PDA

View Full Version : Is this ok as a first birthday gift? Signing Times Users esp.

rrosen
05-03-2004, 10:13 PM
I am thinking about buying a friend's child the Signing Times gift set (3 DVD's and music cd) for her first birthday. We love the set and are enjoying teaching sign language to dd. But, my concern is that this might not be something everyone would appreciate. Would it appear that I am pushing something on them? They are exposing their dd to everything. She is already a world traveller. She has lived in two different countries (New Zealand and now Great Britain) in her short life so I know they are "open" to new things.

What do people think?

Rebecca

JElaineB
05-03-2004, 10:34 PM
Based on the way you describe them I think it would be a very thoughtful gift! Maybe include a note saying how much you enjoy it with your own DD, so you thought they would really enjoy it too. It's a very generous gift!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

gour0
05-03-2004, 10:58 PM
I agree. That would be a completely thoughtful gift. I think their child will really love it.

jubilee
05-04-2004, 12:00 AM
WOW! That sounds like a wonderful gift!

COElizabeth
05-04-2004, 12:12 AM
I think it's a great gift. My niece and nephew, who are 2.5 and 6, enjoyed watching one of the videos at my house a couple of months ago, even though they (especially the older one) don't need to sign to communicate.

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04