PDA

View Full Version : Update on my friend Anne and her baby

peanut4us
04-23-2004, 02:34 PM
I just finally got through to her today... I was getting so worried and no one would call me back. Evidently the day I talked to her she started bleeding in her brain again. It was more serius than the previous ones. They performed an angiogram on her. ANd basically decided that she was born with some condition that will cause this bleeding when her blood flow increases (as in when she is pregnant). So this will continue throughout her pregnancy.

SHe is 19 weeks and the baby looks good on the ultrasound, despite everything that has happened so far. I think a big concern is that if this is already happening now, what will it be like toward the end of her pregnancy.

She has some other big test scheduled for monday. Anne didn't know what it was. She's on morphine right now and was really fuzzy on most of the details. So she's still in the hospital.

I wanted to thank you all for your prayers and thoughts... and ask you to keep sending them her way. I think I am the most freaked out right now as I realize how much danger she is really in. All we can do is wait it out.

deborah_r
04-23-2004, 03:14 PM
Oh my, she must be so scared. I will be hoping for the best for her and the baby!

bluej
04-23-2004, 03:29 PM
Thanks for the update Joey. I'll keep her and her baby in my prayers.

Rachels
04-23-2004, 03:35 PM
How scary, Joey! Thinking of all of you...

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

toomanystrollers
04-23-2004, 03:38 PM
We will continue to keep her and her baby in our thoughts and prayers.

amp
04-23-2004, 03:53 PM
Joey, I just said another little prayer as I read this. I'm sorry she's still having problems. Sounds so very scary! I hope that she and the baby both continue to be safe. Keep us updated on her progress. Take care of yourself too! I know this must be really scary for you also.

emmaandgeorge
04-23-2004, 03:55 PM
Our bodies have an amazing way of protecting the baby, so he.she should be fine, but your friend's health is at risk. I hope she is in a place where she is receiving expert care and expert advice. She needs a high risk OB -- sounds like she has a bleeding disorder. I will pray for her too. I am so sorry to hear about this and am praying for you as well.

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-23-2004, 04:46 PM
Thanks for updating...please keep us posted...our thoughts are with her (and family and friends)...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

LD92599
04-23-2004, 05:13 PM
Joey:

Thanks for the update on Anne. We'll be sure to keep her (& family and friends) in our thoughts.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

khakismom
04-23-2004, 05:34 PM
Joey, your friend and her baby are in my thoughts and prayers. Please keep us updated!!

doubleL
04-24-2004, 12:18 AM
Glad to get an update. Sorry the news isn't better, but so glad to hear itty bitty baby looks good on the ultrasound. Will keep you and this family in my prayers.

Lou
~David 5.01
~Elisabeth 6.03

hez
04-24-2004, 12:25 PM
I'm praying for your friend and the baby. Keep us posted.

sweetbasil
04-24-2004, 12:30 PM
Bless her heart...thanks for the update, Joey, and keep them coming! Anne and her family will remain in my prayers.

Hugs,