PDA

View Full Version : Time to play...Name That Illness!!!

deborah_r
05-03-2004, 10:41 PM
I've been feeling sick since Friday. I haven't been taking it that seriously because DH keeps saying "It's allergies. I feel like crap too." (Which is a whole other bitching post altogether - why can't I ever be sick by myself? He always chimes in with some ailment or another...really irks me.) So early last week the weather was ridiculously hot here, hence things are blooming, so allergies are probable for me. Then on Thursday it cooled down a lot, and was kind of damp. I started feeling a little strange on Thursday. Friday I got hit with a sore throat, stuffy nose, and an all over body ache, and headache. Have pretty much had some version of all of that since then. The throat has gotten much worse to where it feels like it is burning sometimes, and it hurts to talk today and I don't have my full voice. Also started coughing up nasty phlegm (sp?) today.

Anyone want to venture a guess?

Edit: Forgot to add the weather got insanely hot again on Saturday and still is. Kai and I have not left the house since Saturday :( I just can't bear to go out feeling like this. And all I've been taking is an occasional Motrin IB to dull the various pains - I didn't have the energy to figure out what I could take while BFing and go out and buy it!

And one of the posts below reminded me I was also nauseaous on Friday. Weird stuff.

stella
05-03-2004, 10:47 PM
I'm guessing strep throat. I had it about a month ago and I wanted to die. It is the worst I have felt since I had mono in 10th grade.

Often it can make you throw up - or cough up nasty stuff - it's not really like a cold, but the body ache and bad, bad, bad sore throat sound like strep to me.

So sorry you're feeling bad. I hope you'll be up and around soon - (although if it is strep, you'll need an antibiotic before you'll beat it!)

mom2kandj
05-03-2004, 11:32 PM
I had the same symptoms without strep! YUCK! Let's just say that on day nine now, I'm just starting to really get back into my groove. FWIW, I saw my doc on day four and she said I'd make the turn on day five. I did make an improvement on day five, but it was really like day seven that I was closer to running at normal speed. It did improve when I switched to an ibuprofen(anti-inflammatory) based cold medicine and nose drops. I had previously been using an acetomeniphen(sp?) based cold med and it wasn't doing anything for the sore throat which felt horribly raw. Hope you talk less, get rest and feel better!

Rose
mom 2 Katie 12/02/00
& Jack 04/16/02

deborah_r
05-04-2004, 12:34 AM
Oh boy, I hope it isn't strep. I guess if I'm not better by tomorrow or Wednesday, I will go to the doctor. I'm thinking maybe I have what Rose had, since we live in the same basic area!