PDA

View Full Version : Is this my washer or my detergent?

farsk
05-19-2004, 02:02 PM
Hello Everyone!

I went to the laundry room this morning to pull out an outfit out of the dryer for Ellen to wear to school, and when I went to put it on her, I noticed baked-on poop (sorry for the mental picture) still in the inside of her outfit! I was pissed!

We have a brand-new washer (bought in September when we bought our new house), a GE, not the most expensive, but definately not the cheapest. Oh, and we've fallen prey to the Dreft Syndrome, though after this box, I will not buy any more!

So why aren't clothes coming clean? Is it the washer or the detergent?

Thanks!

toomanystrollers
05-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Is it a front loader or top loader machine?

alkagift
05-19-2004, 02:20 PM
My guess is it's probably your detergent, but maybe you overpacked your washer and that part of the outfit got wadded (scientific term) in some way that prevented it from getting good water circulation. I learned the hard way to make sure plenty of water worked with the clothes after I had some detergent not rinse well and it bleached light streaks in an overpacked dark load.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

ShayleighCarsensMom
05-19-2004, 02:27 PM
I keep a bucket on top of my washer filled with water and detergent...if I take something off that is stained or soiled, I spray it with spray n wash and throw it in the bucket until its time to do the wash..It works like a charm and almost every stain has always come out..if it doesnt and its white, I break out the bleach!
(Oh, and to answer your question...maybe you had too many clothes in there??? Or it needed to soak longer??)

egoldber
05-19-2004, 02:31 PM
This was my guess as well, that clothes were possibly overpacked and the washer couldn't properly agitate the clothes.