PDA

View Full Version : BALD BABY ROLL CALL!!!!!!!

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-03-2004, 03:44 PM
So I should have made onesies that said "god created a few perfect heads and the rest he put hair on"...I'd be kidding myself for I love hair on babies...and curls, but we are bald so it would just be cute...

Anyway I think we are coming out of our baldness over here...all of a sudden out of no where we have some hair...

Whose bald!!!!...Tristan says "stand proud and unite" :)
I was bald as a child and have sooooo much hair. I don't know if Steve was bald but we both have tons of it!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

bluej
05-03-2004, 04:06 PM
Well Ryden isn't exactly bald, but he's lacking enough that we have frequent hair envy! Looks like it will be another summer of smearing sunscreen all over his head. I'll attach a picture (or two) so you can see what not-exactly-bald-but-doesn't-really-have-hair-either means (plus it's been awhile since I've shown of my cutie!).

llcoddington
05-03-2004, 04:12 PM
Lauren has a speck of hair, but I think she would qualify as bald! This is something I totally didn't expect- I had a massive amount of hair as a baby. I don't know about Dave (3rd child- no baby pictures taken of him :( ) I would post a picture but I don't know how. I've been trying to get Dave to write specific instructions for me on how to post pics.

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

brigmaman
05-03-2004, 04:18 PM
Brig's a bit older, but his hair really started to come in around 18 months. Before that, he was a true bald baby!!

mandye
05-03-2004, 04:56 PM
Hailey is starting to get some hair (she's about 8 months old). I get so jealous of mom's who can actually put something in their daughter's hair. But, I was talking to a mom with a baby who has hair the other day and she said, "Oh, it must be so nice to not have to do her hair every day!" Maybe I should be grateful.

Mandy
mom to Hailey 8/21/03

mommd
05-03-2004, 05:14 PM
Still bald here, but she's only 4 months old. I barely had hair until I was almost 2, so not really suprised she is bald. A little tired of people thinking she's a boy though!

redhookmom
05-03-2004, 05:17 PM
Grace is 20 months old and bald.

Melanie
05-03-2004, 05:19 PM
Aww...cute little heads. *I* was a bald baby and now I have tons of hair.

brubeck
05-03-2004, 05:30 PM
Jen I use Banana Boat Hair & Scalp spray. It's only SPF 15 but it is like hairspray (a liquid and smells the same too). It has to be re-applied a little more often but it is a LOT less messy than sunscreen on the head!

brubeck
05-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Well Amy is no longer bald but I wouldn't say that she had any serious amount of hair until age 2 or so. Even now if I do a pony tail or something I need to sunscreen her scalp where it is exposed because she doesn't have enough hair to really over it. Although the good news is that as of age 3 I can do a single ponytail! It took FOREVER!

Andrew has hair but it is very short and sparse at 16 months. You can still see large parts of his head so he qualifies as bald. It doesn't help that the hair is white blond so at a distance he looks even balder!

bluej
05-03-2004, 05:34 PM
Thanks for the tip Helen! I'll have to look for it. My other two loved hats and would wear them all day every day. Ryden will wear a hat maybe 60-70% of the time. Doesn't phase him if he has to choke himself with the string to pull it off, so even the Hanna floppy hats aren't a guarentee :(

lmintzer
05-03-2004, 06:07 PM
I've got 2 who were (are) bald! We call them our "peach-headed boys". : )
Jack was pretty darn peach-headed until he was almost 2. Even now, his hair is fine and there isn't all that much of it. Joshua is definitely a peach head too. He lost some of what he was born with as well.

Let me see if I can attach pix.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5333.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5335.jpg

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5336.jpg

C99
05-03-2004, 06:20 PM
I'm so glad that Nathaniel is a little boy because it seems more appropriate to have only wisps of hair when you are a boy. And that's about where we're at: wisps of hair. In photos, he looks bald because his hair is so pale blonde.

[img src="http://gallery.bilicki.com/albums/albun47/PP_frog.sized.jpg"]

jubilee
05-03-2004, 06:26 PM
Logan has very fine hair too. The little bit he does have is rather long so he kind of has a comb-over. I want to get it cut but hubby is against it.

My first son was the same way and now has thick hair, so I know it will come in eventually!

atlbaby
05-03-2004, 06:34 PM
Arielle was bald until about a year, but I'd say she had very little hair until close to two. And since it's curly, I think it always looks so short! We couldn't even be sure of her hair color until a year--it just looked "light", but unidentifiable! I'll get my ponytail or pig tails one day...

As for Daliya...she's bald as an eagle at 6 months. Since she seems to be following in her sister's footsteps I won't hold my breath for her first haircut. :)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
and Daliya Samantha, 10/27/03