PDA

View Full Version : Crying in his sleep??

todzwife
05-18-2004, 05:51 PM
This has been happening more and more frequently, always in the morning as he's "trying" to wake up. Usually if he starts crying, the plug (or my boob) with quiet him, but for about 15 minutes almost EVERY morning, he just cries. The most pitifully sad heartwrenching cry, like his heart is just broken and it breaks my heart. I've tried waking him, but he doesn't wake up. So I just pick him up in my arms and rock him back and forth until he stops crying. It is so sad! What did I do to my poor baby to make him have bad dreams? Or what the heck is it???

votre_ami03
05-18-2004, 06:07 PM
It is totally normal & it will go away! Nolan had these sort of night terrors too. I can't remember exactly when, but we haven't had any for months. I would pat his back, put the plug in or lay him on my chest.

Christy, mommy to Nolan 7/22/03

mandye
05-18-2004, 07:10 PM
Yep, this is totally normal. Hailey did it and it broke my heart everytime. FWIW, I asked her ped about it and he said it wasn't night terrors or even bad dreams--it's just something babies do.

As a side note: He also said if he had to choose he'd take night terrors. Sure, they're horrible for the parents, but the child doesn't remember a thing.

Mandy
mom to Hailey 8/21/03

alkagift
05-18-2004, 10:03 PM
My son did this too, for a little while, maybe at 6 months or so until 8 months, I can't remember. He did it somewhere in the 9-10pm range and it was heartbreaking and scared us the first couple of times. We noticed that it tended to correlate to having some major physical milestones or a very active time during the day (houseguests who played with him constantly, loud kids, going to the playground, etc). He eventually adjusted and it worked itself out, although I made an effort to rein my parents in a little and make sure he had down time when they came to visit, since most of the episodes occurred when they were here to overstimulate him!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03