PDA

View Full Version : So.... what did you get/do for Mother's Day?

candybomiller
05-09-2004, 02:01 PM
Just thought this would be a fun thread.

candybomiller
05-09-2004, 02:03 PM
I guess I'll go first.

I got yummy french toast for breakfast made by dh with a little help from ds :) and dinner tonight too (whatever I want.... hmmm....)

DH got me a new car seat to match my minivan (yes, I am insane) and I just ordered a new diaper bag that is from ds.

I think we're all going to go for a stroll down to the park and have a nice relaxing day.

Rachels
05-09-2004, 02:04 PM
Clay taught Abigail to say, "Happy Mother's Day." He transferred all her video for me so that we can actually WATCH it now, and he had Abby bring me roses. Today we went out for a lovely brunch, and then he got me a ring to wear for her. I've wanted a mother's ring for a long time but I hate the look of the standard ones, so I just wanted to find something else that I could wear in her honor. This one has a beautiful curved band that loops through a heart. It's hard to describe, but very pretty.

Well done, DH! :D

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

ppshah
05-09-2004, 02:12 PM
Well I got chocolate chip pancakes, mimosa, and fruit parfait for breakfast.

A gift certificate to the spa :)

And at the daycare DS made me a little tote with painted handprints on it! ( I love this daycare - they do so many wonderful projects with the kids! )

Now my boys are sleeping. DH had to work last night and I have to work tonight. Hopefully we will squeeze a fun outing in sometime today.

Happy Mother's DAy to everyone!!!

kathsmom
05-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Since DS has had some asthma type symptoms, we didn't really want to go out for lunch, so DH made lunch for me at home. We had steaks, baked potato, salad, and Sister Schubert's rolls (love those rolls! :) ).

Andrew and DH gave me a beautiful double silver picture frame. Katherine picked out a cross charm to add to my charm bracelet. My FIL sent a check and told me to spend it on myself, so I used some of it to order the face cleanser I use since I am almost out.

We are going on a drive after Andrew wakes up from his nap.

Happy Mother's Day to you all!

drsweetie
05-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Do: 5 loads of laundry, make 3 meals for DH and myself, feed DD as needed, go to the grocery store with DD in tow, listen to DD wail for 20 minutes as she refused to nap, run and empty the dishwasher, supervise DD all afternoon as DH tended to his garden, give DD a bath.

Get: Not a damn thing. Not even a "Happy Mother's Day" from DH.

Edited to add a few household chores and clarify the following: DH and I have not been fighting. He just plain forgot about Mother's Day. This is fairly typical behavior for him, so I let it go until the evening when he said, and this is a direct quote, "I forgot it was Mother's Day! I need to remember to wish my mom a Happy Mother's Day when I talk to her on the phone!" and that was the end of the subject. As we were getting ready for bed, he said "I feel bad that I didn't do more for you for Mother's Day", and that was the end of THAT subject. It's not like I WANTED anything, but even just a "Happy Mother's Day" from him would have been nice.

JLiebCamm
05-09-2004, 02:48 PM
Sorry to hear that! Things aren't much better around here, mainly due to a big fight between DH and his mom yesterday. It zapped his mood and took the fun out of the day. Oh well.

gour0
05-09-2004, 02:49 PM
I'm so sorry. I got flowers and a card that I now want to shove down his throat, and I'm trying to decide if I want to return home sometime before Ben's bedtime tonight. It's not Ben's fault his dad is such a *****. Sorry everyone. I should skulk over to the Bitching Forum.

billysmommy
05-09-2004, 03:06 PM
I got to sleep in this morning, although wouldn't this be the one morning that Billy decides to sleep in too so he and DH got up at 7:00 and then I woke up but laid in bed and read a book for an hour :)
DH made omelettes for breakfast and he picked out great cards from himself and Billy and BIlly made me a card in daycare, it's great :)

Later today, once the rain stops, DH is taking me to the nursery near our house to pick out a plant, I'm thinking an orange or yellow azalea. Right now we are putting in a front walk, DH is out getting stone dust now and when he gets home we will work on putting that down and then laying the bricks.

Tonight I get to pick what's for dinner and I think I'm going with fried clams :) There's a great little place near us where they are excellent and it's not something I usually get but they sound really good today :)

Happy Mother's Day everyone :)

bluej
05-09-2004, 03:31 PM
DH isn't here, but he said he sent me something that should arrive tomorrow. I'm scared. He rarely buys me a gift himself and he certainly never does it w/o a list from me! Since I wasn't expecting anything from him I had ordered a WW bag, which appropriately arrived yesterday :) My kids have been incredibly well behaved today! Not one single little squabble has occured (of course, it's only 1:30). Later on this afternoon we are going over to a friend's house to grill out.

For those of you upset with your DH's, I bet they can't top this one (if they can I'm VERY sorry!). Two years ago Mother's Day came and went. No gift, no dinner out, no dinner cooked for me, nothing. I said something to DH and his response....'You're not MY mother.' Yeah, you can imagine the reaction that got! Especially since I sent HIS mother and grandmothers gifts and they sure as hell aren't MY mother!

nohomama
05-09-2004, 03:48 PM
Our day is very low key out of necessity. Packers arrive tomorrow to pack up our house for our move to MN. Dan and I are busily running around doing last minute things before the movers descend. Upon waking this morning though, I got several very lovely water color paintings from Lola and a homemade card from Dan. In addition, I got "Happy Mother's Day, Mama" shouted at me very enthusiastically by Lola.

I'd rather not have to deal with moving crap on Mother's Day and I would have loved to have gone out for breakfast or brunch (food is one of the well trodden ways to my heart) but I am quite pleased with my gifts. They exude love and pack easily :) .

aliceinwonderland
05-09-2004, 04:10 PM
We went to our favorite breakfast place (45 min. drive away) and Erik was SO well behaved for FOUR hours (as we waited in line, ate, and got back)...DH got me two cards and a gift, which i don't get till tonight...I told him no expensive gifts, as we're saving for our Europe trip this summer :) :)

JMarie
05-09-2004, 05:12 PM
Last night we had the ILs over for dinner and then they offered to watch Aidan so we could catch a movie. We went and saw "Man on Fire" and grabbed dessert at a favorite hole-in-the-wall. It was nice to have a date again!

DH went out for Starbucks early this morning and let me get up with Aidan (since I work early every day, I actually don't get to spend my mornings with the little guy. Besides, 7:30 IS sleeping in for me!). He came back with a gorgeous bouquet of roses, two cards - one from him and one from Aidan, and DVD sets of two of my favorite shows. Aidan picked out his own card which was very large. We just went and picked up take-out from one of my favorite restaurants and had a nice early dinner. Now we're back to cleaning the condo - I told DH all I really wanted for Mother's Day was a clean house!

Jennifer
Mom to Aidan Christopher
01/28/03

hez
05-09-2004, 05:31 PM
When I got downstairs this morning, there was a basket of perennials, a box of chocolates, my favorite snack food and a lighthouse for my collection waiting for me... Oh, and a card that Jim had held Payton's hand to sign-- SO cute. I had just been complaining yesterday that there was nothing in the house that I wanted to snack on and that I was in the mood for chocolate. He actually listened! I also received a framed handprint the sitter did with Payton last week. Melts my heart.

When we got home from church we slathered on the sunscreen and the three of us took a 1 1/2 hour walk around the lake we live near. I have a nice stripe on my shoulder where I missed with the sunscreen, so it's definitely that time of year again :) All in all it's been a really nice day.

sweetbasil
05-09-2004, 05:36 PM
We went to MIL/FILs' house for brunch yesterday, to my parents' for dinner last night, and DH and our boys and I went out to lunch today at a local Italian restaurant we'd never tried before- yummy! And they gave me a lovely pearl illusion necklace from Red Envelope.

I couldn't have asked for more than time with my boys today, and hope you all have had a very wonderful day!

Hugs,

jbowman
05-09-2004, 05:47 PM
DH gave me a Kate Spade "brag book." It was his idea! I think he saw it in the Weekend Journal a few weeks ago and thought it looked cool!

As nice as that is, Ellie gave me the greatest gift of all: first she took a short 1/2 hour nap and then a 3-hour marathon nap! It was great (she never naps this long)! I updated Ellie's baby books and DH showed me how to download pics from our digital camera.

Then the three of us went to lunch! Fun day--I still plan to go on a walk!

Marisa6826
05-09-2004, 05:57 PM
Hmmm. Not much, but some of that has to do with the fact that Jonathan was unexpectedly home Thursday and Friday due to my OB's instructions to lay low.

No cards, no present. He did toast me some Eggo waffles for breakfast.

I slept most of the day, and just put on a big pot of homemade red sauce. Going to make baked ziti with sausage and have big plans to watch Survivor tonight.

Good thing Sopranos is "on demand" tomorrow, otherwise there would have been some serious arguing here tonight ;).

On a high note, I was able to speak to my brother who is living/working in Saudi Arabia. I miss him terribly and talked to him (on my dime) for quite a while. That's a perfect present as far as I'm concerned.

-m

smilequeen
05-09-2004, 06:33 PM
I got this surprise
http://pic3.picturetrail.com/VOL17/579020/2085651/53193648.jpg

We went to lunch and a movie :)

I love my husband :)

LD92599
05-09-2004, 08:35 PM
Let's see..does the entire weekend count? My mom ordered DH and myself to go to the movies last night..however, we never liked going to the movies on Saturday nights, so we opted for dinner instead. Afterwards, went to the mall, splurged on Clinique, Victoria's Secret and a few new pairs of summer sneakers for me.

This morning...breakfast at a diner followed by grocery shopping. Had my mom, FIL, GFIL and sis over for a BBQ..got everything ready this morning, put all the food out..and promptly spent dinner and dessert upstairs on the floor...just knowing I was going to be sick shortly..and was. Oh well, looks like i can now have strawberry shortcake for breakfast tomorrow!

I did get a card from DH and one from DS..loaded w/ scratch off lottery tickets. I also have 2 WW totes on order..so i am considering those my "gift" along w/ the shopping yesterday.

I just hope I feel better for the rest of the evening.

Laura
mom to William

http://homepage.mac.com/ld14m

jmofarrill
05-09-2004, 08:45 PM
My parents, grandmother, and my best friend and her husband were in town visiting for Anwyn's first birthday party yesterday. This morning we all met up for breakfast before they all left to return home.

John told me Happy Mother's Day this morning, but no card or gift. He did watch Anwyn while I took a long nap this afternoon . :) He mentioned wanting to take me out to eat for dinner, but since we've been waiting on his parents to come trade cars with us for the past 5 hours, we'll probably end up going out Wednesday night instead. I'm a little disappointed, but with all the gifts Anwyn received yesterday, it feels like my motherhood has already been quite acknowledged.

C99
05-09-2004, 08:47 PM
Well, I have the best husband ever! He went out of town last year on Mother's Day and he really made up for it this year.

He got up this morning with Nathaniel and let me sleep in as long as I wanted (which was about 9). Then he had Nate give me a card, and also gave me a card from him. we all went out to brunch with my MIL, BILs, SIL, nieces, etc. It was nice because we were sitting on the end with Nate between us and even though we were there with 7 other people, it was like the 3 of us in conversation.

Then my MIL watched Nate for an hour or so while J. and ran to get gardening supplies. And then we all sat around on the front porch, talking and drinking iced tea.

And then I made dinner and put Nathaniel to bed while J. cleaned up the kitchen from dinner. And J. told me that something from my Amazon wishlist should be arriving sometime this week, too. He also told me that I was a great mom, sexy mom, etc. like a million times today. :)

It was a great day.

ETA: And he took care of Nate almost all day yesterday, too, since I had a gardening class in the morning, a baby shower in the afternoon, and a babysitting swap gig in the evening. It was nice to have him get a better appreciation for what I do all day. :)

Kimberly H
05-09-2004, 08:58 PM
hmmm...this is our first Mother's Day with our daughter (boys are from marriage #1) and I spent all day yesterday making his mother a scrapbook to give to her today as a joint Mother's Day/baptism gift because she's Mia's godmother too.

This morning as we were getting ready for church - I was getting everyone ready, he just gets himself ready - I said "oh and Happy Mother's Day, Kimberly. DH looks at me and said "you're not my mother and you always tell me that." Yes, but this time your daughter is too little do anything for me herself so YOU'RE supposed to do it. AAARRRGGGHHH

I haven't said a thing because I think he's seriously clueless and I don't want to ruin the day but my feelings are hurt :/

sbjf
05-09-2004, 09:29 PM
My dh gave me a beautiful card and flower arrangement! Then he took me to a Mother's Day Brunch today :-) I was surprised with these treats since I haven't had the baby yet!

I'm a lucky girl for sure and he knows I appreciate him, too.

Here's a pic of me today with the flowers before we went to brunch.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5752.jpg

Sarah1
05-09-2004, 09:43 PM
Well, my sister was in town visiting, and she could hardly care that it was Mother's Day (see bitching forum). We also had one of DH's oldest friends in from out of town (he was here for a wedding and was staying w/us). So, Mother's Day got a bit lost in the shuffle, especially considering that my sister's ego is fragile and needs massaging.

DH was great, though. Got some cute gifts and "permission" to buy myself something else I want :)

Unfortunately, DD had one of her crappiest naps ever. A nice long nap would've really made my day.

momathome
05-09-2004, 09:52 PM
For Mothers Day, dh and the girls got me flowers and cards and made me pancakes for breakfast. As a joint Mother's Day/birthday gift, Kasey and I are going to Delray Beach, Florida this week (Thurday-Monday) to visit a friend of mine - I can't wait!
We went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch with my mother, her partner, my brother, and his girlfriend - it was very good. Tonight, we bbq'd just us and I made brownies - yum! Overall, it was a very nice day!
-Lauren

bluej
05-09-2004, 10:12 PM
I'm sorry Kimberly. You're right, they are just clueless. DH didn't say 'you're not my mother' to be mean, he just honestly didn't recall ever doing anything for me in the past and didn't see a need to do anything that year. Trust me, that is the last year he will ever make THAT mistake! And he paid dearly for it at Father's Day with guilt when I had great gifts from the kids for him. It was tempting to not do anything for him, but I decided that guilt really is the best revenge.

jmofarrill
05-09-2004, 10:18 PM
Delray Beach isn't far from me (I'm in Ft. Lauderdale); the weather has been great lately, so it should be nice for your trip. Enjoy!

holliam
05-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Well, I feel a bit like a fraud since Lily isn't home yet, but my hubby still celebrated my first Mother's Day for me. :)

He made me a card with her picture on it and he wrote a whole little letter from her to me in it. It was so sweet.

Then, he made me chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast and wonderful dinner too. He is our resident chef so that was pretty normal!

The biggest surprise was the lily plant he brought me. He knows I don't like cut flowers or want gifts, but this was just perfect. We can plant it outside and have it forever, just like we will have Lily forever one day!

I just love my guy!
HOlli

redhookmom
05-10-2004, 12:10 AM
Fraud?! I feel like a fraud for being happy that my DH took thie kids away for the morning. I am sorry that your DD was not with you on Mother's Day. Enjoy your Lily.

khakismom
05-10-2004, 12:25 AM
I got to sleep in (YAY!) and then was greeted by squeals and hugs and cards--one with a big picture that Kathleen drew, such the artiste!

I picked up a dress at the alterations place that I had to get taken in because it was too big so that I could wear in on my cruise. Then went to get my hair cut--got it all chopped off, and I love it.

We did BBQ at my brother's house where I got 2 potted plants (1 from my brother and SIL) and another from my brother's MIL.

My gift from DH and the kids was a digital camera, which I have been after for the longest time. I am so excited that I have been a picture-taking fool today! :)

JElaineB
05-10-2004, 12:30 AM
I had an ok Mother's Day. DS woke up at 5:30 but mananged to get back to sleep until 6. He then woke up so I got up with him and he had a temp of 101. And his Huggies Overnight had somehow exploded everywhere, gel beads were all over the place. So DS got a bath at 6:05 am. DH helped, then slept in a little more. When he got up I opened my cards and presents (I told him not to get me anything). I got a pastry brush, small cutting board and some Twizzlers from DS/DH. My mom sent me a nice card with a $50 check. I'm definitely spending that on myself! Went out to brunch with the IL's and DS's fever came back in the middle of it, never mind that it was already his naptime and on the verge of a meltdown. The one time I don't alternate ibuprofen with Tylenol and the fever comes back in 5.5 hours. Luckily I had infants Advil with me, so DH took DS out and gave him that. The woman at the next table kept scolding her 2 sons (maybe 4 and 6) constantly. Really pleasant.

We went home and all napped for a couple of hours. DS woke up still hot and still cranky so we all went outside. Our chickens (yes we have 27 6-week old chickens!) were piled on top of each other, practically suffocating each other in the 85 degree heat! Also DH figured out they have some kind of mite which is causing them to peck their feathers off. A lovely sight! They are DH's project, so I let him deal with them. Went inside, fed DS dinner, then DH put him to bed then I did some work. Now I'm on here but should be applying for a FT job that is at the college I work at PT which has been advertised for a week already. Instead I think I'm going to bed in a few mintues and will deal with that tomorrow. Hopefully DS will be better then and not worse!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

jk3
05-10-2004, 08:42 AM
You are not a fraud-You are a mom!

josephmama
05-10-2004, 09:55 AM
I'm enjoying reading all of these! Happy belated mother's day! DH gave me a holly bush to plant outside (to hid the new neighbors!) and he and Joseph gave me a cute card. DH made breakfast for me then we all went to the beach an hour away- Joseph's first trip to the beach. I had sooo much fun watching him experience it all. He loved "walking" with us in the sand and playing with his sand toys. He didn't know what to make of the sand on his hands, though, it was really funny. The weather was great, we had bought an umbrella, he kept his hat on and no one got sunburn! And we had pizza at our favorite little pizza place near the beach. We hopefully have some great pictures of it- we'll see tonight when I upload them. My parents send me an ivy plant from a local florist, too. I had such a nice day.

llcoddington
05-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Dave got up with Lauren at 4 am and got her back to sleep and I got to sleep from midnight to 7 am, without a single interruption!!! That would have made my Mother's Day all by itself, but in addition, I got two books (Children's books) about being a mommy, flowers, and some friends made dinner- grilled kabobs, tomato and cucumber salad, and cheesecake for dessert. Oh, and Dave bought my new favorite ice cream- Ben & Jerry's Primary Berry Graham (strawberry cheesecake icecream!).

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

momathome
05-10-2004, 09:57 AM
Thanks, Michelle! I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale - if my visit were longer, I would have loved to have met you - unfortunately, I only have 3 full days there, the other days are travel days. Take care - I hope Anwyn has a terrific first Birthday!
-Lauren

lmariana
05-10-2004, 10:10 AM
Heinz really was wonderful on Mother's Day.

Gabe woke up at 6:45 am and Heinz changed him and brought him down into our bed for a snuggle session. That was already perfect enough for me. :)

We were going to be hosting his family for a Mother's Day dinner, so we didn't want to cook much for ourselves, to avoid extra mess. So we had cereal for breakfast and PB&J for lunch! Yum! For dinner I made a typical Cuban dinner of roast pork tenderloin, white rice, black beans, plantains, and for dessert a homemade 4-layer white cake with chocolate fudge filling and homemade chocolate frosting. I love to cook, so this was fun for me. :)

Heinz was amazingly generous with the gifts. He gave me the new chocolate body lotions from Bath & Body Works and a gorgeous ring. It's a huge trillion cut aquamarine set in a simple platinum band. It's absolutely breathtaking. I don't usually like gemstones, but this one looks like a well cut blue diamond. Now I just need the matching earrings....

Gabe gave me the new Fleurville Escape Pod diaper bag in the blue chocolate color. AND...HE CRAWLED FOR THE FIRST TIME! I think this is my favorite gift of all!

Overall the day was wonderful. I am on a total high and I ope I can make him just as happy on Father's Day. :)

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

amp
05-10-2004, 11:27 AM
It was a glorious first Mother's Day for me!

We woke to hear DS "talking" to himself and DH went to get him to bring him to our bed as usual. He arrived carrying a gift bag DH stuck in his little hands. In it, was a gift that deserves a little background. I am not the neatest eater or cooker in the world. DH cringes everytime I wear light colored or nice clothing when doing either since I *ALWAYS* end up wearing some of it. We've been joking about my needing an apron for some time. Well, I got it! And it's from Shutterfly, so it has a picture of DS eating one of his messiest meals on it! It was great!

Then, DH brings me a card telling me I am a great mom to our son. He gave me a handprint tower I was eyeing, so I can have a handprint of Jake from age 1-5. Sweet!

Then I asked to go out for my favorite bagel and Caffe Mocha at Panera Bread and my wish was granted. We walked and looked at flowers at the local Arboretum at my request. Then I was treated to a lovely, delicious lunch at one of my favorite (but rarely eaten at) Italian restaurants, where we ate on the patio and enjoyed the superb weather. then we bought and planted some flowers and took a walk at home.

It was fantastic!

Vajrastorm
05-10-2004, 12:06 PM
My Mother's Day was decent. Not great, due to a sick baby and the sleep deprivation that accompanies it, but I ushered in Mother's Day (12 am) doing what moms do!

I got very pretty flowers, some scented lotion, and a picture frame from husband/baby. My own mom, though, went all out: a big box of Sees truffles and a $100 gift certificate for Ann Taylor loft. That was so sweet of her, if unexpected! Maybe she was making up for last year when I was pregnant and she told me I wasn't a real mom yet, causing me to cry? Either way, I'm very touched that she gave me gifts. (As well as gifts to my pregnant sister)

My BIL gets the super husband award though. My sister is pregnant with their first and he suprised her with diamond earrings. Nice!

votre_ami03
05-10-2004, 12:07 PM
Mine was similar to Ellen's. :) Baby woke me up at 6am, followed by laundry & cleaning. I went w/my XH to see his mom & grandmother (so they could see Nolan). Visited w/my mom & sis for about an hour.

XH bought me a plant & card from Nolan. I think I will be ordering a Mother's bracelet & possibly a photo pendant from Nolan for me. :)

Nola did take an unheard of 2 1/2 hour nap yesterday am. WOOHOO!

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

cchavez
05-10-2004, 01:41 PM
well, DS decided he wanted to wish me an early happy mothers day by waking up at 5:30. he doesn't cry for us he just wakes up early and plays in his crib....so around 6:30 dh went to change ds and bring him to our bed and we played for awhile. DH made me breakfast and gave me my gift....a very pretty brighton wallet/purse on a string small enough to fit in my diaper bag but it contains everything even my cell so that is all i have to take when i don't use my diaper bag. He also said he wanted to make me a book of Diego pics using mypublisher.com but decided that would be a better project for both of us to be involved in. DS decided he didn't want to take a morning nap!!! :( So we went out to a VERY quick lunch at Pei Wei (chinese). Diego then decides to take a 50 minute nap! I rock him and he sleeps for another half hour. We spent the rest of the day shoe shopping for DH. That nite he made Prime steaks (so delicious!), artichokes and asparagus on the grill. The day was pretty great, I just wish Diego had taken a longer nap.

alkagift
05-10-2004, 02:57 PM
I got some calla lillies and roses, a card from DH and from Matthew (SO made me cry!) and then we went to an Atlanta tradition, the Gardens for Connoisseurs tour where 10 private gardens are opened and you can go probe and take pictures. Roses, foxgloves, peonies, etc etc, I was in heaven.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

dogmom
05-10-2004, 03:12 PM
Warning, don't read this if don't want to hear upsetting news.

I spent all Mother's Day working. Usually on my weekend to work I don't see my son from Friday evening until Monday morning since I work 12+ hr shifts.

So, basically I spent all Mother's taking care of this young man that didn't wear his seatbelt and is horribly brain damaged, probably going to die. I got to call his mother on Mother's Day, she was going to try to spend it with her other children and grandchildren, and let her know he was doing worse. So, she came in and just cried at is bedside instead.

When I got home my son was asleep as usually, but I heard him moving around 10 pm, so I went in and got him and brought him to bed with me and made my DH bring the chocolate mousse cake we had for dessert up. I proceded to share it my DS while watching "Sunset Boulevard" which I had never seen but wanted to. There was chocolate everywhere, and I didn't really care. I also didn't care that I didn't get a card or flowers, I did tell my DH not to do anything. I didn't care I didn't do anything special. Mostly I was just grateful that it will be a decade or two before I really start worrying about my DS doing things that are going to break my heart like that.

Jeanne
Mom to Harvey
1/16/03

wagner36
05-10-2004, 04:40 PM
I got 6 hours spent in a rental car with DS screaming in the back the entire way after my flight from Des Moines was cancelled. C and I went there for my baby sister's college graduation. By the time I got back at 3:00 am, I got a very nice card and a beautiful bracelet and HOMEMADE chocolate covered strawberries. It almost made listening to country across Iowa and western Illinois worth it.....

votre_ami03
05-10-2004, 04:48 PM
Jeanne, Sounds like a very special day. Things like that really make us treasure what we have & appreciate the small things. I can't think of a better way to spend an evening. (((H)))

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

lizamann
05-10-2004, 04:56 PM
I actually FORGOT it was Mother's Day until about 12:30! We went out as a family with the jogging stroller for a run and some coffee, and I saw all these well-dressed family groups on the street. After about 15 seconds it dawned on me - oh yeah, Mother's Day!! When we got home, DH gave me a gift certificate for a massage. Later on DH took DD out for a walk for an hour while I worked on her baby scrapbook. That's about it, but it was nice!

StaceyKim
05-10-2004, 09:42 PM
DH let me sleep in (as usual on the weekends). Then we all went out for brunch...DH, DS...at the Four Seasons Hotel. It was beautiful day. Got to the brunch and I went to fill up my plate and got back and DS was all wet. DH said DS got cream (for the coffee) all over him. I didn't know what to do since we JUST got there and I had no extra clothes for him to wear. Well, the hostess came by and saw that DS was all wet and felt terrible. She asked us what size he wore and we told her. About 10 minutes later they came back with a Bloomies bag with a Ralph Lauren outfit!!!! I was really impressed plus they didn't want us to pay for it. They said "it's included in the brunch". Talk about good service!
After that we went to the Chicago Art Show and looked for some art to buy but we didn't see anything we loved. Oh well. It was really a fun day walking around since I love painting and collecting art.
DS got me these flowers.....
Came home watched Survivor!

The bad part of the day....I woke up the next day with a cold. Ugh.

StaceyKim
05-10-2004, 09:42 PM
DH let me sleep in (as usual on the weekends). Then we all went out for brunch...DH, DS...at the Four Seasons Hotel. It was beautiful day. Got to the brunch and I went to fill up my plate and got back and DS was all wet. DH said DS got cream (for the coffee) all over him. I didn't know what to do since we JUST got there and I had no extra clothes for him to wear. Well, the hostess came by and saw that DS was all wet and felt terrible. She asked us what size he wore and we told her. About 10 minutes later they came back with a Bloomies bag with a Ralph Lauren outfit!!!! I was really impressed plus they didn't want us to pay for it. They said "it's included in the brunch". Talk about good service!
After that we went to the Chicago Art Show and looked for some art to buy but we didn't see anything we loved. Oh well. It was really a fun day walking around since I love painting and collecting art.
DS got me these flowers.....
Came home watched Survivor!

The bad part of the day....I woke up the next day with a cold. Ugh.

lmariana
05-10-2004, 10:07 PM
Oh my goodness! Those have to be the most beautiful flowers I have ever seen!

Mariana
www.heinzandmariana.com
Mother of Gabriel, 08/14/2003

lrucci
05-11-2004, 12:06 AM
I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I have to admit that dh did a great job of making my first mother's day special. I wasn't sure if he'd do anything at all.

DD woke up at 1 am, dh said she wanted to be the first to wish me a Happy Mother's Day. She went back to sleep, and was up a 5. DH tried to take her a play with her, but she cried everytime he took her away from me. He finally took her downstairs, and they came up with breakfast. I had really wanted to sleep in, but I enjoyed my time with dd. Then we went to lunch with my parents by the river and walked around. On the way home, we stopped by to see MIL and then ended up going out to dinner.

Here is a picture of the pendant dd gave me. I didn't ask for anything, so this really surprised me!!
http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/5862.jpg

Lisa
Mom to Kyleigh Elizabeth 7/19/03