PDA

View Full Version : Need help ASAP w/ wording for baby shower invitation

cchavez
04-28-2004, 11:39 AM
Long story short a friend and I planning on throwing a very informal baby shower for a very close friend. B/c of my other friends schedule we are planning this on very short notice. We are just going to do cake, punch and gifts and a coffee house (kind of like a starbucks) that is close to where I live. Anyway the shower is next Friday

We need to send out invites ASAP:

We are providing the cake and punch but we want to let people know that they can purchase coffee or tea drinks on their own. The owner of the coffee house has been nice enough to reserve her private room for us and set up a table for the cake.

How can we word the invitation? The shower will be from 4:30-6:00 and we are mostly inviting my friends' coworkers that are mostly teachers.....

TIA!!!!

Tondi G
04-28-2004, 11:57 AM
You might want to try a site called Verseit.com ... it is always helpful to me for wording invites! They have tons of possibilities on this site... go there NOW!

Mason's baby shower invite went something like this

Booties, Bottles, Diapers, Pins
This is where the fun begins!
Baby boy Mason is on the way
Help us celebrate before the big day!

Here are some samples from Verse it

They're expecting a baby,
a new bundle of joy;
a very special gift,
be it a girl or boy!

It's a Baby Shower for
NAME
DATE TIME

Given by:
NAME

OR

It's A
Baby Shower!

Bottles and booties, diapers and pins
this is where the love begins!

NAME
have a baby on the way
so we're throwing them a shower
before the big day.

DATE TIME
ADDRESS
NAME

I am sure you will find something you like on that site!!!! Good luck... Hope this helps you!

~Tondi and Mason 7/8/01

lag555
04-28-2004, 12:04 PM
That sounds a little tricky. Does the coffehouse sell cake as well? Because if they don't, you don't have to say anything at all. If they do, you can say something like "Cake will be provided free of charge".

Or you can write some sort of poem, like this:

When a friend is expecting
there’s so much to do
we can help with a shower
why don’t you come, too.

so come and relax,
buy a coffee or tea.
We’ll celebrate with (insert friend's name)
The cake will be free.

OK. That poem is a little pathetic, but you can fix it.

Aggie

cric
04-28-2004, 12:38 PM
I think that sounds good!

ppshah
04-28-2004, 12:45 PM
I don't think you need to specifically mention that on the invitation. Once the guests arrive- let them know that they're free to purchase drinks at their leisure.

I just threw a shower and the invitation was something like this:

Please join us for a Baby Shower to honor

NAME

April 10th at three o'clock

PLACE

Ssssh...it's a surprise!!!

R.S.V.P. HOST name
Contact info

I had bought food/drinks/cake but didn't put it on the invitation. You could also let them know when they RSVP

I just bought invites at kinkos and printed them on my home printer. They came out really cute!

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-28-2004, 02:06 PM
I LOVE the poem...but woudl change the word free...
I would say something like "made by me"...or anything other than "free" just my two cents...
YET in the same breathe I know you are trying to say that but I just think that is too "out there" for an invite...

I don't know I am no help...But I do think the poem cute
Maybe even a sweet note that say at the bottom "cake provided" or something...I don't know...

Sorry I shouldn't have posted as I type away here ...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

cchavez
04-28-2004, 02:11 PM
I am probably going to use this....it is cute! But say, the cake will be provided by me. :)

Thanks everyone!