PDA

View Full Version : Has the bean sprouted????

JLiebCamm
04-26-2004, 07:09 AM
Just noticing that there haven't been any posts from Eri "Aliceinwonderland" over the past day. Could this mean that "the bean" has finally made his/her appearance???? Hoping for good news and that all is well.

Sarah1
04-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Yeah Jessica, I was wondering the same thing!!! Eri and the little Bean, how are you guys????

billysmommy
04-26-2004, 09:00 AM
I was thinking the same thing this morning.....Hoping everything is great :)

amp
04-26-2004, 12:10 PM
I already had put in my vote/bet for this weekend. When do I get my money? ;-) Here's hoping Eri finally gets to meet and hold the bean!

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-26-2004, 12:24 PM
I noticed too...I suspect she has bean in arms right now :)....
Bless her heart I don't think she was convinced that it was going to happen...and I remember feeling EXACTLY the same way 14 months ago :)
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

aliceinwonderland
04-26-2004, 01:52 PM
The bean is still swimming happily inside of me...I haven't posted because I was in for a series of Dr's appointments and ultrasounds this morning...he passed all of his tests (though the non-stress test nurse all but declared him a bit lazy, lol), the ultrasound showed a perfect 6 pound 12 oz bean, good fluids, placenta, all that, and some chubby cheeks :)

So everything looks good. For that reason, the doctor will NOT induce until Friday or Saturday (I get the exact date tomorrow).

I have given up on "natural" inducement because nothing has worked. I will now defer to what has emerged the clear boss in this relationship, my unborn son :)

Thanks so much for checking on us :)

eri and the bean, due last week!!

MartiesMom2B
04-26-2004, 03:12 PM
Eri:

Oh watch. You'll have the inducement scheduled for Saturday and you'll go into labor on Friday night. ;)

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Sarah1
04-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Thanks for the update, Eri!

HANG IN THERE and keep us posted :)

amp
04-26-2004, 03:23 PM
Damn, I was counting my cash on that bet already! You won't need to be induced. I just know you are going into labor. And when it happens, we'll FINALLY be able to tell you "told you so!" No woman has ever stayed pregnant forever! Come on Bean, don't make your mamma wait anymore!

trumansmom
04-26-2004, 03:36 PM
Well, crud.

But at least you're getting an early understanding of who's the boss!

Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

aliceinwonderland
04-26-2004, 03:48 PM
That is too funny :)

I'm actually giving up on being frustrated...It is rather humorous though..The hardest part (surprisingly) is managing people's reactions. I almost feel like saying "I'm so sorry to disappoint you (insert name of loving relative), there's not much I can do!!"

LOL :)

amp
04-26-2004, 03:50 PM
Are we driving you crazy too? Like the relatives? Just know we are supporting you and want the bean to come too! Beanwatch is a great name for it (thanks jeanne!) But we dont' want to be lumped in with the well-meaning but annoying relatives who are probably hounding you night and day! :D

starrynight
04-26-2004, 03:52 PM
Glad you are both doing well. He will be here either way by the end of the week, does it sound better that way? ;) Sending you labor vibes.

jbowman
04-26-2004, 03:53 PM
Hi Eri,

I remember being in your shoes and I went into labor exactly a week after my due date...

You are right--you have a new boss now!

Best of luck! I am so excited for you!

aliceinwonderland
04-26-2004, 03:56 PM
No, not at all...This is so amusing to me...the relatives are slightly annoying because they call in the middle of my nap!!

no worries. I secretly love the attention ;)

momma_boo
04-26-2004, 04:51 PM
I hope Beanwatch doesn't last too long.

Sending good labor vibes to you.....

I think Andrea is right. You'll go into labor the night before your induction, just wait and see!

This reminds me that I was actually born about 2 weeks late, I think. My mom would tell me that it was God's way of helping me grow (the docs had been worried that I would be too small, but with the extra time, I was a good size when I came out ... 7 and a half pounds).

jd11365
04-26-2004, 05:25 PM
You see, The Bean was waiting to be a clear Taurus...aka The Bull...like my boss, Kayla. BTW, we call Kayla The Bean too. We are seriously (yet joking) disappointed we didn't give it as her middle name. We always call her by both, "Kayla Bean, come here..." Anyway, sending you lots of labor vibes!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

ShayleighCarsensMom
04-26-2004, 06:08 PM
Dont you love it when relatives call....do they actually think that you wont call when the baby comes. With my DS, my mother called to see and I said, oh yeah, we just got back from the hospital! (She never asked again after that!)
I know how you feel, like you really dont have a baby in there, you've just resorted to being pregnant forever...
Keep us posted!

aliceinwonderland
04-26-2004, 07:17 PM
I see your little bean was born on Mayday too. How funny :) :)

jamsmu
04-26-2004, 10:06 PM
The bean has been in the oven so long its good and baked. (sorry Eri, I couldn't resist!) :)

Anyway, get rid of those annoying relatives by leaving a message on your machine that says, "the bean hasn't arrived yet, I'm resting before he does, have a good day." Then turn off your ringer and get some sleep!!

Thinking of you and wishing you well!!