PDA

View Full Version : NIP experience today....

MKH76
04-21-2004, 02:16 AM
I went to the office for a meeting today and brought DD (4 weeks old). Let me just say that they asked me to come and said to bring her. I work for my family practice doc as a nurse and we were discussing the nursing shortage and how to better facilitate the extra things the nurses in our office do (IE: teach breastfeeding, immunize the peds, etc). DD was great during the entire meeting, just snuggled up against me and slept. The docs got called across the street to the hospital for a procedure (very small town here!!), leaving just the nurses to finish up the meeting (all girls in the room now). DD started to fuss and squirm and was obviously hungry, so I began to BF. At this point the meeting had ended and we were just sitting around chatting. One of the front office girls came into the meeting room to ask a question and was happy to see DD was there and came over to get a peek at the baby. She actually said I should have warned her that I was BF, she said she wanted to see the baby and not my boob. Aurggh!! I was tempted to pop DD off and squirt this girl in the eye!! (Just kidding, but we've all had those thoughts!!)

new_mommy25
04-21-2004, 03:08 AM
Was she serious or joking? Lol, if not I would be tempted to squirt as well! My DS is the type who pops off the second he hears a sound or he is trying to push my shirt up to reveal my entire boob. I have learned to keep my hand right there so I can immediatly pull my shirt down over my nipple if someone comes over and he pops off. It sounds like the girl up front could use a few lessons because i imagine there are many mothers who nurse in the lounge while waiting to see the ped.

Rachels
04-21-2004, 09:00 AM
What a clod. Does she not have breasts herself?!

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

sntm
04-21-2004, 03:02 PM
i agree -- boo on the silly girl and yay for you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
shannon
not-even-pregnant-yet-overachiever
trying-to-conceive :)
PREGNANT! EDD 6/9/03
mama to Jack 6/6/03

parkersmama
04-21-2004, 03:33 PM
She sounds like a dope! So many people are overly sensitive about seeing a mother NIP and I find that teenagers/younger adult women are some of the worst!

When we had our fall Georgia group get together, a few of us headed over to the mall. I met up with Peggy (Phirey) and we went into a dept store searching for the restroom (for me to nurse and for other more obvious reasons). Well, we found the potty but there was only one chair and it was already occupied by a nursing mom! :) So we headed out into the store and found a nice comfy set of sofas near the escalators. Peggy let Margot down to play while I settled in to nurse Amy Grace on one of the sofas. A bit later a couple of older teenage girls came and plopped down right next to me. I raised my eyebrows at Peggy (sitting across from me) but the gals didn't seem to notice. They stayed for a little while and must have looked over to notice that I was nursing and suddenly said something along the lines of, "Ooh, gross!" and hopped up and left! LOL! Peggy and I got a good laugh out of it! :)

pritchettzoo
04-21-2004, 04:33 PM
That's too funny--you should have yelled, "Practice safe sex!" after them. :P

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

pritchettzoo
04-21-2004, 04:35 PM
I hope she was kidding. She works in a doctor's office for crying out loud--she should be used to boobs. If she wasn't kidding, squirt away!

Anna
Mama to Gracie (9/16/03)

redhookmom
04-21-2004, 05:51 PM
I can't imagine why another woman would be upset by seeing a boob. COME ON!!