PDA

View Full Version : We need a new printer... HELP!

Tondi G
04-19-2004, 07:57 PM
We have an Epson C80 currently and have had nothing but trouble with it for the most part. Always getting horizontal bands in our pics and constantly running tests that waste the ink... UUGH! Well I think Mason pushed the buttons one too many times and now it just won't print...... we were pretty much done with it anyways!

SO what kind of printer do you have? HP, Canon, anything else we should consider???? I would like it to print decent photo pictures..... wouldn't be doing too many but on the occasion that we do want to print something out I would like to be able to!

Any sites that review printers that you would recommend we look at?

Thanks in advance for any info/advise you have to offer!!!!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

billysmommy
04-19-2004, 09:09 PM
When we bought our digital camera we bought a Canon i850 printer and have been very happy with the pictures we print out. When the ink is running very low we will get a couple of horizontal bands across the picture and then as soon as we replace the ink the pictures are perfect again. We did a lot of research on our camera using consumer reports but not as much with our printer. I'm pretty sure their website does have lots of info on printers. HTH

hwin708
04-20-2004, 01:11 AM
We went with the HP Photosmart 7960 for my computer recently, based on this review:
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1356703,00.asp
I would definitely recommend this printer, or try looking around the pcmag site for other ideas.

For DH's computer and the laptops, we went with a Samsung wireless laser, which I doubt you need to look into. If you have a few laptops, though, I highly recommend going this route.

Good luck!

Grace_underfire
04-20-2004, 11:26 AM
I have a Canon i860 and we LOVE IT! Good for my work and good for home use too. The pics it prints look JUST like film. I was amazed. Read the amazon reviews. We went by those and have been thrilled with the printer. Also the ink refills are a lot cheaper than many others. A + for us although we have had it for 3 or 4 months and no need to change them anytime soon.

Tondi G
04-20-2004, 01:57 PM
Thanks everyone, I appreciate it! That pcmag.com site is great with info and reviews!!!!

~Tondi

NancyJ_redo
04-20-2004, 03:32 PM
Tondi - the pcmag website is great for researching, as is www.cnet.com. Also, we have the Epson C80 and recently, after DH sent something random to the printer, it seemed to die. I turned it off and on a couple of times and unplugged it, to no avail.
I finally left it unplugged for a day or so, and it came back to life. I can understand you wanting to replace your C80 since I hate mine also, but I wanted to let you know that yours might still have some life in it - try unplugging it to see if it helps.