PDA

View Full Version : What are you getting for YOUR mom and MIL?

jamsmu
05-03-2004, 09:02 PM
Any ideas? I'm surfing Red Envelope right now...

ideas so far for MIL (all from Red Envelope):
Pearl Heart Choker
Inspiration Bracelet
Gemstone Heart Bracelet

I also thought of a cute springy bag (she doesn't really have anything like this)

I'd love your ideas!!!

AND I have no idea what to do for my mom. She's the opposite of my MIL, pretty sophisticated and has everything she needs...

jec2
05-03-2004, 09:34 PM
Thank Goodness for Red Envelope. I was going to frame some photos we took on Easter but haven't gotten around to it and with me grading papers I doubted I'd have the chance the next couple of days.

Anyway short story long, I got the Peridot Horshoe Necklace. (Oi, and I just discovered I could have done Ebates :( I was at work when I ordered it).

My mom's birthstone is Peridot I believe. I said on the card that we were "lucky" to have her!

jd11365
05-03-2004, 09:57 PM
They had something called Pajama Gram on The View today...looks like a great idea!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

MinnieMouse
05-03-2004, 09:59 PM
I had Beth make door knob hangers with foam sticky shapes, and she "signed" their cards with crayons.

These are for MIL and stepMIL. My mom has been gone for 12 years now.

Even when I was growing up we always did Mom's day low key. Actually it usually involved a trip to the plant nursery to get mom's yearly fix of plants for the yard. I guess I sort of prefer it low key.

:-)

Christine

C99
05-03-2004, 10:04 PM
My mom: a hand-made card, a phone call. Maybe a corsage if I can rope my dad into picking one up.

My MIL: a hand-made card, organized a brunch with her 3 sons, their SOs and grandchildren. I also ordered a corsage for her (and for my SIL and for me), but I'm hitting my BIL up for the bill for that one.

Momof3Labs
05-03-2004, 11:24 PM
MIL - not my problem, leave that to DH (and usually it is just a late card and a phone call).

My mom - well, I'm hoping to give her an IOU for a photo tote bag, if Sandy talks them into giving us a good discount! Otherwise she's very hard to buy for, and will be out of town visiting my brother that weekend anyways. So I've got a little extra time since I don't have to give her gift until at least a week after Mother's Day!

flagger
05-03-2004, 11:25 PM
Nothing more than a card. This year is all about Ms. Flagger and nothing more. We love our parents, but to me this is totally my DW's weekend.

urquie
05-04-2004, 02:08 AM
neither of them need or want "stuff" so i try to get consumables or plants/flowers for most gift giving.

this year mil is getting a hanging fushia basket (from costco) and mom will get a planted stargazer lily (also from costco).

spu
05-04-2004, 09:43 AM
We're going on a picnic this year. No gifts, just yummies to eat and a nice woodsy place to hang out and relax.

susan

twin girls 7.20.02
charlotte + else

http://sunger2.home.comcast.net/bash/nonflash/year.html

Jen in Chicago
05-04-2004, 10:25 AM
Nana, Grandma and Great-Grandma are getting refrigerator photo frame magnet sets that I filled part of the collection with Jude pictures. They all have frig's full of pictures, and love new pictures.

There is a post on this that I did last week. I got the sets at Linen's In Things for $20 a set. I had digital picture printed that I cut to fit a variety of sized frames.

We also made trivets and coffee mugs with Jude's handprints at a Ceramic painting place.

amp
05-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Kind of redundant, but every year, my mom gets flowers. If we are visiting her, we go buy them. If not, I mail a giftcard from a nursery or Home Depot and she goes and picks stuff out.

MIL usually gets a vase of flowers sent to her via www.Proflowers.com or www.Hallmark.com. She has too much crap anyway, and we don't want to add to the clutter in any way!

lisaE
05-04-2004, 11:56 AM
Initially I was an idiot, volunteering to make brunch for us and both sets of folks. Hello? I must have forgotten that it's my first mother's day! So I revised it and now we are taking everyone out to lunch on Saturday. Aside from that, just cards.
My IL's are coming in from California. I'm sure we will be eating out all weekend long.

mandye
05-04-2004, 03:51 PM
We are doing group gifts for both.

For my mom we are going in on a screen door (exciting, I know).
For MIL we got the Family Tree from Hallmark and are putting pics of everyone on it. My mom got one for Christmas and they are really neat.

We are also hoping to make a "big announcement", but I have my doubts that that will happen.

Mandy
mom to Hailey 8/21/03

mamicka
05-04-2004, 04:09 PM
This picture, framed & a card. Maybe some flowers as well... not sure yet. (It doesn't look grainy IRL, just because of the resize.)

Allison

jamsmu
05-04-2004, 04:33 PM
good luck to you!!

ohiomom
05-04-2004, 10:55 PM
What a beautiful photo!
Nicole's Mom 7/30/03

MelissaTC
05-05-2004, 10:58 AM
Thanks for the ideas!

I ordered my Mom the gemstone heart bracelet from Red Envelope and MIL is getting a nice bouquet of multi-color roses from FTD...

mamicka
05-05-2004, 04:39 PM
Thanks!

Allison

lizamann
05-05-2004, 10:03 PM
I ordered my mom, grandma, and MIL Snapbooks of Nora's first year from Shutterfly.com. Her birthday is one week after Mother's Day, so the timing was pretty perfect for a "first year in review" gift. I tailored them slightly to the recipient, like matching the pictures with the right cousins to the right grandma. I hope they turn out nicely!