PDA

View Full Version : Sonia (martiesmom) isn't tonight the night

Marisa6826
04-26-2004, 07:10 PM
for your Dad to be on the Restaurant??

-m

papal
04-26-2004, 07:11 PM
Hey Marisa, maybe we can go to Rocco's for lunch!!!

Marisa6826
04-26-2004, 07:14 PM
Funny thing is that I've been dying to go there just to see if it's really that bad!

Jonathan refuses to go! ;)

Sounds like a plan to me!! :)

-m

lizajane
04-26-2004, 09:34 PM
she didn't remind me to watch and i talked to her on the phone this morning. but i am going to check just in case!!!!!

Marisa6826
04-26-2004, 11:59 PM
I watched, didn't see Sonia, her Dad or Martie. In fact, there was no reference to the CIA, although looooads of infighting and book signings ;)

Remind me why it is that I watched this show? That's an hour of my life I'll never get back :P

-m

papal
04-27-2004, 12:04 AM
Didn't you just want to kill that intern?

Marisa6826
04-27-2004, 09:57 AM
Good grief, yes!

What was UP with HIM?!

-m

MartiesMom2B
04-27-2004, 10:06 AM
No it wasn't on, and looking at the upcoming scenes it's not going to be on next 2 week either. My dad sent on e-mail suspecting that they'll want to end the show on a higher note, so that it'll probably be on later. My mom did see him speaking at the graduation on upcoming scenes.

Rocco really comes off as a jackass doesn't he? I'm glad my dad didn't win the competition and have to work there. However you do have wonder how much editing there is. He was really nice to us when there were NO cameras around.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Marisa6826
04-27-2004, 10:09 AM
Huh.

He really does seem like a jerk. But then that may be the magic of editing ;).

There's a big cover article in last week's New York Magazine about the whole thing between Rocco and Chowdorow.

NOT pretty.

-m

papal
04-27-2004, 10:10 AM
Yes, he seemed to be nice to everyone OTHER than the people who worked in his restaurant!!! what a jackass! i can totally understand why the financier guy is mad at him!!!

Bethann31
04-27-2004, 10:24 AM
If you are like me, it's because of the looooads of infighting and watching Rocco at the booksignings. This is the one "reality" show I love to watch. And yes, I wanted to kill that intern. I loved it when Jeffrey actually held up Rocco's firing and told him to go away.

Beth

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
and Katherine 6/03

Bethann31
04-27-2004, 10:32 AM
You know, I really think that alot of it has too be in the editing. Here is a guy who has his name on the marquee. He has his signature on the food. He has his mamma working in the kitchen. The only thing that I feel like he has NO idea about is running the dining room. I think Jeffrey should have insisted on helping out there in the beginning, because it is a whole new skill set than Rocco may possess. I feel sorry for him though. It seems like he just doesn't know how to deal with people who are a bit starstruck and backstabbing. I really think he is in over his head, and can't quite get out. And, for the record, I don't think Emeril or Wolfgang Puck or even Bobby Flay are in their restaurants continuously. Now, maybe when they first opened, but I really think Rocco thought he had surrounded himself with people he could trust and that turned out to not be true.

I don't know. It is interesting and often painful to watch.

Beth

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
and Katherine 6/03

amp
04-27-2004, 10:52 AM
Sonia - It's funny, but I've been saying for weeks, "gotta watch The Restaurant. Sonia and Martie and Sonia's dad might be on." So last night DH is about to watch the Alias we taped when a promo for The Restaurant comes on and he says, "Oh, we better watch, in case the baby is on." Too funny. "The baby." He knows what's important! We even watched the preview for next week and were surprised not to see anything that looked like the episode we're looking for.

Keep us posted!

MartiesMom2B
04-27-2004, 11:12 AM
Andrea that's too funny. I promise that I'll put out a big reminder if I think it'll come on the following week. Maybe we've been edited out. :(

Sonia

MartiesMom2B
04-27-2004, 11:15 AM
I do know that there is A LOT of editing done on this show. They told my dad that they tape over 100 hours of film for an hour show. I think you do have a point about the celebrity chefs you mentioned above. They are not going to be in their restaurants all the time. They need to market the restaurants so people will go. Rocco also is exec. chef at Union Pacific - which I'm told is an excellent restaurant.

Sonia

amp
04-27-2004, 11:17 AM
:-(

I hope not.

MartiesMom2B
04-27-2004, 11:22 AM
Oh and if by chance I am on the show. I swear I'm not one of those mommies who throw their children at celebrities. We had met him the night before and I was afraid that I had exposed my camera so I had DH take a pic with the digital. Martie wasn't too thrilled to see Rocco again. She was tired and wanted to nurse.

Sonia