PDA

View Full Version : OT: looking for an easy punch recipe

jbowman
04-20-2004, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone,

Ellie's baptism is scheduled for next month and we are having a simple reception afterwards. We are serving cake, mints, and nuts. I am looking for an easy, yummy recipe for punch. Any suggestions? There will probably be about 40-50 people at the reception, so I will need a big batch (and something that is easy to refill)! TIA!

Marisa6826
04-20-2004, 10:57 AM
I had this one at my baby shower. It was SOOOO good, we even drank it after the party was over!

1 (32 fluid ounce) bottle apple juice, chilled
1 (12 fluid ounce) can frozen cranberry juice concentrate
1 cup orange juice
1 1/2 liters ginger ale
1 apple

1 In a large punch bowl, combine apple juice, cranberry juice concentrate and orange juice. Stir until dissolved, then slowly pour in the ginger ale.
2 Thinly slice the apple vertically, forming whole apple slices. Float apple slices on top of punch.

Makes 12 servings

There were a bunch of others if you do a search on www.allrecipes.com.

But I know this one is definitely good. Obviously, you would multiply the ingredients to get the quantity you want.

Have fun and don't go crazy prepping for your party ;)

-m

Tondi G
04-20-2004, 02:02 PM
My mom used to make a punch using cranberry raspberry juice and 7-up or sprite. Then floated ice cream bon bons on the top! I always remember it being yummy! Get a small bottle of each and try it out... see how you like it.... it would be easy to refill with only two ingredients! I suppose you coule also put some fresh raspberries in there too to float around with the bon bons!

Good luck!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

sweetbasil
04-20-2004, 04:21 PM
The easiest punch recipe I've ever made has two ingredients- sherbet (any flavor/color- which is great if you've got a color scheme you're working with) and ginger ale...the sherbet should be soft, but not melted, and I believe we used 3- 2 liters for every 1/2 gallon of sherbet.

Have a great time!

cdlamis
04-20-2004, 04:27 PM
I agree with the recipe that Julie gace you. It's yummy! And very easy.

Enjoy the special day!

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35d0802848f *December pictures

JLiebCamm
04-20-2004, 10:49 PM
I second the cranberry/OJ mixture. My recipe is similar but calls for 7-Up. It is a yummy combo!

heidi_timms
04-20-2004, 10:56 PM
I have a similar recipe with the sherbert....

Ingredients:

-Hawaiian punch concentrate (liquid in the punch aisle)
-sherbert (love the safeway strawberry kiwi or orange, rasberry, pineapple)
-sprite or 7 up

Fill your punch bowl with 3/4 portion of made Hawaiian punch (with water added) and do 1/4 portion of Sprite. Float scoops of sherbert on top.

This punch is so yummy. We always do this for baby showers!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

jbowman
04-20-2004, 11:37 PM
Thank you for all of the wonderful recipes! I'll certainly have fun trying them out, they all sound delicious!

HGraceMom
04-21-2004, 09:06 AM
if you want to use champagne...

One bottle champagne
One two-liter Vernors (or other Ginger Ale)
One package Frozen Strawberries

We used this recipe for my sister's wedding showers at Christmastime - it went 3x as fast as the eggnog!