PDA

View Full Version : Returning to regular sized bras

Mabster
04-19-2004, 10:19 PM
I posted this over in Maternity Wear and haven't gotten a response yet so I thought I'd try here...

I just stopped pumping this past week. I'm in desperate need of new bras. How long does it take for you to shrink down to your regular size? I was big to begin with, got huge while pregnant and for the first few weeks of attempted breastfeeding & pumping, but I can tell that I've been shrinking for the last few months. I don't want to spend all sorts of ridiculous money stocking up on bras that I will shrink out of shortly though. Any guidelines as to when your bustline stabilized? Thanks in advance!

JulieL
04-19-2004, 11:16 PM
I think it takes a few weeks (maybe 2) weeks for your milk to dry up. Not sure if that is scientifically true but that's the guidelines I remember hearing. Honestly I personally don't remember when it was for myself.

Tondi G
04-19-2004, 11:55 PM
I waited a month or two and then went in to victorias secret and the lady measured me. I was always a 34B and now I am a 36B! I ended up buying a simple full coverage cotton bra.... just started with one bra just in case I did shrink a bit more.... no such luck... so I put some new bras on my christmas list, now I have several!

Sometimes it can take months for ones milk supply to completely dry up but I would say within a month you should have a pretty good idea of what size bras you will need to buy! Good luck

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

C99
04-20-2004, 10:27 AM
I'm still nursing, but only 4x day and my bustline is still changing. Before I was pregnant, I wore a 34B. When I was measured for my first nursing bra, 3 days after giving birth, I wore a 36B. I ballooned out to a 36C when Nate was 2-3 months old, but I was re-measured (for nursing bras) when he was around 11-12 months old and I was back in a 34B.

lag555
04-20-2004, 10:44 AM
My daughter is almost ten months old. I stopped nursing her at just under six months old. I have not yet returned to my pre-pregnancy or pre-nursing size. Both the number and the letter have gone up (the number more significantly than the letter).

I think it would be worthwhile for you to buy two pairs that fit you now and then wait a couple of weeks and see how things have changed.

Aggie