PDA

View Full Version : How long will the house need to air out for allergens?

alkagift
05-18-2004, 11:17 PM
I have a vase full of stargazer lillies and my mother is allergic. She's coming to visit Thursday afternoon, will I need to dump them tomorrow (Wednesday) or can I keep them until Thursday morning? They're still really looking nice and I'd like to keep them longer, but I don't want my mother having to go get allergy medication!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

jd11365
05-18-2004, 11:29 PM
My friend uses Febreeze allergy... I'm not allergic to anything (thank heaven) so I don't know for sure, but I know she says this is helpful for her brother who comes over and is allergic to her (any) pets.

HTH!

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

Marisa6826
05-19-2004, 12:27 PM
Do you have a good HEPA vac? Depending on where you live, "airing" things out might actually let more pollen in.

*sigh* Sorry about your stargazers. LOVE those flowers ;)

-m

cinrein
05-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Stargazers are so pretty!

I'm allergic to hyacynths. I don't take medication, but being near them makes my eyes itch intensely, and eyes start watering, nose starts dripping. Just moving the flowers to another room that I don't use relieves my symptoms.

Cindy and Anna 2/11/03

alkagift
05-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Marisa,
Luckily they're from a store, I don't have any outside and my mother's only allergic to lillies, for some reason. I've been cutting off the pollen thingies and throwing them out as they open, so I hope I don't need to vacuum too much. My AC system has a good HEPA on it, though, maybe that will help if I run it.

I think I'll hold off until tomorrow and give them to the neighbor then. I have them in my living room, which isn't used much by anyone but me, so hopefully by Thursday afternoon the scent will be gone!

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton,