PDA

View Full Version : Playset/playground Safety

MartiesMom2B
04-30-2004, 08:49 AM
I know that there have been a lot of posts recently regarding home playsets/playgrounds. I just want to remind those who have them to insure the safety of your children by making sure that both the playset is safe and that there is more than adequate fall surfacing below.

A friend of mine's 6 year old nephew passed away this week after falling from the fort that was on top of his playset. This was a tragic freak accident according to the paramedics. I would never want any of us in our community to have grieve over their children.

Please see http://www.uni.edu/playground/tips.html for safety tips.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

Rachels
04-30-2004, 08:55 AM
Sonia, I'm so sorry for your friend and her family. How tragic.

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

houseof3boys
04-30-2004, 09:50 AM
That is so awful Sonia. I'm so sorry for your friend and their family.

Thank you for the website link. I've bookmarked it when Ryan starts playing on this kind of equipment.

bluej
04-30-2004, 10:20 AM
Sonia, I'm so sorry about your friend and her loss.

mharling
04-30-2004, 11:37 AM
How tragic! I'll be thinking about your friend too.

Thanks for the reminder and information.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

sweetbasil
04-30-2004, 01:32 PM
Thanks a bunch for the information, Sonia, and I'm so sad for the loss of that precious little boy. It's so easy to become lazy and let Kellen play by himself out there- what a wake-up call for us!

Sarah1
04-30-2004, 03:08 PM
Sonia,

Thank you for the reminder. It came at the perfect time, since we are looking to do some childproofing on our deck and possibly put some type of play equipment up there. I bookmarked the page and know I'll refer to it frequently.

I'm sorry as well about your friend's nephew. That's just terrible.