PDA

View Full Version : Leela conquers the city!! :)

papal
05-04-2004, 12:05 PM
We are baaaaaack!!!

We had a FABULOUS time but we are glad to be back home!
Leela had such a great time... we ate at tons of fabulous places.. gosh.. if i lived in NYC, i would be BROKE.. i would eat out EVERYDAY!!! I am just drooling, thinking about all the yummy food we ate.

I was carrying Leela in the Maya wrap (THANKS CINDY!!).. and so many people stopped us on the streets and subways, asking about Leela and the wrap. She obliged everyone with a smile and a 'shake hands!'. NYC with a baby is a whole different city.. people were so warm and friendly. The last few times we were there, sans baby, nobody made eye-contact! heehee.

We stayed out late a couple of nights.. i felt really bad for Leela, because her bed-time is usually 7.00ish. She was so tired.. she even napped in the sling. NONE of the restaurants we ate at had high-chairs... so i could not show-off Cindy's beautiful BuggyBag! Where do the babies in Manhattan sit??? I had to carry her in the hip -carry while eating....she did not want to sit in the stroller (in the few places that allowed strollers), because she could not see us from her low-height.
Her tiredness coupled with the wine I was drinking must have affected her a lot, because she actually slept fora good 10 hours CONTINUOUSLY for a couple of nights!!! Can you believe it???

I could not believe that Bugaboos are as common as the Gracos are where we live... seriously, every second stroller was a frog.. and the other ones were Maclarens... i saw this one guy even carrying all his shopping in his beautiful Bugaboo<gasp>..and there was no sign of a baby.

Oh, the best part of it all.. I met one of my very best friends and her husband for dinner on Saturday night... and they are pregnant and due in October!!! This was SO SO SO great because she had lost a baby last year. She was due around the same time as me and we were SO EXCITED about that (i have known her since high school). When they lost the baby.. i kinda lost touch with her since she would really hurt when she heard about Leela... so now, we are back in communication.. it is awesome!!

There is so much more I could write.. but i have a TON of laundry to do, and i have to clean up etc etc etc...

What did I miss people? Comcast is acting up.. so my connection is super slow... did Eri have the baby???

bluej
05-04-2004, 12:20 PM
Welcome home Rashmi! Glad you had a fabulous time! Sounds like NYC was smitten with Leela!

votre_ami03
05-04-2004, 12:22 PM
Erik is here, Eri had her son. There is a post about the bean sprouting & she went on her own! Yay!

Sounds like you all had a great time. Welcome back.

10 hours of straight sleep, I think I need to go to NY. :)

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

TaChapm
05-04-2004, 12:40 PM
Welcome Back! Sounds like a great trip! I would love to take a trip to New York. I'm glad you all had such a great time.
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

jbowman
05-04-2004, 01:14 PM
Glad that you had a fun time! The restaurants there are the best! When we were in NYC a month ago, DH kept pointing out all of the Maclarens!

jec2
05-04-2004, 02:49 PM
Oh, we were thinking of you and hoping that the NYC trip was fun for you all. Glad to hear it went well! We missed you and are happy you are all back safe and sound :)

Sarah1
05-04-2004, 03:13 PM
Welcome back, Rashmi! Sounds like you had a really great time and Leela was a star. I'm just relieved you'll be back to discuss the all-important upcoming American Idol and Bachelor episodes!

Btw--I got an update from my friend who moved to Hyderabad--all is well. They recovered from the trip over and their baby is back on a good sleeping schedule. The best thing is that they have two servants who speak English! She went on about how one of them makes her tea every day at 4:00.

amp
05-04-2004, 03:17 PM
Yep, Beanwatch ended on Thurday, when Eri went gave birth without having to be induced. There is a thread about how the bean "sprouted" in the Lounge! He is gorgeous!

Muskiesusan also gave birth and that's in my thread on "speaking of due babies".

Jamie posted gorgeous pics of kayla at her birthday party.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Welcome back to you & Leela! I am still behind on my editing of photos for the collage lesson. Better get to it so I'll be ready when you are for the next step!

toomanystrollers
05-04-2004, 03:24 PM
Sounds like you had a great time :) - especially stroller watching LOL

papal
05-04-2004, 03:29 PM
Tea at 4.0p after a 2 hour siesta... aaahhh... it is the simple things that I miss. I have to make my own wretched tea-bag tea.. it just is not the same.

I am glad to be back.. i missed all of you! I was telling my sister about the boards and she stopped short of telling me I was a raving lunatic!! She thinks that my online friends must all be psycho killers in disguise... she was SO surprised when I told her that Marisa offered to lend me her Pack n Play. The jaded New Yorker that she is... she said that she did not know such kind people existed anymore!! And when I told her that Marisa is pregnant and has a toddler.. she almost fell over... and then she proceeded to lecture me for asking a pregnant mom to make the trip all the way to NYC for the PnP. I feel we are from different worlds or something! heehee.
Oh, and she and her dh don't really watch the telly as much as I do (except for Masterpiece theatre on PBS).. so I could not gossip about Bachelor, AI or Survivor with her... can you imagine??
It was hard not checking into the Boards or not watching TV for 4 days!! :)

papal
05-04-2004, 03:31 PM
I finally got to see little Erik's pictures.. he is GORGEOUS!! Looks a lot like his mama, i thought.
Ooooh... i missed Kayla's birthday pics!! I must go back and check...Jamie had that cute dress with the baloons and cake on it, didn't she?

I will type up the Making the Collage-Lesson 2, tommorrow. I have to go back to the Lesson 1 thread and see what is going on there! :)

papal
05-04-2004, 03:36 PM
Oooh Pam.. i was thinking of you when i saw all those Bugaboos! It is so amazing.. around 11am everyday, all the nannies come out from all the buildings with their charges in strollers... and off they all go for a stroll around the city! I was just ogling at all the lovely Bugaboos and Maclarens... those Bugs are adorable!!! They were invading Central Park in all sorts of yummy colors. My sister (who has no kids yet) was intrigued at how I was recognizing strollers..and SHOCKED at the sticker price! :)

llcoddington
05-04-2004, 03:39 PM
Hmmm...Maybe I will have to drink some wine tonight and see if Lauren exceeds her 4 hour at a time sleeping max. We are going to NYC this summer so maybe she will also sleep 10 hours in row then!

Glad you had fun! I love NYC but haven't been in a couple of years. Should be a new experience with Lauren this summer! As curious as she is about everything, I think the city will give her plenty to look at! Maybe that's why Leela slept so much- overstimulated by all the sights and sounds!

I don't think I am making any sense- tired today. Just wanted to say I am glad you had a good time and enjoyed the food!

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

mharling
05-04-2004, 03:49 PM
Welcome back Rashmi!!! 4 days without tv or internet sounds tough, but I bet it did refresh you!!!

Did you CD while you were gone?

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

papal
05-04-2004, 04:02 PM
No Mary... we used dispies.. my sister has a w/d in the basement of her apartment building..not the apartment itself.. so i thought it would be a bit difficult to CD there.

I must say... those dispies are SO TRIM!!!! When we came back and put her in a prefold.. we just stood there staring at her bubble butt.... i wish i could get an entire Elbee stash!!

papal
05-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Lana, i just read your post... sorry you are feeling so tired. Did you go get your blood tested like all the posters suggested? I am tired but not as tired as you described... that does not sound like a normal-mom-tired to me

I think it was the overstimulation and the shortened day naps that increased her night sleep... the wine just kind of mellowed her so we did not have a hysterical meltdown (like we normally do when she misses her day-naps!). I am not sure, but we are opening a bottle tonight!!!! I just had half a glass, so don't think i am going crazy here people!! heehee.

jamsmu
05-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Hey Rashmi,

I've been thinking about you all day and wondering when I'd have time to hear about the big trip. Sounds like a wonderful one! Welcome home!!

babymama
05-04-2004, 04:55 PM
Hello Rashmi!!!
Oh, I'm so happy for you and Leela that you had a great trip. Your message about the bubble butt just gave me a great big laugh! I really missed your contributions to this board while you were gone.
Take care,
Lydia
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

khakismom
05-04-2004, 05:10 PM
Rashmi, so great to have you and Leela back on the boards--where you belong!! Even better that you had such a wonderful time! :)

hez
05-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Welcome back! So nice to see your friendly 'face' around!

mharling
05-04-2004, 11:53 PM
I was thinking it would have been difficult for you, but I was ready to be impressed if you did!!! :)

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]