PDA

View Full Version : Things to do in SC

ismommy
05-10-2004, 10:17 AM
Hi,

We are going to South Carolina for our nephew's bar mitzvah. On Sunday DH is golfing with his dad and brother. I will probably have to hang with his sister and my MIL( I wont comment on my feelings on this)but I am wondering if there are fun things to do with Bella near Myrtle Beach or cool kids shops. Anyone live around that area and has suggestions would be great.
Helene
mommy to Isabella

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-10-2004, 03:21 PM
Helene,
I should know but I don't....
Steve is from Charleston SC are you going there by chance????
My thoughts are Hilton Head and Charleston when one says "South Carolina"...I have never been to the SC Beaufort....I have the NC Beaufort (two different spots) but I was told it was cute.

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Kimberly H
05-10-2004, 08:27 PM
Helene, I live in Myrtle Beach - how old is Bella?

There's the beach (duh), the Children's Museum, Ripley's Aquarium, and Broadway at the Beach - kind of a boardwalk-ish thing with mini golf, little shops, restaurants, a Build-A-Bear Workshop, kiddie rides, etc.

Cool kids shops are definitely in the minority as we just got our first Gymboree!

mattiew
05-10-2004, 10:25 PM
I second some of Kimberly's suggestions. I think the aquarium would be fun and if it is a nice day it is fun to walk around Broadway at the Beach and feed the ducks, sit on a swing and eat ice cream, etc. I enjoy the outlet shopping there, check www.outletbound.com for a list of the stores. Oh yes, some of the piers are fun, usually they have music and you never know what the fishermen will catch.

Enjoy your trip!
Carrie

ismommy
05-11-2004, 07:39 AM
Bella is 2 and 1/2. So I think all your suggestions will work. We are in Little River. I think thats what its called and the inlaws claim its near the beach so if nothing else if the wether is nice we can go there. I have heard SC is beautiful but since this trip is to my inlaws I think the best I can hope is I its peaceful - enjoyable is probably a reach.
Kim - if I have time and you are around I would love to meet Mia (and you) after seeing all her pix and reading your story.
Helene
mommy to Isabella

Kimberly H
05-11-2004, 09:01 PM
Helene, I'd love to meet up with you! Just email me at kimberly @ sccoast.net and we'll see what we can set up.

Your IL's are right - Little River is just about 20 mins from Myrtle Beach so you should be fine.