PDA

View Full Version : more experienced Moms tell me this stage ends quickly-PLEASE

rrosen
05-11-2004, 06:22 PM
I hope someone out there will tell me that this is a short-lived problem. My dd has learned to pull-up to a standing position in the last couple of weeks. The last few days she has been pulling herself up in her crib. The problem is that she does not know how to sit back down. So she pulls herself up and then screams when she wants to go back down. A few times she has fallen and hit her head on the side of the crib. It is making putting her down for a nap a nightmare. I am trying to try to show her to bend her knees when I lower her but, most of the time she keeps her legs in a "locked" postition and makes this impossible. It has been 4 days of this and it is starting to wear very thin. Please tell me your children learned to sit back down quickly!

If not, lie to me please.;) :-(

Thanks,
Rebecca
mom to Gabrielle 9/03

COElizabeth
05-11-2004, 07:01 PM
It's pretty short-lived. I'm not lying. Your dd will probably figure out how to drop back down on her bottom within a few more days. But yes, that is one of the more frustrating stages we have encountered!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

mamahill
05-11-2004, 07:23 PM
I know it's frustrating :( but it will end! Personally, I always found it funny. Haha, you're standing and don't know what to do now! The best is a story my friend told me about her younger sister who was standing on her other foot SCREAMING because she couldn't figure out how to transfer weight to the bottom foot and remove the top one. These kids are cute, but they aren't smart :).

candybomiller
05-11-2004, 07:25 PM
It does end quickly. I (fortunately) was away with a friend when DS went through this stage, but DH said it was a nightmare. I think it took DH a weekend to teach DS the mechanics of sitting back down.

It will end!

billysmommy
05-11-2004, 08:19 PM
I posted about this exact same thing a couple of months ago. It took Billy almost a week before he figured out how to get down. Looking back now it was pretty funny but at the time it was absolutely awful. He would scream and then fall and hit his head, leading to more screaming. And then one day he just "got it" and laid back down and went to sleep. So there is hope :)

JLiebCamm
05-11-2004, 08:47 PM
We went through this for quite a while. We ended up, as inhumane as it might seem, keeping one hand firmly on DS's chest to keep him laying down until he fell asleep. At first we had to stand there for 30-40 minutes, but the time kept decreasing and finally we didn't have to do it anymore. It was hard to do, but he was so overtired and fighting sleep in the worst possible way by standing up!

rrosen
05-11-2004, 10:06 PM
Thank you for the words of encouragement. I will hold on to the hope the she will figure it out in a few days. It is funny, especially when I find her looking like a pathetic little inmate.

Thanks,
Rebecca