PDA

View Full Version : My poor DH!!!

cchavez
05-14-2004, 11:39 PM
He has been out of town all week for business. He's in Chicago but in Rosemont (apparently not very happening). So he thought he was going to be able to fly back tonite. Well, then is turned into Sunday nite and now it is Monday morning!!! I feel terrible for him. He is miserable missing DS terribly!!! At least I should get to hang out with him on Monday nite but he is probably going to go straight to the office Monday and not get home until after Diego's bedtime. So it will be over a week since he has seen his son.....poor, poor hubby!

I wish there was something I could do to cheer him up. I am planning on making a nice dinner for Monday nite but what else can I do?

mharling
05-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Christine -
Dh and I were separated during/after Sept 11 (poor guy, his b-day was 9/16 and we couldn't be together as he was in Boston and I was in Seattle). I sent roses to him at his hotel (the roses we had in our wedding) and he loved it.

Does he have internet access from his hotel room? You could post some new, fun pics of Diego for him on Shutterfly or something like that.

Rosemont isn't too far away from me. If you have any ideas that I could help execute, let me know!

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

Momof3Labs
05-15-2004, 08:11 AM
If he has some free time, tell him to hop the El (blue line) which takes him straight into the loop - it is much more "happening" there than in Rosemont!

raynjen
05-15-2004, 01:17 PM
I second the Shutterfly idea. When DH was deployed (Operations Northern Watch, Southern Watch, and OIF) I would try and post at least one picture a day so that he could watch his little one grow.

If DH travels a lot you can do a couple of the following - record DS's cooing on one of those 15 sec. picture frames (DH still has his and loves it), record DH reading a story (so that Diego can hear his voice every day), and have a stuffed animal that only comes out when DH leaves (Noelle is sleeping right now with Bye-Bye Bear as daddy is away). Daddy always gives Bye-Bye lots of kisses before he leaves - that way Noelle can get a 'kiss from Daddy' whenever she wants.

Jen in Okinawa
Mom to Noelle (2 1/2)

cchavez
05-15-2004, 02:16 PM
Luckily he has a car so he is at the Chicago Art Institute right now. Then he is going to stop by Nordstrom Rack to pick up a little something I have on hold. LOL!After that he is going to the movies. He has to work again tonite and then most of the evening tomorrow nite. So hopefully he will be on a plane Monday AM. Since Diego is starting to drop his nap I might see if we can meet somewhere before he goes into the office so he can give D some kisses.

Unfortunately I don't know how to upload pics from our camera. I NEED to learn to do this. But DH luckily can view all the photos we have on ofoto. The Rose idea is cool.

Jen those are some great ideas too. Luckily, DH travels very little with his current job. Pre-baby he was a consultant and travled ALL the time. He even worked in Europe for about 5 months and he would come home every two weeks to see me. We would never do that again!