PDA

View Full Version : So does anyones elses child "bark"

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-26-2004, 02:16 PM
I'm sheepishly not even meaning a true imitating the dogs...I mean when someone pulls up or something happens that gets my whole "pack" (of three) barking, I swear T joins right in as if he doesn't even notice he is doing it. He has almost been down for a nap and lifted hid head to "humph...humph..." he's done this for awhile :)
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

JulieL
04-26-2004, 02:54 PM
Boy that brings back memories. Anthony use to growl all the time for no apparent reason when he was 9 or so months old. It went on for months. Can't tell you how many strange looks I got at the grocery store! I thought it was hysterical!

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-26-2004, 04:04 PM
...and you all are just to afraid to tell me, that my baby thinks he is a dog...
I actually caught him eating off of a table the other day with no hands and putting his little head first as if to copy the pups....

Poor little fella...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-26-2004, 04:05 PM
Oh it sounds cute :)....
Thanks for sharing!!!!
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

nathansmom
04-26-2004, 04:34 PM
Well if it makes you feel better Nathan thinks he's a cat. He uses the litter box and eats out of a bowl nest to them. If the cats are getting combed he's there waiting his turn. He also talks to them and curls up with them and reads to them.

Jeanne
04-26-2004, 04:40 PM
No barking here but my youngest pants a lot! When ever she gets excited she pants. I'm wondering if she isn't mimicking the dog at my sitters house!

sadie427
04-26-2004, 04:59 PM
Sammy does not bark, but he also pants like a doggie! And we don't have a dog, so he is not imitating one!

bluej
04-26-2004, 05:23 PM
No barking in this house, but Ryden growls/screeches like the dragon thing on the Baby Einstein videos (I don't know, is that even a growl? What sound is that?). Brahhhh! Blahhhh! What is it? I'll have to pay closer attention next time.

Karenn
04-26-2004, 05:25 PM
Colin started barking when he was about 14 months old. He heard a dog barking one day and suddenly, that was his word for "dog." That's still the sound he uses to talk about dogs. We'll be out for a walk and he'll see a dog and start barking at it- and he loves dogs so his barking gets pretty animated. :)

Melanie
04-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Oh that is so cute! He probably just thinks he's one of them.

votre_ami03
04-26-2004, 06:00 PM
I taught my nephew to growl at about 6 mos old. People would come up to my sis & say what a cute baby, Austin would reply by growling at them. :) Now, Austin, age 9 wants to teach Nolan to growl.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

wagner36
04-26-2004, 06:58 PM
No barking here, but if it makes you feel any better, Charlie loves dog food. Loves it. When he sees the blue scoop come out he starts squealing, crawls over to the dish while giggling, waits until we drop it in the bowl. We could never figure out why until Piper growled at him one day and DH picked him up and 7 pieces of dog food fell out of his mouth (yes, I am a terrible parent. Not only is it vile and disgusting, but also a serious choking hazard). So, now one of us takes him into the other room and plays really loud music while we feed the dog. But, if he hears it clang into the bowl, he'll scream and cry and throw himself against the door. It's really terrible. And apparently hereditary, since the big joke in DH's family is that he used to love dog food as well.

I have never felt so much guilt about anything. I think I cried for like an hour when we realized why he would always sit by Piper while she ate....

Jenmv
04-27-2004, 12:00 AM
DD seems to have abandoned trying to say the word dog and now just barks whenever she see's the dog. She has the rhythm down perfectly and goes "woof, woof, woof" whenever she hears the dog bark. The other day I was getting her out of her car seat at the store and she starts "woofing" and sure enough I look over and there is a dog in the car next to us. Sigh...If only she would put as much effort into speaking real words. :-)

dogmom
04-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Neve, I'll see your barking child and raise you and embarassing alpha male dominence behavior. Let's just say Harvey has clearly established his "top dog" position among my two black labs. Must be why they let him steal their kibble during feeding time so I can get really good with mouth/finger sweeps to get all those chocking hazards out.

Sometimes when he screams/cries when he's upset he gets our youngest dog howling, quite the ruckus. Luckily the dogs haven't chosen to imitate him when he runs around naked after his bath and pees on the carpet.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03