PDA

View Full Version : Which movie?

jojo2324
05-03-2004, 09:24 AM

MelissaTC
05-03-2004, 10:35 AM
We saw Kill Bill Vol. 2 yesterday and that was a lot of fun. But really helpful if you saw Kill Bill Vol. 1. If it were completely up to me, I would have dragged DH to see 13 Going on 30 or Mean Girls...LOL...But I ALWAYS pick the movie...so his turn...

khakismom
05-03-2004, 01:12 PM
I really want to see 13 going on 30, but had to vote for Mean Girls. I just read the review and it sounds awesome! Let us know what you end up seeing and of course, what you thought of it! :)

redhookmom
05-03-2004, 01:23 PM
Sadly I could not vote. I only recognize one selection as the name of a move. Havn't been to the movies in years. http://www.amitymama.com/vb/images/smilies/frown.gif

gour0
05-03-2004, 01:49 PM
Does this mean you actually get to go? I did! I saw 13 going on 30 last Sunday afternoon. I felt like I should feel silly picking that to see by myself, but then an 80-ish looking old woman sat by herself in my row and I felt validated. Sad but true. I thoroughly enjoyed the whole experience. Much better than Mona Lisa Smile in January which was the last matinee I managed to see.

jojo2324
05-03-2004, 01:54 PM
I hope we get to go!! It's all a matter of timing. We asked the sitter to come at 8, but now I'm thinking 7:30 would have been better. The theatre showing 13 Going on 30 is about 30 minutes away (show starts at 9), and we had planned on getting dessert first. Half an hour does NOT leave me enough time for dessert!!! :9 Then, the movie will get out too late to get dessert after...

June
05-03-2004, 02:31 PM
We went on a date night last weekend and saw 13 going on 30. It was pretty cute. Quite a few 13 year olds there. DH was a little out of place. I think the only reason he agreed to see it is becuase he thinks Jennifer Garner is hot. I want to see the mean girls movie, too. I'm looking forward to some good upcoming summer releases. It seems that nothing exciting has been out recently.

gour0
05-03-2004, 02:42 PM
maybe you could smuggle desert in with you?

brigmaman
05-03-2004, 04:26 PM
Just laughing first at your graphic and second because I haven't been to the movies in a long time either. I can't even remember the last movie I saw. My dh hates going. His last movie was Good Will Hunting!

jojo2324
05-03-2004, 05:53 PM
Well, looks like Mean Girls, but only because of timing. I might have to use my 12-year old sister as a guise to get into 13 Going on 30. (Wait, and I shouldn't for Mean Girls?!?!) :P

All I know is, I am SO THERE for Shrek 2. Watch, I'll be the crazy grown-up knocking over 5-year olds to get the best seat.

Loooooooooser!!

deenass
05-03-2004, 06:48 PM
We saw Mean Girls Sat night and it was HYSTERICAL! My husband was laughing out loud. I'm usually a sucker for teen angst movies so I was surprised when he suggested it but we both really enjoyed it!

jamsmu
05-03-2004, 08:30 PM
My parents LOVED Mean Girls last night! They saw it with another couple--imagine, 4 adults in their 50s. The men were saying, don't drag us to this... but my mom says my dad and his friend couldn't stop laughing the entire time. Dad even turned to mom and said, "was high school really like this?!?!" Mom said, "yes, and that's your daughter." Referring to my younger sister, not me! :)

lrucci
05-03-2004, 11:48 PM
I voted for Mean Girls. I heard it was really good from a variety of people. I'm not sure I could get dh to go see it, but I'd like to .

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03

jojo2324
05-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Went to see Mean Girls, and there were only 4 other people in the theatre. It wasn't too bad, but not as funny as I had anticipated. I kept thinking, "Oh, this is Can't Buy Me Love, or Heathers, or Sixteen Candles, or, or, or..." Everything is recycled nowadays.

But I did laugh at several parts, and it was just a treat to get out of the house. We could have watched an egg at that point! :D

momma_boo
05-04-2004, 11:48 AM
Joanne, I'm in awe that you actually SAW a movie.
Sigh. Perhaps DH and I will see some this summer.

I'll be clawing over you at Shrek 2, LOL!

I might be inclined to go see "Troy" (Brad Pitt AND Orlando Bloom - yummy eye candy for my poor starved eyes!)

I think I would have voted for 13 going on 30. DH and I are major Alias fans, so we would have gone to see Jennifer Garner.

Ok. Really getting off now. Must get some work done... since I'm at work!!!