PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Stroller Question

himom
04-27-2004, 05:05 AM
Sorry about the double post, but I need to decide on this by tomorrow morning. I finally found my BB copy but it doesn't mention this, and an internet search doesn't turn up anything with details.

Is it worth it to bid on this stroller? Any known issues? Anyone know what age it is meant for? DS is only one.

http://tinyurl.com/3ybnv

TIA!

Jodi
Mommy to Joshua, born February 2003

lmariana
04-27-2004, 09:22 AM
Jodi,

You wold probably get some good feedback on this in the Stroller forum. I'm not familiar with the brand. Are you looking for a true jogging stroller for running/jogging? Or just a more outdoors friendly stroller for walks?

The price sure is nice, but $70 for shipping sounds high. Maybe you can do a search and see if that brand has been mentioned?

Good luck!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

August Mom
04-27-2004, 09:23 AM
I've never heard of that brand. You could use a jogger for DS. Generally, manufacturers say 6 months+ for joggers. Lower end but decent quality joggers are made by InSTEP and can generally be purcahsed new for around $100 or a little more, if that helps.

american_mama
04-27-2004, 11:30 AM
Hi, I saw your post in the stroller forum, but am answering you here. I read a lot about strollers, but am not the big buyer that many are. I have never heard of this brand. The seller is in Hawaii, which has different stroller trends than the rest of the US (fewer brands, more Japanese brands). The shipping does sound reasonable to me. The one stroller I sold over ebay was sent to Hawaii and the shipping was very expensive, even more than this one.

It looks like a sling-style seat with a 5 point ahrness, whcih should be fine for a child your son's age. I notice that the stroller looks rather long to me with a small footrest. The description says the wheels have "13 inch rims" which is an odd description. How big are the actual tires? They look like 16 inch tires to me, fairly standard for a jogger. Serious joggers (not walkers) often get 20 inch tires. You can look at www.ajoggingstroller.com for great info. about all kinds of joggers - very useful for educating yourself and seeing if you like the InStep, SafeTech, or Schwinn joggers that are sold for a similar price as this one ($100-130). Sometimes Costco sells a Bell jogging stroller for a similar price.

I would say this sound like an OK deal to me, not great, not bad.

himom
04-27-2004, 04:45 PM
Thanks all!

I probably should have mentioned that I'm in Hawaii so I wouldn't have to pay shipping, so I can probably pull this off pretty cheaply.

I'm mostly worried about how safe it is, since I don't know if it will come with a manual, instructions, etc and I couldn't find anything online.

Jodi
Josh's Mom