PDA

View Full Version : What is everyone up to today?

MelissaTC
05-12-2004, 09:28 AM
What is everyone up to today?

We are headed to the park, smothered in sunscreen, to have a picnic with some Moms from our local MOMS Club. How about you?

MartiesMom2B
05-12-2004, 09:31 AM
We are headed out for a walk in the Sarah Duke Gardens. I'm excited as I've never been before. I'll see if I can take some pics of the peanut.

Sonia
Proud Mommy to Martie 4/6/03

rrosen
05-12-2004, 09:38 AM
We are also heading to the park. We are getting together with a long lost friend and her children. I am excited to reconnect it has been several years (and several children) since we have seen one another.

I am so happy that the sun is shining!!!!

Have a great day!
Rebecca

flagger
05-12-2004, 09:39 AM
We are going to the play area at the mall and then down to a friend's for a playdate.

papal
05-12-2004, 09:40 AM
Your day sounds like fun.. mine is going to be a drab one..the usual chores and errands. :(
Anyone want to get together for lunch?

ETA: Marisa, aren't you supposed to be semi-bedrest?? No going out for lunch for you girlie!!

ETA: So i was inspired by all of you who were actually going OUT to the park etc... so we took the train to meet dh for lunch. :)
I discovered a new use for the Maya wrap... since Leela is too small for the high-chairs and i did not take my cart-seat cover with me (too huge to stuff into diaper bag), dh made her sit in his lap and 'seat-belted' her to him with the Maya. We were bad parents and fed her some french fries. She also had some chicken shwarma the other day. bad bad bad.

Marisa6826
05-12-2004, 09:42 AM
Damn! Why aren't you still in NYC?! ;)

-m

lizamann
05-12-2004, 09:44 AM
We have our parent/infant class at Waldorf, and then I will be grocery shopping for dd's first birthday party! I need to sneak a few loads of laundry in there, too. I wanted to go bird watching with Nora this morning, but it's already too late for that.

Rashmi, lunch sounds great! Too bad we don't live anywhere near each other!

caleymama
05-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Just some odds and ends ... post office, bank, grocery store and then a few things around the house: hang DD's swing on the front porch, laundry, make bread, and whatever else I come up with. At least it's FINALLY warm and sunny here :)

jec2
05-12-2004, 10:12 AM
We're meeting our mommy 'n baby group at one of our local parks for a few hours then I have to go to school :P Today is a long day on campus and I get home later than I like (ok, only 5:30-ish, but waah, don't make me go!)

candybomiller
05-12-2004, 10:23 AM
I have to go to campus and pay my bill for fall semester and then study for finals tomorrow. Not a whole lot of fun here. :(

mharling
05-12-2004, 10:29 AM
We're running errands this morning and I hope to sneak in a walk to the park. Lane has a dr visit this afternoon and we're going to a friend's for dinner.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

jk3
05-12-2004, 10:36 AM
A walk to the park in the morning + playgroup in the afternoon. =)

jbowman
05-12-2004, 10:37 AM
I have to go to a boring meeting on campus later this morning (full o' windbags--desperately trying to find something to work on that won't look as if I'm not paying attention at the meeting!), advise a student, and work on a grant proposal. Then Ellie and I will hang out for the rest of the afternoon!

redhookmom
05-12-2004, 10:51 AM
I have my normal list of chores.

But, the park sounds like more fun. I will get offline and do a quick cleanup and go enjoy the sun.

momathome
05-12-2004, 10:54 AM
Sounds like you have a fun day planned, Melissa! I am doing laundry, running to Target, and packing for Florida - woo-hoo! Have fun at the park!
-Lauren

bluej
05-12-2004, 12:24 PM
We've already been to Target (seems like a daily occurrance here). I thought I'd be sitting around all day waiting for Chicco customer service to call, but much to my surprise they called just as we got back from our Target run :) But since it's suppose to rain we'll stay put anyway and get some much neglected laundry done.

Sarah1
05-12-2004, 02:07 PM
We went to Little Gym this morning (9 AM class), then stopped by a friend's for a visit on the way home, then had lunch and now DD is napping...when she gets up I have some childproofing people coming over to give me an estimate on doing some safety work on our roof deck (I'm very curious to see what they say), then after that we'll probably stroll down to Walgreens so i can buy some stamps.

Exciting, huh?

I have one of these annoying summer colds (sniffles, dry cough, achiness), too. Bleh.