PDA

View Full Version : Uh OH.

Marisa6826
05-10-2004, 02:53 PM
Please tell me that this isn't the beginning of Rotovirus...

Sophie and I had lunch around 12:30. She had turkey and cheese with some diluted apple juice. Her regular lunch. The only thing she's had new in the past few days was a little bit of sweet, very mild, italian sausage yesterday.

We were in the livingroom afterward and when I looked up, I noticed she threw up all over the (new!!) couch. I was able to get it cleaned up (thank God we paid for that Scotchguard spray).

The next thing I knew, there was a horrible smell. Thought it was one of the dogs. It was Sophie. Nasty, nasty, NASTY dipe.

I just about yakked cleaning it.

She seems OK now, she's playing in her corral.

What are the signs of Rotovirus?

I'm most terrified of getting it myself - especially since being preggo.

-m

Momof3Labs
05-10-2004, 04:03 PM
It could just be stomach flu - that sounds a lot like what Colin had in January.

Hope she feels better soon!!

mattiew
05-10-2004, 04:54 PM
Don't know the signs of Rotovirus but there is lots of what you described going around in our area. It starts with vomiting that usually lasts 1/2 a day, then the yucky diapers for a couple days, and usually a day of fever somewhere in there.

Hope she is well soon!!!!!!
Carrie

candybomiller
05-10-2004, 05:09 PM
We have something similar going on here, but without the vomiting. Does Sophie seem any different (whining, tired, clingy, etc)? If not, according to my pediatrician, just make sure she stays hydrated and keep an eye on her. If she does have any other symptoms, I would take her in to get checked if it doesn't go away after a couple of days.

Hope ya'll are feeling better!

COElizabeth
05-10-2004, 10:23 PM
Ugh. That's how it started for James this last time. He vomited just once and then had diarrhea for 7 days. The first couple of days were the worst, and by the last 3 days or so it was just once or twice a day. I also got sick, so I really sympathize with you if you do become ill with it in the first trimester. My biggest advice is to get some help! There was one day when I really just completely useless, and if MIL hadn't come over, I don't know how I could have made it through the day! But I hope you don't get sick at all and that it blows over for Sophie quickly!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

Sarah1
05-10-2004, 11:06 PM
Ooooh...yes...I hope it was the sausage. When Audrey had the stomach flu (my DH had it too), there was no vomiting, though--strictly the runs.

Keep us posted :)