PDA

View Full Version : I thought snuffalopakus (?) was invisible????

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-17-2004, 06:36 PM
Tristan's favorite video is "The Best of Elmo" and I noticed Snuff , big Bird and Elmo are singing...I said to Steve "how can Elmos see Snuffy...I thought only Big Bird can"...

Steve said he never remembered Snuffy being invisible to others...am I remembering correctly????

Granted I am two and 1/2 years older than my man so maybe there really was a change in Snuggy during this time.
I remembered loving Snuffy and always being so frustrated that no one ever got to see him...

Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

COElizabeth
05-17-2004, 06:40 PM
In the 30-year anniversary special, they showed slips from all 30 seasons, and I noticed that in one, Big Bird was exclaiming to everyone, "See, I told you Snuffy was real!" or something like that. I don't remember what year it was from. But until then I had been puzzled, too!

Elizabeth, Mom to James, 9-20-02
EDD #2, 10-30-04

mamicka
05-17-2004, 06:44 PM
If I remember right, he wasn't ever actually invisible, he was just never around at the right time for others to see him. Maybe that was their way of saying he was invisible & I was too stupid to realise?

Allison

The Bible--our only foundation;
Christ--our only hope;
Grace--our only gospel;
Faith--our only instrument;
God's glory--our only goal;
the priesthood of all believers--our only ministry
- Horton

rrosen
05-17-2004, 06:45 PM
I remember it that way too! Snuffy was in Big Bird's imagination. As I recall, they used to do segments about Big Bird refering to Snuffy and others questioning it? I am going to ask dh how he remembers it when he get home. I'll let you know.

mamahill
05-17-2004, 06:52 PM
You are right! The first time I watched it with Ainsleigh I said, 'HEY! He was in Big Bird's imagination!!' And, since I had imaginary friends, this was particularly comforting when I was younger. I guess he appeared to everyone at some point. Now everyone sees him. Oh well. Even now when I see him, I think, "Ahh Snuffy, so glad everyone can see you now!" But I had been wondering if I had made it up in my head. Glad to know I am in good company (and fwiw, DH is the same age as me, and he didn't know what I was talking about - but he grew up overseas, so maybe that's why).

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-17-2004, 07:27 PM
AHHHH that is coming back to me...I think you right, they'd go around a corner and he had wandered off...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-17-2004, 07:28 PM
Snuffy was always my favorite and I always was upset that folks didn't see him...I remember being frustrated about it...
Neve
Feb 25, 2003

muskiesusan
05-17-2004, 07:39 PM
I asked the same question some time ago when I realized that it wasn't only Big Bird who could see him. Someone posted, and I thought it was on this board, that they decided to have him visible to all to avoid children thinking if they told someone about something, like Big Bird telling others about Snuffy, they wouldn't be believed.

Susan
Mom to Nick 10/01/01
& Alex 04/27/04

brubeck
05-17-2004, 07:58 PM
Yes when I was a kid no one could see Snuffy except Big Bird and no one else ever believed him when he said that Snuffy was real. I think that's why they changed it: so that kids wouldn't feel like adults wouldn't believe them.

I also recall that when I was a kid Snuffy couldn't talk. But perhaps that's just memories too.

votre_ami03
05-17-2004, 08:18 PM
Funny, I totally forgot about Snuffy being Big Bird's secret friend until you mentioned it Neve, but I do remember it now. lol!

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03