PDA

View Full Version : my button pusher

jubilee
04-21-2004, 02:54 AM
Ds has discovered the little buttons on the TV and enjoys switching channels and the volume. Any suggestions on how to stop him? Is there something you can put over the buttons?

new_mommy25
04-21-2004, 03:11 AM
Lol, DS always does that. What I do is grab the DVD or VCR remote and pretend to use it. He'll grab for it and happily play with it while I have the TV remote far away. When I change channels I try to keep it out of his sight. Otherwise he wants it and will cry if we take it away,lol. We have a few old remotes that we took the back off and removed the batteries for DS to play with. But of course he will much rather prefer the one he sees us using.

ETA
Ok now I look like an idiot. Just re-read your post and realized you meant TV, NOT remote. Sigh...
I think I saw something in One Step Ahead. I'll do a search and see if I can find anything.

new_mommy25
04-21-2004, 03:26 AM
Ok, here we go.
http://tinyurl.com/2h7jf

cinrein
04-21-2004, 07:31 AM
Anna did this for a while--maybe a couple weeks. Then the novelty wore off and now she seldom touches the TV buttons. If you can stand it, it may resolve itself without you needing to buy anything.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

jubilee
04-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Cool! Thanks Angie! I'm not sure it will fit our TV, ours is 36" or something like that. But I'll show my DH and he can decide. Thanks again!