi G
04-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Aside from sunscreen and sand toys.... maybe a beach umbrella for a way to escape the sun??? For a 7 month old you don't need too much!!!! Have fun

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

Edited to add.... BRING BABY POWDER! It is the best to remove beach sand from legs and toes etc..... sprinkle on the baby powder and the sand just wipes off.... that way you don't end up with a car full of sand!!!!!

Dcclerk
04-19-2004, 10:37 PM
I think an umbrella or sun tent and sunscreen, hat and sunglasses above all else are necessities. In our world, shovels are quite key, as are water bottles (to play with and drink from). Beach balls (or any kind of ball) is great fun for us, too. It is also nice to have a big blanket that you all can be on. Have a great trip!