PDA

View Full Version : Quick Creative Help Needed: Shower Favors

hez
04-29-2004, 09:36 AM
Hi all,

There's a twins shower a week from Saturday for my friend Shannon who just had the babies last week. It was planned before all the emergencies, and it's still on! The twins are slowing gaining weight and making progress every day, BTW, and Shannon's home recuperating.

Her SIL and I finally connected this morning on what my contribution to the shower is, and it turns out I drew the party favors responsibility. Through the grapevine I've heard Shan wants them to have a picture of the twins incorporated since they're already here. I can probably get digital pics from her husband, and even get him to take something new if necessary.

Thoughts on a good way to do this? My first idea was little picture frames with wallet-size or smaller photos of the twins included. I don't know, though... So, I'm turning to you ladies for help! I said 'quick' because the shower's next week so I should probably get them done this weekend.

TIA!

Jen in Chicago
04-29-2004, 10:16 AM
Few ideas:
Using the napkin holders that you insert pictures into
Copy a picture onto vellum and roll it around a small votive candle, you could tape in on the back. Friends did this for a wedding reception
Insert pictures into the frame magnets for everyone's frig
At a wedding we attended last weekend they gave picture clips that are on a stand- I think they came from Pier One and they sell them at IKEA
What about place cards that include a picture?
A picture tied to a cookie cutter (baby/gingerbread man/heart)

This would not be a picture thing, but I plan on hosting a shower and I am going to make burp clothes to use as napkins, then people can take them or give them to the Mom (What I assume the non-Mom's will do.)

You could get small pictures and attach them with ribbon to napkins as napkin holders.

I have to admit, I am not much of a favor person. I like functional items that are cute and whimsy.

octmom
04-29-2004, 10:29 AM
I'm not really a big favor person either, but needed some for my SILs baby shower a few months ago. She is a candle person and I found out that Yankee Candle makes votives in baby powder scent. They are plain white. You could do as Jen suggested a copy a photo onto vellum, add the babies names and stats, and wrap it around the baby powder scented votive. The candles were inexpensive too. I think 18 for $20 or something like that.

My SIL was expecting a girl, so I tied them in pink tulle circles with white curling ribbon and attached a little poem I found online somewhere. It was pretty cute and she liked it. I'm not sure where I have the little poem, but I can look if you need me to. It said something about lighting the candle when the stork had made its flight, so I don't think it would really work in your case since the babies have arrived already.

HTH

Jerilyn
DS: Sean, 10/29/03

lag555
04-29-2004, 02:57 PM
Maybe a key chain that has a picture holder?

Aggie

Jen in Chicago
04-29-2004, 05:23 PM
Just remembered some other ideas:
Small violets from JoAnne's, you could attach a picture

Centerpieces- My in-laws at our rehearsal dinner attached pictures to tongue depressers and put them at the place settings and in the centerpieces. My nieces and nephews have been playing with them like they are puppets for years. They wrote our names and wedding date on them, you could do the same.

Christmas Ornaments- we were all given one at a shower I attended with a note saying along the lines of "Remember Baby _______ and his family when you are preparing for the season"- it is a treasured gift!