PDA

View Full Version : What cute thing is your child doing this week?

jubilee
05-14-2004, 03:20 AM
Logan has just learned to say "tickle, tickle" (or close to it) while he wiggles his fingers on your body. It is so cute to see him try to tickle people!

also, he is trying hard to say "cock-a-doodle-do" which sounds more like auk-oodle-doooo. :)Precious...

So what is your baby up to?

Rachels
05-14-2004, 08:02 AM
Abigail is talking nonstop. She has always been a pretty verbal kid, but suddenly there's nothing she won't try to say. And she comes out with wonderful stuff. The other day she looked at me and said, "I glad see you, Mama!" :) ! She also now tells us she loves us, which is about the best thing I've ever heard. And for "because" she says "ca-buzz," and she's very big-eyed and earnest when she explains things: "I wake up cabuzz it's daytime."

-Rachel
Mom to Abigail Rose
5/18/02

babymama
05-14-2004, 08:18 AM
Santiago just got a tooth. We knew it was coming, but it was still such a surprise to feel it poking through the gums (ETA: happened the day after Mother's Day - it was his gift to me)! It's the bottom front-left tooth. He loves to turn his paci around and chew on the hard plastic part, so now when he does that - I can hear the tiny tooth clinking on the plastic. He's also pretty close to sitting up. Still tilts over after sitting for few seconds. And this week I put away all his 3-6 month clothes (he looks like the Hulk when he wears them - pants way too short, sleeves way too short, body way too tight)
Mama to Santiago, born 11/16/03

Edited for spelling

jojo2324
05-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Gannon is loving the fluffy white dandelions in our yard. (LOL, we have LOTS!! No landscaping here!) The other day he picked his first, while I watched from our deck. He immediately walked around the deck, up the steps, over to me, and handed me the flower! That that was the first thing he thought to do made me all weepy. Mama's boy, you think? :P

Sorrel is just...cute! She has 6 odd long strands of hair that stick out in all directions. I've been putting her in summer dresses. She smiles when you just look at her. She's really close to rolling over.

llcoddington
05-14-2004, 08:45 AM
After giving Lauren a bath, I stick her under the bath faucet to rinse her off. Yesterday, she turned her head and frantically started licking the water. It was cute!

We just got the Signing Times dvds (thanks to Gina!) and Lauren smiles REALLY big every time the woman in red comes on. It's funny because she smiles every time.

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

Calmegja2
05-14-2004, 09:36 AM
Josh just turned two. We say, "Such a big boy! You are two!"...

To which he usually replies, "I be three!"

(He loves to count, so of course, three comes after two!)

papal
05-14-2004, 09:38 AM
Leela is crawling!!! Oh my goodness! Where on earth did the little tiny infant we brought home from the hospital go??? I am at once thrilled, scared, proud and sad.
I wrote my mom about it yesterday and here is what she wrote back to me:

" I am so gld you are enjoying each one of Leela's milestones.Indeed, she is a lucky girl to have you as a mom.
We both are so very proud of you. "

Gosh, i love my mom so much! :)

jk3
05-14-2004, 09:41 AM
Braden is shaking his head for no. He laughs if we copy him. I think this is cute at the moment but when he starts saying no all of the time I might not. We laugh + laugh so we are definitely encouraging it!

Jenn
DS 6/3/03

bluej
05-14-2004, 09:52 AM
I wouldn't exactly classify this as cute but....Ryden is a wee bit gassy this week. There will be periods during the day where it appears he toots with every step he takes. He gets such joy out of it that it is somewhat cute. Hey, if it makes the baby happy, it makes the mama happy!

Momof3Labs
05-14-2004, 10:12 AM
I know that potty training is a loooong way off but...

Colin starting tinkling on the potty this week. He had been showing no interest, but I ordered a potty seat anyways. We plunked him on it and he squeezed out a few drops. The next time, we started telling him that we were going to put him on the potty about 10-15 minutes before we did, and he had a nice full bladder to empty into it. Then he grabbed at the toilet paper, and I asked him if he wanted to wipe. He nodded (actually, signed) yes.

He also quickly learned the sign for potty and one of his favorite books this week (by coincidence?) is Everyone Poops.

Again, we're a loooong way from diaper free times, but it is fun to see him engaged in a new skill!

jec2
05-14-2004, 10:45 AM
We are on the verge of crawling. So far, lots of rocking back and forth, which is so cute!

And, I swear this kid is talking! Can it be? He's been saying "hi" "good" and on Tuesday I sat him up in bed, he looked at the kitty sleeping at our feet and said, "gitte!" DH and I looked at each other and were stunned! Do you think he said it? We practice that word a lot and try and sign it a lot too so there is much exposure. I just am floored. My mom said I started talking when I was 6 months old, so she isn't surprised.

momma_boo
05-14-2004, 10:54 AM
It's been an especially cute week for us:

Yesterday morning, I was blowing my nose (darn allergies). After watching me for a few seconds, she picked up a napkin that was on the living room table, held it up to her nose and started blowing on it (blowing air out of her mouth).

The last few nights after getting home from work, she gets one of her books and starts whining for me to pick her up. She'll sit on my lap and want me to read to her.

I've taught her to say "Uh oh" whenever she drops anything. (stupid mom, should teach her to say Mom first!!). This morning at about 5:30, I'm half asleep and hear her say, "uh oh." don't know why she said it, but she fell back to sleep on her own.

papal
05-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Oh my goodness!!! Juliet you have to get that on tape!!! That is the cutest thing!! I bet he is saying Gitte for Kitty... what a smart little feller Finn is!

Bethann31
05-14-2004, 11:13 AM
Katherine learned the "princess wave" moving her open hand side to side to wave hello and goodbye. It's so cute and much better than the karate chop wave she was doing up to now.

Beth

Josh 3/90
Mollie 4/92
Jeffrey 12/94
and Katherine 6/03

amp
05-14-2004, 11:58 AM
Not this week, but in the last 2 wks, Jake has learned to drink from a straw cup, come down the stairs backwards (maybe that was 3 wks ago), give a high five (so cute) and when we say "The cow says 'Moo'", he says "uuuuhhh", which I gather is supposed to be his version of Moo since he says it consistently every time. He also started "getting it" with his shape sorter. He doesn't know which shape is which yet, but if you put the correct slot in front of him, he'll work it till he gets it in! So smart, my boy! He is also really starting to move when he hears music, whether on the radio or sung by us. And, when we say hi to the cat, he totally tunes in and starts craning his neck to find out where he is! He is chasing them relentlessly and giggles like crazy! Seems he learns more every single day!

candybomiller
05-14-2004, 12:45 PM
He's taken to sitting on his potty chair. Not peeing, just sitting. He sits there while I"m going potty and we have nice long conversations. Last night I think we sat and chatted about 15 minutes!

mamahill
05-14-2004, 01:06 PM
Ainsleigh can say her whole name now (well, sort of).

Me: What's your name?
A: See-see
Me: And what's your WHOLE name?
A: See-see Fee-oh-oh Hee-uh (Ainsleigh Fiona Hill)

And whenever she walks out of the room she'll say, "I bub (love) you. I be wight back." And then two seconds she'll come running back in, arms outstretched, saying, "I back! I missed you!" Makes me giggle every time.

Unfortuantely, I have overheard her saying "cwap" when she makes a mistake or something. I've tried to "fix" it, but there's no going back. She interchanges it with "shoot" and "Man!"

Dcclerk
05-14-2004, 01:16 PM
C has been cracking us up lately. He has taken to making up his own games, and they never cease to be amusing to him. Right now he likes to take the spoon away from DH at meal times and pretend to give it back to DH. Then, when DH reaches for it, C pulls it back and laughs uproariously. He can do this about 300 times without getting board.

It also is shocking me how much he understands. Our "rule" is that he only has his pacifier in the crib. The other day he reached into the crib, pulled out the paci and popped it into his mouth. When I saw it, I told him that we could only have the paci in the crib, so please take it out and put it in the crib. I didn't do any motions at all, but he complied immediately! He also seems to understand a little more about delaying actions. Last night he wanted to read his books. I told him that we could read them but first we needed to change his diaper and put on jammies. At that point, he took my finger and walked down to his room (he is so close to walking on his own!). After he was all changed, he headed right back to the books in the living room, like he had been waiting that whole time while he was being changed :) And the night before, I needed to take something over to the neighbors. I asked him if he wanted to bring the present to Lilly. He crawled over to the door and started pointing to Lilly's house. Then, he carried the package (by the handle) all the way over to her house (about 50 ft away) and totally was directing me where to go.

He also has been saying some pretty funny words. Today's word is "clk", which is actually "clock". Yesterday he told me that sheep say "baa".

As you can see by my novel, I'm quite proud... :)

californiagirl
05-14-2004, 01:33 PM
Last week she learned that she could blow bubbles on purpose, with sound effects, which was pretty cute. She also got pretty good at shoving her fingers in her mouth. This week she learned to whimper, which is not so cute. You stop feeding her, she produces this tea-kettle noise, it's the most pitiful thing you ever heard.

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-14-2004, 06:13 PM
Well T continues to keep mommy on her toes...
But lately he crawls into everything...
He crawls in and out of the stashed away walker...in and out of that wooden cradle toy I bought for him a long time ago...in and out of an older childs plastic Jeep toy...

He keeps me running...

He is in and out of everything....

NON CUTE thing...he has been hitting mommy in the face when she hold him sometimes...mostly when tired...but mommy does not like this!!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

luvbeinmama
05-16-2004, 02:02 AM
Just today, when saying "bye" to Daddy at the front door when he left for work, DD was standing at the gate yelling "bye, bye, bye" and then added "boom boom boom" with raised hands, it was sooooo cute! bye bye boom boom boom boom bye bye bye boom boom boom bye boom boom boom...

newbelly2002
05-16-2004, 03:38 AM
Adorbable new avator, sarah!

We've been working hard on "please" and "thank you" WITH the person's name doing the favor. Dante *almost* gets it. So now, when I or DH hand him something he will say: "krake (danke/thank you), Da-da (Dante)!" with a big smile on his face.

He also has come to understand that a hurt can be made better with a kiss. If he falls/trips/etc, he will run up to me and through the tears make the most pitiful small "smack" noise with his lips while holding the injured foot/hand/head up to be kissed. Immediately after I give the kiss, he's off and running.

I'm just waiting for "cwap/shoot" and other less desirables to come out of my babe's mouth any day now.

Paula
Mama to Dante, 8/02

StaceyKim
05-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Michael got another tooth (his 7th) and he is really walking! He's been taking a few steps here and there since his 1st birthday but now he walks to me with a BIG smile taking about 15 steps. It's the cutest thing! He is constantly trying to bite me too. He loves to say "oy"....think he gets that from me! Hee hee