PDA

View Full Version : Calling Beth (Egoldber); I need some help!

etwahl
04-23-2004, 01:43 AM
bad timing. we are supposed to drive to charlotte tomorrow. long drive, and just today lauren caught the really bad cold we've had. she's sleeping terribly and can't breath. i remember you saying once you gave sarah a decogestant of some sort. can you tell me what?

i don't know what to do. i have an appt with ins, and if we don't go, it's assumed "abandoned". we've spent a lot of money to get to this point, so i'm not sure if we can just not go, although i may just do that and suffer the consequences.

but i wanted to know if you had magical remedies. she's so sick, i've been suctioning her, although she hates it. she's so stuffed up that she hates sleeping lying flat, but hates sitting up too. she's miserable and i don't know what to do for her. the thought of being in a car for a long period of time, i dont' know. i feel horrible.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

heidi_timms
04-23-2004, 02:59 AM
I'm not Beth, but we just went through this too. I got Pediacare cough and cold at Target for infants. It made a huge difference because it dried up the snot. They have two or three brands there that will probably work wonders. The pediacare did make DD sleepy, but for your carride, it may be a good thing :)

Hope Lauren feels better!

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

NancyJ_redo
04-23-2004, 03:39 AM
Tammy - we've done the Pediacare for infants also, and DH is a doc so I trust him (mostly :)). It did work for DS, so perhaps you can try that. Good luck, what awful timing for all of you!

LucyG
04-23-2004, 07:22 AM
We've used Dimetapp Cough and Cold for infants with good results. You can find it at any grocery store or drugstore. I hope she feels better soon!

etwahl
04-23-2004, 07:41 AM
our night was HORRIBLE. she was up crying all night long. it was bad. we're all exhausted. i just realized i have dimetapp decongestnat plus cough, but it sounds like i should try the pedicare cough and cold. we'll pick it up on our way out. i guess we're going to try and go. i'm afraid of NOT going, but i'm also afraid of her getting worse.

last night her temp was 99.9. i haven't checked yet this morning. she's coughing i think becuase of all the fluids draining into her nose.

this is the worst i've ever seen her. it's so bad.

Tammy,
Mom to Lauren Genevieve
03/12/2003
www.evantammy.com

cinrein
04-23-2004, 07:55 AM
I'm sorry Lauren is sick. Just wanted to wish you well on your trip. I'd probably go to if I were in your shoes. She'd be upright in the carseat, which helps with breathing, and the change of scenery might distract her a bit. Good luck---if worse comes to worse you can always come back home.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

egoldber
04-23-2004, 09:30 AM
Tammy, so sorry that Lauren is sick. :(

Infant Robitussin always worked wonders for us.

HTH,

amp
04-23-2004, 12:19 PM
I couldn't find any dosing info for infants on Dr. Sears website for Dimetapp, so I didn't feel safe using it. But, I found dosing for Pediacare cough and cold, so that's what we used when Jake was sick. Go to www.askdrsears.com for the dosing (it's in The Medicine Cabinet) since the package will only tell you to call the doc. And I had to have an medicine/eye dropper with ours since it was a store brand (not the name brand) and didn't contain one. It did make Jake sleep a LOT, which isn't a terrible thing when they are sick and miserable. If she's not taking fluids, consider some pedialyte or similar so she doesn't get dehydrated. And nurse. Good luck!