PDA

View Full Version : Last night's Survivor $1,000,000 award show

lisaE
05-14-2004, 01:54 PM
Just in case some of you have it on Tivo and haven't watched it yet............................................... .............
.................................................. .............

Did anyone else nearly go ballistic that Boston Rob was even nominated for the million? I can't stand him and his back-stabbing underhandedness! DH always reminds me that I have to acknowlegde Rob's total dominance of the challenges and the entire game. Ok, I'll do that, but it's so much better when someone likeable wins.

So glad that Rupert won.

Before last night I guess I hadn'r realized how hot Colby really is. Wow! Andrew Savage got my vote for hottest male though.

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-14-2004, 01:57 PM
I teared up I was so happy...
loved Probst's speech to Jerri (the group)...he is a hard arse:)....

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

Marisa6826
05-14-2004, 02:03 PM
Well, for what it's worth, Boston Rob played the game it was supposed to be played- outwitted, outplayed, outlasted. So I think from that perspective he deserved the money over Amber. There is a rumour that they created the second Million show because the public so wanted Rupert to win.

Rupert SOOOO deserved it, and I remember him saying at some point his family needed the money. I can't imagine he's making the bucks as a youth mentor.

Colby is a traditional pretty boy. Gotta love Savage though ;)

BTW - I think I forgot to mention that when I was in NYC a few weeks ago, Jeff Probst cut right in front of my car to catch a cab.

I wanted to open the window and ask him what he was doing in the West Village ;)

And WHAT was his deal mentioning that he's an ordained minister??! I wonder what his background really is.

-m

llcoddington
05-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Hurray for Rupert! I have to admit, I got a kick out of seeing Big Tom all teary eyed that he was in the top 4. Don't know exactly why Boston Rob was there too- has to be because he so dominated the game. He certainly wasn't the most likable character. And yes, Colby is steaming hot! I voted for him for hottest male.

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

papal
05-14-2004, 02:15 PM
I am glad Rupert won too. I think that he was the only one who was not portrayed as a character playing a role.. he seems the same on the show as he is in real life. Good for him.

I can't believe that Alex (blue-haired fella) is still mad at Boston Rob... c'mon.. it is just a game. I really don't understand how some people think it is more than a game.. but then again, i could never play this game... i just cannot see myself betraying others etc, even if it is how the game is played.

Ok, my thoughts on the Hottest Women... i was wondering how the girls who did not get nominated would feel.. like Jenna (annoying Jenna, with the twin girls) and Shi-Ann.

As for hottest guy... none were really my type to be honest.. but if i had to choose.. it would have been Colby... as cheesy as it sounds, his strength of character makes him attractive to me, not just his perfectly chiseled face. :P

egoldber
05-14-2004, 02:25 PM
I thought it was a really lame show, but of course I watched it anyway! :)

I thought the best moment was when Big Tom teared up at making the final 4. He was honestly touched and I almost felt bad I didn't vote for him at that moment!

I thought it was interesting that none of the women were voted into the final 4. I was also amazed that Rob got that many votes, but I do feel like he played the "game" well.

Rashmi, I think the big deal with Lex and Rob is that they were friends IRL before the All-star show. So Lex thought he could trust a "real" friend, whereas Rob thought he was playing a game when he made that promise.

Colby is hot, but the good old Texan thing doesn't do it for me. Savage is much more my type. :)

McQ
05-14-2004, 02:30 PM
Yeah Colby gets the all-american/nice boy good looks award but that Andrew Savage is hot, hot, HOT!!!

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

cinrein
05-14-2004, 02:51 PM
I agree that Rob dominated the game, but he's marrying his million. I don't think the 2 of them deserve 2 million.

I think I'm the only person who is not a Rupert fan. He seems like a nice guy and all, but I find him rather, um, unkept? I don't dislike him, but he was never one of my faves to win and I don't understand the popularity.

Colby got my vote for hottest male. I could go for Savage too, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I am way larger than he is, both in width and height. I don't like my man to be smaller than me! I don't even remember who else was in the category.

The hottest female---eek. That goodness one of the boobiosas didn't win that.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

amp
05-14-2004, 03:54 PM
I agree w/ Marisa - In spite of how much I wanted everyone to overthrow the Rob-father, I have to say he manipulated the game just the way he wanted it and Amber rode his coattails, just like she road someone's coattails in her original season. Rob played them like they were puppets. And, you have to realize that he won several immunity and reward challenges, showing that physically and mentally he was a contender. I didn't like him and I'm glad he didn't win, but I do think maybe he earned it (in a sneaky, smarmy way!).

I did think Rupert deserved the 1 million people's choice vote. And I heard it was his daughter's bday. How cool!

And Colby, hands down IMO, has always been the #1 sexiest guy on all of the Survivor shows. I needed no poll to tell me that! Mmmmmm...

billysmommy
05-14-2004, 04:14 PM
I was one of the people who voted for Boston Rob....I absolutely hated him in the Marquesas but he was my pick from day 1 with all-stars. I think he was one of the best players but I know I'm in the minority (even DH disagrees...oh well).
I don't know but there's just something about Rupert that drives me crazy. I really liked him in the Pearl Islands but this time I was ready for him to go after a couple of episodes. It may just be that he was on 2 in a row while everyone else there had been a break and it was fun to see how they changed.
I would have loved to see Mike Skupin (from the fire) and how he's doing. He was always my pick to win that one :)

egoldber
05-14-2004, 05:52 PM
See I think it depends on what you mean by a best player. Is the best player the best manipulator or the person that wins? It is almost impossible for a manipulator to win in the end. So one could argue the "best" way to play is to be passive aggressive and ride someone else's coattails until the end. The trick is picking the right coattails and being in a good position. The psychological maneuvering is why I love Survivor. And why every season really is different. :)

memedee
05-14-2004, 06:00 PM
I also voted for Boston Rob.He won the most challenges and he manipulated everyone. He played the game.The qualities you may like in a person have nothing to do with this show. He was a great player!!!I don't think his game playing is a reflection of his character in real life.This may be a reality show but it is television and not real.
Amber was the best player because she WON.

lisaE
05-14-2004, 06:18 PM
I gotta give Andrew Savage the hot man award (over my other fave, Ethan) simply on the basis of that Armani jacket. I loved the way he wore that... over nothin'!

DH always loved Darrah, so we voted for her for hottest female. She was good looking, too, even though we had to hit the Mute button every time she spoke. Remember that accent? My favorite hot woman was Elizabeth Filarski. Adorable.

I will give Rob his props for outsmarting everyone, even though I was no fan of the way he did it.

My favorite Survivor moment wasn't even a voting option. It was when Rupert got voted out and Sandra sneaked back and dumped out all his fish. She said something like, "I'll be darned if I am going to let them vote out Rupert and then come back here and benefit from all the hard work he did." I loved it.

Survivor rocks! I can't wait until the next one.

mharling
05-14-2004, 10:24 PM
As much as I didn't like it, I do agree that Rob belonged in the group of 4. I am glad that Rupert won though!! I have liked Big Tom all along and was glad to see him there too.

Male - Definitely Andrew Savage. I thought Gervase was pretty cute too.
Female - Elizabeth or Colleen (from the first season) are both cute. I wonder if Elizabeth and that guy (I'm drawing a blank on his name; somebody help me!!) keep in touch. *ETA - Is it Roger?

I can't believe we have to wait until September for another one!!!!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

jubilee
05-15-2004, 01:33 AM
Yes it was Roger... I wonder if they do keep in touch since they had that father-daughter relationship.

As for hot guys, nobody is hotter than Colby!

flagger
05-15-2004, 01:42 AM
>And WHAT was his deal mentioning that he's an ordained
>minister??! I wonder what his background really is.

Marisa?

I am also an ordained minister. Anyone can do it these days and it is legal.

http://www.ulc.org/?destination=ordination&numina=1674086866

I got mine from an advert in the back of Rolling Stone years ago.

Marisa6826
05-15-2004, 01:45 PM
Get out!

Who knew?! ;)

-m

cvharris
05-15-2004, 05:24 PM
I didn't vote for anyone but I thought that Rob deserved to win the million. Just because Amber won it already doesn't mean anything, who knows if they will actually stay together? Rob played the game harder than anyone else and I thought he deserved to win it. I don't think the way he played the game won a lot of respect, but that is the way you have to play to win. His cockiness makes him pretty unlikable, I must agree. I am a Rupert fan, too, but thought Rob played harder in the all-stars.

I really lost a lot of respect for Lex and Kathy in the game. It seemed their strategy going in was that they had made the most friends IRL and that would take them to the end. They had no problems screwing their IRL friends Colby and Ethan over but when Rob screwed them over they cried foul about their real life friend Rob...how could he do this??? Please.

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)

StaceyKim
05-15-2004, 06:08 PM
I voted for Boston Rob too! I think he was the best player out there besides Amber ('cause she won!). People take this game SO personally. Come on, he was out there to win a MILLION bucks NOT to make friends. Although, he DID meet his future wife and of course was TOTALLY honest with her! I am sure he is a good person but this was a game and THAT'S ALL. I am not so upset that Rob didn't win because I am sure he is getting plenty of offers for putting his wedding on t.v. but I still think he deserved the 2nd million. I am not sure what the big stink is about Rupert though. Can't figure that one out.
I just liked Rob and I liked him the first survivor show he was on!

I am not one to like villians either because I hated Amorosa (sp.). Now that is an EVIL TWISTED girl! Sorry but the editing didn't make her that way.

IMO, Rob is a good guy! Lex is 2 faced and would have done the same thing to Rob in the end because he did it too.

toomanystrollers
05-15-2004, 07:40 PM
Chiming in late, but what about when Cathy "boo-hooed" and was going to give Lex her immunity - hmmmmm????

I'm happy Rupert won too :) Dh keeps looking for Rob's Chevy Colorado on the Boston highways LOL