PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone particpate in Move On's bake sale?

ddmarsh
04-19-2004, 05:49 PM
I was really upset because I couldn't get to the one closest to me, it was just too much of a hike and too much going on. Some of my family did participate and said it was really interesting and motivating. Just wondered if anyone else had any experience with it.

NancyJ_redo
04-19-2004, 07:42 PM
I wanted to go to one also but couldn't make it for the same reason - the closest one was just too far. That said, I thought the whole thing was very cool and they had some very creative names assigned to some of the sites.

starrynight
04-19-2004, 07:52 PM
NO :(. Same thing, wanted to, thought it was a cool idea but couldn't get there.

crl
04-19-2004, 10:32 PM
We had Kerry for President cupcakes and Condi RICE Krispy Treats at our baby shower this weekend--the friend who threw the shower picked them up. I assume this is the same event you're talking about? The group was very entertained. Of course, this friend knows me well enough to know that I bought a duck pull toy because the quacking cracked me up thinking about Scalia. . . .

22tango
04-19-2004, 11:00 PM
YUP! :D That is, we did our part by buying & eating the cookies! LOL!!

aliceinwonderland
04-20-2004, 09:36 AM
It was one of the first GORGEOUS days of the year here in Boston, so DH and I went to breakfast, and then took a long drive. Well, we ended up in Newberryport...There were 3 moms there in the little center of the city, with their babies, selling cookies and such. We bought a bunch of cookies. It was so nice. We didn't even know it was going on, but then DH saw in the news that is was a nation-wide thing...I loved the signs, "Bake back the White House"... :)

eri and the bean, due April 19th (you can come anytime now, buddy!) :)

C99
04-20-2004, 10:23 AM
I didn't go because I was feeling under the weather and just couldn't do anything but sleep. But a dear friend of mine baked for the sale closest to me and she reported that they made just under $1K in their "Confections for Kerry" bake sale.