PDA

View Full Version : OT - No Alias until January 2005. What!!!

McQ
05-19-2004, 01:52 PM
According to E!, after this year's season finale, Alias will not air again until January 2005. You've got to be kidding me!!! That's a long time to freaking wait!!! I'm one hot Alias fan.

Here's the blurb & link:

"The most surprising move in new ABC Primetime Entertainment President Stephen McPherson's fall schedule, which was unveiled Monday at the New Amsterdam Theater in New York during the network's annual upfront presentation: no Alias. The butt-kickin' spy drama starring Jennifer Garner will instead stay off the air until January, when its fourth season will unspool, sans reruns."

http://www.eonline.com/News/Items/0,1,14133,00.html

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

jbowman
05-19-2004, 01:57 PM
Terrible news, Allison! DH's heart will sink when he hears the news! Thanks for the heads up!

flagger
05-19-2004, 02:05 PM
I am pretty thankful for this actually and have gotten used to it with The Sopranos. I just read where they will not even start on the last season 10 (not 13) episodes until March of 2005. My only fear is that Alias will not return if the other show is more successful. The ratings are pretty much in the toilet for Alias. If it does come back, it will be good not to have to wait three and four weeks for another new Alias and be able to watch all 22 episodes back to back to back.

slknight
05-19-2004, 02:07 PM
ARGHHHH!!!!!!!! That info just ruined my day. :( :( Pathetic, I know. But I need my Michael Vartan fix. ;-)

candybomiller
05-19-2004, 02:19 PM
CRAPPY!

They better not cancel it. They've (tv exec's) have already cancelled my beloved Buffy AND Angel. They get rid of Alias and I might just have to boycott tv for good!

urbanmama
05-19-2004, 02:21 PM
Candy,

I loved Buffy and Angel as well! (Although I'm pretty certain that Buffy ended because Sarah Michelle Gellar was ready to move on and not that it got cancelled.)

Marie

egoldber
05-19-2004, 02:28 PM
LOL! Another Buffy and Angel fan. :)

I was just grateful they didn't cancel Alias, which had heard was a very real possibility. Apparently the ratings are very poor.

houseof3boys
05-19-2004, 02:34 PM
I know, it's just awful. I was so peeved when I heard it last night when we were watching E!. Angel is gone as of tonight, Alias is almost done for a loooooong time, Friends is over and I have to wait for James Spader's new spinoff for the practice for any ounce of TV that gets me happy. Oh, I guess Nip Tuck is starting soon so that's one more.

Looks like I might get some projects done in the house since I won't be watching any shows. :)

amp
05-19-2004, 02:49 PM
What!!!??? No way! I can't wait that long! Arggg!

papal
05-19-2004, 03:19 PM
I was totally addicted the first two seasons.. and then it somehow lost it's charm for me.. became too cartoonish (good guys becoming bad guys becoming good guys). :(

Debbi.. this is how sad my knowledge of cable tv programs is.. when you said Nip Tuck.. i thought for a second that it was something about Nursing in Public.

Ok, how do i get to be a part of the tv ratings thingy??

urbanmama
05-19-2004, 03:25 PM
I agree-- I love Alias too!

Marie

urbanmama
05-19-2004, 03:27 PM
>Looks like I might get some projects done in the house since
>I won't be watching any shows. :)

That's what I figure too. I'm actually trying to look at it as a positive. I have so many projects, etc. that I need to catch up on!

Marie

sweetbasil
05-19-2004, 04:26 PM
Oh noooooooo! And DH was mad that we have to wait 3 weeks for the Alias season finale. How ever will I break this to him? :( What a sad day! Maybe by the time it's back on, I'll have a better chance of looking fit like Sydney. A girl can dream.... ;)

jojo2324
05-19-2004, 09:44 PM
I think that this might be a good thing. First of all, I hate the 3-4 weeks bull between episodes. That don't fly well around here. Secondly, I believe they are going to start airing reruns on TNT next fall. So, maybe people catching it then will tune in when it returns. I know Raymond's ratings increased once it went into syndication. Finally, I thought I had heard they signed Jennifer Garner for another 3 years or something like that. I know a show can be cancelled, but if they sign an extended contract like that well into a show's history, then I think the chances are less.

I think it would be foolish for ABC to cancel the show. It is well respected by critics, and ABS itself is in the toilet right now. It shouldn't cancel one of the few good shows it has. It needs *something*.

But how much did you LOVE the teaser for the finale??? "I hate you, and I love Sydney!!!" Booooo yeah! :D

cvharris
05-20-2004, 12:17 AM
Alias has been my favorite show and the first two seasons were awesome...but this season has been a big letdown for me. I think the writing (and casting) has been so poor. I hope the fourth season picks up where the first two left off!

Carolee and Ben (6/14/03)