PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day Gifts--Need Suggestions!

sarahfran
05-23-2004, 10:01 PM
This will be our first Father's Day, and I want to do something creative and meaningful for DH. I'd love any suggestions you might have!!

By the way... DH got me a beautiful silver bracelet from Tiffany for Mother's Day (Ok, I picked it out), so I can't poop out on him!

Please help!
TIA.
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

:) Motherhood is such a joy! :)

jec2
05-24-2004, 02:02 PM
Ok, it's not a silver bracelet from Tiffany, but for Valentine's day my mommy group did footprints on pottery. I made a tile, a coffee mug and clock face with DS's footprints and the date. DH got very emotional when I gave them to him.

I'm thinking about getting DH a new digital camera but we are trying to move so I don't know if I want to spend the money on something we don't necessarily "need."

papal
05-24-2004, 02:25 PM
Sarah,
Some moms are doing D-A-D-D-Y pics.. did you read that thread??
I still have not decided what to get dh but I am signing him and dd up for a swim class... i know he would love that... right now they go to the Korean market every Sat morning together.. i am sure swimming might be more fun.
I was thinking of doing a collage of all the pics of dd and dh together, but i am not sure whether he would like that for his office or not (i don't want it hanging at home!)... hmm.. i am no help, am i?

rrosen
05-24-2004, 02:33 PM
So funny, I signed up DH and DD for a swim class too!

You know what they say about great minds.

jec2
05-24-2004, 02:40 PM
Rashmi, What a WONDERFUL idea...the swim class. Our Y has daddy and baby swim classes. I think I might do that too!

papal
05-24-2004, 02:48 PM
Yep, it is a great gift for all parties involved. dh loves spending time with dd and dd loves the water and i love when both of them leave me alone sometimes.... heehee. :)

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-24-2004, 02:59 PM
That collage sounds like a must!!!!!
He'll love it!!!!...
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

papal
05-24-2004, 03:10 PM
Okay then!! Time to collect pics and get reprints done! Since he is moving to a new, more spacious office, it would actually work really well! I am so excited!

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-24-2004, 03:37 PM
When I was at Office Maxx the other day they do these posters of pics brought in...:)...
I would love to do one for steve's office, I was thinking about stealing Debbie's idea of a picture of Tristan wearing daddy's shoes :)...

Your hubby will love your idea...
Sadly I don't know if I have that many pics of just the boys together to do such a great collage...or I would!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

flagger
05-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Ms. Flagger is allowing me to get current on my pilot's license. I am going to get my medical done this week and then going to spend 3-4 hours gett current in the airplane. I so cannot wait to take Cocoa flyin'.

sarahfran
05-24-2004, 10:28 PM
Wow! That's a great gift! I don't know that I could relax the neurotic paranoid control freak in myself enough to let DH do that if he wanted to... Ms. Flagger is a champ! Enjoy!

-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

sarahfran
05-24-2004, 10:32 PM
I LOVE the idea of a photo of DS in daddy's shoes. I will try that one tomorrow. And I might have to steal Rashmi's swim lesson idea, too.

Great ideas!!
-Sarah
Mom to Dylan, 8/18/03

sunriseiz
05-26-2004, 02:19 PM
I missed the thread on DADDY pictures. Could you post the link for me? I am desperately looking for ideas!

TIA !
Sunny (Ellie 10/28/03)

Raidra
05-26-2004, 02:27 PM
I did that for my husband for Xmas.. we got him 3 hours worth of flight lessons. He still hasn't gone. Figures.

I don't think he'll be allowed to take the baby flying for a LONG time, though. ;)