PDA

View Full Version : Who else haven't we 'seen' in a little while?

mharling
05-03-2004, 09:20 PM
Just this past weekend, I was thinking about Mary (elvisfan), Rachel (atlbaby), Shira (???) and Candy (candybomiller).

Mary & Rachel - It's great to see you!!!

Who else hasn't been around (or at least not visibly around) in a little while?

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

LD92599
05-03-2004, 11:08 PM
Shira lives across the street from my best friend...i think of her every time I go past her home !!! I oughta ring the bell next time LOL!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

atlbaby
05-03-2004, 11:39 PM
Thanks, Mary! It really is nice to be remembered!!

I speak to Shira often, and her DD Amira and Arielle have lots of playdates. I don't think she's checked out the boards in a while though. But I'll tell her she's been missed!:)

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle Jill, 10/30/01
and Daliya Samantha, 10/27/03

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-04-2004, 12:06 AM
it is glad to have you back...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

mharling
05-04-2004, 12:20 AM
I remember you and Shira because you were avid posters when I first joined. I remember seeing pics you posted one time when you got together and remember thinking how cool it was that people from here would meet up IRL. How are things going with 2?

Mary & Lane 4/6/03

LD92599
05-04-2004, 08:20 AM
Rachel:

It is great seeing you back on the boards! I thought of both you and Shira a few days ago when I was w/ my friend at her house...she mentioned she had just seem Shira head out on a walk! I was hoping to bump into her, but didn't! Please tell her I said hi!

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

amp
05-04-2004, 11:16 AM
Rachel - It is great to have you back and to see the familiar face of Arielle in your avatar! Stick around and pop in when you can!

atlbaby
05-04-2004, 11:17 AM
Thanks, Neve!:) It's good to be back.

-Rachel

cara1
05-04-2004, 11:24 AM
Yes, I've been wondering about you too, Rachel. Can we see pictures of the new one. I've also been meaning to ask you something. What did you end up doing last Fall when you were looking for undershirts for Arielle. I think DS is out of the onesie-stage, and I don't know what to put him in next fall...

atlbaby
05-04-2004, 11:27 AM
Andrea, Laura, Cara, and Mary,

Thanks for the welcome back! I'm sitting here trying to figure out how to update my Avatar, but silly me can't figure out if I have any camera software on my computer! I basically upload my photos and use Shutterfly, but have no clue how to shrink them. :( Anyone have any ideas how to do it from Shutterfly?

And Cara, I got Arielle the Carters undershirts (size 2/3) from Buy Buy Baby...but I think they're only for girls. (I'm sure they have a similar one for boys though). And Gerber makes onesies also, but they are still huge on Arielle 6 months later! They were fine for sleeping, though. How are you doing? :)

-Rachel

mharling
05-04-2004, 11:45 AM
Rachel -
Feel free to e-mail a picture to me and I can crop/resize it for you.
Send to mctubbs at hotmail dot com.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03

mary b
05-04-2004, 02:00 PM
Hi Rachel! Great to hear from you. I was wondering where you have gone.. How are the girls? Isn't it craziness with 2? Are they still sharing a room?

Mine are and it's been a little rough. It's getting better but Lindsey still isn't sleeping through the nite.. Any words of wisdom?

What are you doing for their birthdays this year? I am trying to figure out if I can do a combo 1/3 year even though Lindsey needs NOTHING!

Take care and glad you are back.
Mary
Mom to Noelle and Lindsey

atlbaby
05-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Hi Mary!
Yeah, it sure is craziness with two kids (which I assume is apparent by my absence---no time!) We had a rough bit until 3 months, but since then everything has calmed down...with Daliya. Arielle, on the other hand, is just being 2! :)

I'm sorry Lindsey isn't sleeping well--does she use a paci? That's Daliya's lifesaver. Does she wake up Noelle when she wakes in the middle of the night? After Daliya outgrew the bassinet in our room, I actually decided to keep her out of Arielle's room, because I was worried that one would wake up the other in the morning. So I sleep Daliya in a PNP in the living room (or playroom, lol) and put her in the portacrib in Arielle's room for her morning and early evening nap. Her afternoon nap is in the PNP because Arielle is sleeping in her room. So basically, once I put the girls to bed at 8:30ish, I have to tiptoe around the apartment because there are no rooms without sleeping children--besides our bedroom! I do admit that we'll watch tv in the LR sometimes--in the dark. I feel bad about it, but Daliya never wakes up. So DH told me that Daliya's first sound is going to be "Duh-Duh" (the sound from L&O). LOL! But we're moving in less than 2 months so Daliya can get her own room then. My next task is to get Arielle out of her crib--have you done that yet? I'm petrified Arielle will never sleep again...

I'm going to try and do joint birthday parties for as long as I can! Especially since we're moving away from all 4 grandparents, I think it will be nice to have a joint party so they can attend both at once (easier for us, that's for sure!)

How does Noelle deal with Lindsey's mobility? Maureen was telling me that Kathleen doesn't seem bothered by Ellen's crawling so that gave me some hope! Right now Daliya doesn't move at all (she skipped rolling and went straight to sitting). And she has always hated being on her tummy so I'm not sure if she'll ever crawl!

Sorry this got so long...I'm hoping you get a full nights' sleep very soon!

-Rachel

brubeck
05-04-2004, 05:02 PM
Rachel just let me join the chorus in welcoming you back! It's great to see you on the boards again! :)

todzwife
05-04-2004, 05:07 PM
Rachel I have been thinking about you!!!!! So good to see you back!

atlbaby
05-04-2004, 07:28 PM
Thanks, Helen. It's about time, right?;)

And Shandelle, I've been missing you! How is Dallin? And how are you doing? I can't believe our little ones are getting so big!!:)

-Rachel

mary b
05-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Hi Rachel,
It really is great to "talk" with you again. Yeah, I think most of Lindsey's sleep problems are becuase they are in the same room.. Althoug, Noe has gotten much better about being able to sleep through a tornado! LOL!

DOn't get me wrong, things are much better and she is typically only getting up once for a quick feed, but I know if they weren't in the same room, I would have let her CIO by now, however painful that is! That's a great idea about keeping them in different rooms. Our hous is a cape cod with 2 bedrooms up and 2 down and virtually no hallway space, so our alternatives were sli!

Glad the girls are doing great now, I agree with you, those first 3 months were rough!!!

I wouldn't worry about Arielle in the big bed, Noe did great and really suprised me! I was scard to death. We did it when her best buddy got his big bed and we talked about it alot. Maybee you can incorporate it when you move! Where are you moving to?

The mobility issue is pretty funny. Noe generally is fine but now that Lindsey can get to her toys, Noe is constantly throwing Lindsey's toys at her so she can have "her" toys..

I am really excited at this stage right now. They are so much fun! Can you tell yet if Daliya is going to be oposite of Arielle? I pretty much think L is going to be the opposite but I am anxious to see!
Take care and I am so glad you're back!
Mary

mharling
05-04-2004, 11:32 PM
Testing Rachel's avatar pic....

ETA: Rachel, Give this one a shot and let me know what you think.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03