PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Me Find a Waterproof Picnic Blanket

August Mom
04-24-2004, 06:45 PM
I looking for a waterproof picnic blanket, essentially. Has anyone seen one they like? Ideally, I would like the part of the blanket that's touching the ground to be waterproof/moisture resistant and the inside to be soft like a regular blanket. I would like the whole thing to roll up or zip up to be contained and have a carrying handle. And, preferably, I would like the inside blanket liner to zip out for washing. Last year, I saw a similar item at Container Store, but when I went to buy it this year, it wasn't being carried.

Any recommendations? Where have you seen such a thing? And, is it called something special? (I haven't been that successful in my Internet search thus far).

TIA

heidi_timms
04-24-2004, 07:20 PM
We have this cover called The Neat Sheet. They sell them at Target and some other places.

Here is a link to their website and they even have a $1.50 off coupon on the "special offers" tab!

http://www.theneatsheet.com/

~Heidi
Mom to Kailey Ashlin
4/27/03

papal
04-24-2004, 07:25 PM
Seconding The Neat Sheet. It is water-resistant. We use that as a base layer and then put a soft blanket on top. Does not have a handle or anything, but rolls up pretty small.

cinrein
04-24-2004, 08:05 PM
I saw something exactly like you describe at Kohls last year. It folded up into a bag shape and had handles to carry it. I haven't been there this year to see if they have them again. They were in the seasonal summer section.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

Marisa6826
04-24-2004, 08:33 PM
Chanda-

They have them at Bed Bath and Beyond. I've also seen them at Costco.

They have a nice quilted plaid top and a waterproof bottom.

Can't remember how much they are though.

-m

deborah_r
04-24-2004, 09:38 PM
I almost picked up something similar at Target today, but I don't think the bottome was waterproof, so I changed my mind. It zipped up so it was like a cushion, then you unzipped it to make it into a blanket. It had a carrying handle. It was $20, and since it didn't SEEM to be waterproof, I decided to pass. It wa in the seasonal section, I guess you would call it, with the colorful outside BBQ supplies.

JLiebCamm
04-24-2004, 11:27 PM
I like the Neat Sheets too. They work very well, are washable, and are cheap enough that you don't care if something happens to them.

Melanie
04-25-2004, 02:13 AM
I have one made by Tuffo. I like it a lot and it comes with a carrying case. Check on eBay (search by 'tuffo') they sell for less than half price, brand-new, and it seemed to have come from the manufacturer, as well. Right now they even have a ladybug one up for auction!

www.tuffo.com