PDA

View Full Version : Is this normal in early pregnancy?

cdlamis
04-20-2004, 04:00 PM
Can someone allevaite my concerns?

I have had a slight cramp on my right side- off and on all morning. It doesn't feel like a menstrual cramp which I know can be normal in early pregnancy. This feels like a tight knot- almost like a running cramp. It doesn't hurt a lot but its noticeable.

I am only 10 days past conception. I called my Dr. this morning but haven't heard from her yet.

TIA~

Daniella
Mom to Julia 6-13-02
http://www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b35d0802848f *December pictures

ralu
04-20-2004, 04:11 PM
I also had a similar kind of pain around 2-3 weeks after conception. I was very worried that it may be an ectopic pregnancy. I had an ultrasound and everything was fine.

Raluca

firstbaby
04-20-2004, 04:12 PM
I had something that sounds similar to this - I think the OB nurse called it round ligament pain? It was completely harmless.

Thinking positive thoughts your way - keep us posted :)

jk3
04-20-2004, 04:36 PM
I had round ligamnet pain for weeks on end during the first trimester. Since it was my first pregnancy, I called my doctor constantly. Although it's reassuring that it's not harmful, if that's your trouble, it can be very, very painful!

votre_ami03
04-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Probably round ligament pain. Very common & can last for weeks.

I have had both an ectopic pg & a "normal" pregnancy. I had cramping in my lower pelvic area w/both pregnancies. It was like a dull sensation. I felt the same way w/both, so I think it is pretty normal! Call your Dr if you get too concerned. It may put your mind at ease.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-20-2004, 06:20 PM
It sounds to me like it could be the implantation into the uterus...they really bury themselves in there evidently. I too have felt something very similiar at about that amount of days post conception....

If you feared a tube pregnancy (which gives A LOT of pain) that does not happen till several weeks post conception so that would not be a fear of mine at this stage....

Keep us posted as tow hat your DR says...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

tinkerbell1217
04-20-2004, 06:28 PM
Round ligament pain and/or implantation cramping sound like what you are experiencing to me too. Ectopics don't usually start causing pain until around your 6-8wks along. I am sure you are just fine!!!

Lots of luck!

Kelly

JLiebCamm
04-20-2004, 10:46 PM
I also had this and was very scared. But I had an uneventful pregnancy. My OB also called it ligament pain.

jamsmu
04-20-2004, 11:19 PM
Why even post? I had the same thing as everyone says. They explained it as just stretching for the baby to grow. But so scary!!

hang in there and keep smiling... and bug that doctor if you're worried!