PDA

View Full Version : Keepsake Book (now that she's not a baby) Suggestion?

akc
05-13-2004, 06:13 PM
Hi all -

This is the only place I could think to ask this! I have a Rag & Bone "Baby's First Book" that was Maeve's baby book when she was born (got it as a gift at my shower) and loved it. I haven't really filled it all out yet (who has!) but it came with this adorable card that you could take out and post near the changing table or light and jot down the milestones so you didn't forget. Thanks to that, I actually got every big milestone written down so I can fill out the book. I loved it so much that I just got a second one in a different handmade cover for Charlotte. Here's a link to them so you get the idea: http://www.ragandbone.com/products/baby/index.html

BUT, now that Maeve's beyond 1, I'm looking for a really pretty and special keepsake book that is similar that I can use for the rest of her childhood. I don't want one that makes me feel guilty that I don't jot down EVERY thing, but I do want to: 1) write down important milestones (developmental, emotional, physical, etc.) 2) put in pictures of important events or days, and 3) keep things like special pictures, Valentine's day cards she made me, special mementos, etc,; 4) and, of course, I want it to have a page for each birthday.

I know if I had more time I could create a custom scrapbook, but I just don't have that kind of time or talent.

Any suggestions? I'm fairly price insensitive on this (within reason), so any suggestions are welcome! Thanks!

Alexa

akc
05-13-2004, 06:36 PM
Hi -

OK, so I forgot to post that I did find this one by Carter's but I wish it were more "special" - it seems like it would probably cover my needs, but it might be so generic. Anybody have it - or know of something like this but is more of a unique looseleaf memory book like this? Thanks!

Carter's Carter's Real Love - Loose-Leaf Baby Memory Book
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00009NQTX/ref=pd_sim_na_4/002-7740807-7644034?v=glance&s=baby

I'd really love the idea of this - a binder gives you so much flexibility...

Alexa

sbjf
05-13-2004, 08:42 PM
I think the Carter's one might be perfect for your needs now. It is very attractive and pretty, seems to cover your needs, and I think it's a plus that maybe it isn't so 'special'. From my experiences as a child I LOVED looking at my baby book and my little brother's for that matter growing up. Your daughter's may wind up doing the same thing so it's good that this one is more durable, less special than the newborn book in my opinion. :-) They may want to share it with family and friends and just look through it themselves sometimes.

I've been journaling on line only, I think I'd be bad with a book, but I do like both of the ones you've posted so maybe I'll give them a try. I know it would be nice for my future son to have one to hold and look at and show to everyone so I guess I should do it!

sbjf
05-14-2004, 05:33 AM
I also just stumbled upon this one...

http://www.babyoliverboutique.com/baby-keepsake-books-poppy-mimi.html