PDA

View Full Version : Fun gift ideas for friend expecting twins

mindeva
04-21-2004, 09:03 AM
A friend of mine will be in the hospital until her boy/girl twins are born in approx. 4 weeks. Anyone have an fun/creative suggestions for a gift to take her. I was thinking of a basket with a book on twins, but not sure what else. Any suggestions?

ddmarsh
04-21-2004, 10:19 AM
Maybe you could put these hats in with whatever you are taking:

www.getatag.com (look under personalized items and you'll see them)

I purchased these for a friend who was also hospitalized prior to the birth of her twins and they still wear them when she takes them out!

spu
04-21-2004, 10:41 AM
you know what would be the greatest gift to give your friend expecting twins? food! I know that sounds hokey, but honestly, when I first had my twins (and even now still!) making dinner, food shopping, or even finding something healthy for a snack was next to impossible... esp. in the beginning. and if she's breastfeeding, she'll need lots of things she can snack on with one hand.

so, on that note, you could make her a gift basket with yummy snacks, gift certificates to local restaurants or places that deliver with take-out menus, or hand-made coupons from you offering to bring fresh produce, lunch, food shop, etc. Produce was a biggie for us since you really can't stock up on it like you can frozen homemade dinners...

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html

lag555
04-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Are you looking for baby gifts or for something for her while she's in the hospital?

Aggie

lag555
04-21-2004, 11:56 AM
Are you looking for baby gifts or for something for her while she's in the hospital?

Aggie

jasabo
04-21-2004, 12:23 PM
I'm with Susan....I know it sounds boring, but food (like what she mentioned) would be really useful. Also, offer to help out, maybe print out some cute gift certs for an afternoon of babysitting so she can get out, nap, or do what she wants, or an evening out with her husband. I would have really loved something like that. All my friends got me cute little things for the boys and brought them over to visit us all, which was really nice and sweet and I really appreciated it. But honestly I would have preferred that they save their money and just come over and help out a little. I can't even convey how incredibly difficult the first few months with twins are (at least for me). Having friends pitch in and help in some way would probably really make her life easier. She probably won't want to leave the twins right away, so maybe offer to just come over and help her out while she's there. Not sure if she's going to be a SAHM or not, but if she is, she'd probably really appreciate the adult interaction, as well as the help.

If you want to buy something too, maybe do a basket with a few cute things for the baby (I just saw these and thought they were cute http://www.babybox.com/mibatsh.html), some food type things (gift certs for take out, etc), and some certs for babysitting, coming over to help her with the kids, etc.

She's lucky to have a friend like you!

Lisa - mom to 10 month old twin boys

mindeva
04-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks for the great suggestions! I was thinking of getting stuff for now while she's in the hospital & later once the babies are born, if that makes sense.

HGraceMom
04-21-2004, 07:54 PM
One of my girlfriends & I just put together a care package for a friend in a similar situation & included:
magazines, and an offer to run to the library as she makes her way through book after book
A comfy bathrobe & a nice pair of slippers, and an offer to launder them occasionally
a manicure set, and an offer to paint her toes (if you're comfortable doing that)
A nice, non-perfumed lotion
a phone card
a nice shampoo / conditioner
a small mirror compact
chapstick
a pretty pen (that no one will mistake for their own) & a notebook to keep track of Dr. instructions, blood test results, phone calls, etc.
an evian spritzer (hospitals are SO dry!)
a nice water bottle
individually packaged snacks (granola bars, etc.)
a fresh toothbrush & nice not-minty toothpaste
a digital camera, and the beginnings of a scrap book with a glue stick to include all of the "thinking of you" cards she'll receive

If I think of anything else we included, I'll repost... HTH