PDA

View Full Version : Dr. Messed up my sons vaccines!! Freaking out!

Grace_underfire
04-21-2004, 03:22 PM
My son had his shots at 2 and 4 moths with the individual vaccines... we did not want to do Hep B until he was 18 months.
Today my DH took him to the doctor for his 6 months appt and they gave him the PEDIARIX shot which is not the individual vaccines and it does contain the HEP B. I AM FREAKING OUT... is this a problem to start out one way and then switch? I hate the fact that they gave him the HEP B as I wanted to delay that one.

Does anybody know if the mix is ok?
I am freaking out and I am fuming. I guess there is no way I cannot go to every single appointment.

Grace_underfire
04-21-2004, 05:40 PM
Well both the Pediatrician office and the CDC as well as the Vaccine manufacturer say that only one of the vaccines is preferrable to be the same the DtaP vaccine which apparently can vary between manufacturers... so they do recommend that they be the same (which in our case are not) but they say if not known or the same manufacturer is not available then its ok to give the different one.
I am still upset, really mad and upset but I guess that it will not be a HUGE problem if any problem at all.

Just wanted to update this in case anybody else is or will be in the same case scenario that I am. MAKE sure to CHECK those vaccines before they are given to your baby even if the nurses think you are acting paranoid.

COElizabeth
04-21-2004, 06:28 PM
My son got one Hep B shot as part of a combined vaccine and another dose separately because they were out of the combined one at one appointment.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04