~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~.

John Stevens is finally gone!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

JLiebCamm
04-28-2004, 10:21 PM
It's about time!!!!! I was out and TIVO'd the episode. When I walked in the door DH said, "You're not going to be happy..." so I was sure it was LaToya. Darn him, he tricked me!

Sarah1
04-28-2004, 10:58 PM
Y'know, ol' John had kind of grown on me. I have to admit, my eyes started to well up a bit when they rolled his little farewell package (my DH was having quite a few laughs while this was happening). Even though when he was bad, he was SO BAD, you have to admire a 16 year old with such a tremendous amount of composure.

But yes, it was the right thing!

I actually VOTED last night for the first time EVER...for LaToya... I think she's truly the most talented.

papal
04-28-2004, 11:00 PM
Even though I did not like his singing.. i am sad he is gone. He is so atypical of teenagers these days.. so poised, dignified and respectful. His parents did a marvelous job of raising a polite and decent son. I wish him Good Luck in all his future ventures!

I was secretly hoping Huff would go.

AND HOW BAD WERE THE PERFORMANCES LAST NITE??? Made me really respect Gloria Estefan.. she makes it look easy. I thought DIana's performance was the best last night.

deborah_r
04-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Thank you! Now I don't have to watch the 30 mintue commercial they do before they tell you who is gone!!!

Sarah1
04-28-2004, 11:07 PM
>AND HOW BAD WERE THE PERFORMANCES LAST NITE??? Made me really
>respect Gloria Estefan.. she makes it look easy.

TOTALLY. I was thinking the same thing!

But you already knew that, didn't you Rashmi :) hee hee

JLiebCamm
04-28-2004, 11:10 PM
Did you notice how teared up the rest of the group became? I think they all must genuinely like each other. I can't remember seeing that level of camraderie in the first two seasons.

papal
04-28-2004, 11:25 PM
Yes, except for evil LaToya who has her eyes on the prize the whole time!

lrucci
04-28-2004, 11:32 PM
I know that John had to go sooner or later, but I was rooting for him to do well since he's from my hometown. He just wasn't as strong as the others. I do agree, he is very atypical of a teenager and shows great composure on stage.

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

suribear
04-29-2004, 03:55 AM
I think John S. is very mature for his age, and he took quite a beating. I liked him at first, but only when he sang Sinatra-type songs. Just don't think he was right for AI, IMHO.

Kris

JLiebCamm
04-29-2004, 07:08 AM
I agree. I would probably buy a recording of him singing the standards, but I don't think his style meshed well with the type of competition that AI is.

trumansmom
04-29-2004, 10:22 AM
I completely agree with everything you said, except I LOVE George Huff! He's my favorite for his attitude and joy. I know he probably won't be around too much longer, but I really like him. And when he's on - he's ON!!

But he did kind of stink the past couple of weeks. Oh well...

Jeanne
Mom to Truman 11/29/01 and Eleanor 4/14/04

tina-t
04-29-2004, 11:28 AM
Rashmi, that's too funny. My dh thinks so too! He does not like her at all even though she does sing/perform well. She gives him the "heebee jeebees", whatever that is.

NEVE and TRISTAN
04-29-2004, 01:54 PM
I agree Simon was right he took this all "like a man" alot better than some of the guys who blow up at the judge...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

MartiesMom2B
04-29-2004, 02:02 PM
I'm glad John is gone, but I was thinking last night that American Idol, was just not his thing. I think he could make excellent records singing jazz or like Josh Grobman (is that is last name?). He's very talented and composed and I'm sure he'll go far. I just don't think that Pop music is his thing.

I wish AI would stop having them sing other people's songs. It's horrible. These songs were meant for Elton John and Gloria Estefan.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

proggoddess
04-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Lisa, you're from Buffalo? So am I! I went to Williamsville South, the crosstown rival of John Stevens' school. My church has pictures of him singing in the children's choir, and everyone has been voting for him (good performance or no).

Anyway, just wanted to wave to a fellow WNY'er. :)

On topic: I like LaToya the best. She seems to have the most performance experience and voice control. And I think she is gorgeous!

lrucci
04-30-2004, 12:26 AM
> I wish AI would stop having them sing other people's songs. It's
> horrible. These songs were meant for Elton John and Gloria
> Estefan.

ITA with you Sonia. It seems like the worst weeks have been when they were singing Elton and Gloria.

Lisa

lrucci
04-30-2004, 12:28 AM
Yes, I am a fellow WNY'er. I live in Virginia now. I grew up in West Seneca and still have family in Amherst and Tonawanda.

Lisa

brubeck
04-30-2004, 11:33 AM
Of course this week is big band and John would have been really good at that!