PDA

View Full Version : OT--where to get replacement checks?

cinrein
04-20-2004, 01:52 PM
I need some more checks. I used checks unlimited the last time I got checks, so I can't take advantage of their introductory deals. Anyone know a good place to get more checks?

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

tinkerbell1217
04-20-2004, 02:05 PM
Current has nice check designs. I love Checks Unlimited too, their designs are always changing and they have quite a bit. I just pay full price after I ordered the first time. Also, I think another company is called Checks In The Mail???

Kelly

mharling
04-20-2004, 03:03 PM
I would strongly urge you to get them through your financial institution, even though you'll likely pay more. It just seems so much safer to me.

Mary
Lane 4/6/03

hellokitty1
04-20-2004, 03:28 PM
I don't have specific companies in mind but the best place to look is the coupon sections of the Sunday paper.

mamahill
04-20-2004, 05:25 PM
Agreed. Less than one month after I decided to order cheap checks on my own, DH and I were embroiled in a HUGE identity theft problem. I will never order checks from anywhere other than my financial institution.

As a side note, when you do order checks, please remember the following:

-do NOT print your driver's license
-do NOT print your phone number
-only print your first and middle initials, and full last name, but sign how you usually do. This way, if someone steals your checks, and signs with your initials, it is easy to show it wasn't you.

I know that some people complain they don't like writing out a phone number, but it's for YOUR protection. You probably don't think it will happen to you, and it might not, but I had to spend over 100 hours clearing it up. And that's considered minimal.

LD92599
04-20-2004, 08:48 PM
Costco.com is good for ordering checks...of course, your bank is the best!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

jubilee
04-21-2004, 01:27 AM
I've used checksinthemail.com for over 8 years and have been really happy.

JElaineB
04-21-2004, 02:29 PM
I totally agree with not putting you driver's license number or phone number on the checks. Never thought about using initals only! I'm curious as to why you think it is safer to order checks through your financial institution, rather than a well-known alternative company? Your bank doesn't actually print the checks themselves, they send it out to some company unknown to you. So I don't see how it is really any safer? Truly curious if your bank told you something that I haven't heard of about this.

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

mamahill
04-21-2004, 04:10 PM
Anytime you sign up for checks, you have to give them all of your financial isntitution information, and sometimes your SSN. It's just one more place that has your info. And, I'm guessing, that even though my bank sends my checks out, it's the same company. In any event, it's less of a risk.

And it was just one of those checkmarks on several Identity Theft Protection lists (FTC, police department, various online cources) that tells you how to protect yourself. I might be ok with a well-known company, but personally, after our troubles, I'm sticking with what I know.