PDA

View Full Version : Saying hi after a long hiatus

twins r fun
05-23-2004, 11:29 PM
Hi everyone! Anyone remember me? I haven't been on the boards in several months, but I've been checking back in in lurk mode the last few weeks and figured I'd post again to say hi. Life, family, and changing priorities kept me away but I did miss this community and wanted to get back! Jacob and Caleb are 2 1/2 and doing great-happy, talking, currently obsessed with golf and lawn care equipment, picking up cicadas at every opportunity, and getting ready to enter the next big phase-potty training! Our only real life change is that my mom who (you might remember, since I put out a few pleas for prayers and positive thoughts last year) was couragously battling lymphoma passed away about 2 months ago on March 14th. It was and is very sad and difficult, but our close little family is all surviving and still able to enjoy life even while feeling my mom's absence. I know I missed a lot while I was gone and obviously couldn't catch up on months worth of posts so hopefully as I get back to regularly reading again I will figure out what everyone and their kiddos are up to.

atlbaby
05-23-2004, 11:49 PM
Great to see you back! Now the 10/30/01 "triplets" are all here! :) What are cicadas, btw?

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03

Mommie2MadLyn
05-24-2004, 12:02 AM
Welcome Back!!! :-) Glad to hear that your boys are doing well, and good luck with the potty training! I'm so sorry about your mom...that must be very difficult. I'm sure it will bring your family even closer together now. Well, hope to see you around here more often.

jubilee
05-24-2004, 12:04 AM
I am so sorry about your loss, honey. HUG!

As for your boys, didn't one have some medical issues going on before you took a break from the boards? How's that going?

Anyway, glad you are back! :)

candybomiller
05-24-2004, 02:13 AM
I remember you! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. If you ever want to talk or vent, feel free to pm me. I lost my mom a little over a year ago, so I know how hard it is. ((HUG))

Glad you de-lurked yourself! I just recently de-lurked too. LOL.

starrynight
05-24-2004, 02:23 AM
Hi I remember you!! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's passing. {{hug}}

It sounds like the boys are doing great :D, glad you checked in with us.

ismommy
05-24-2004, 08:37 AM
You are remembered. Welcome back. I am sorry to hear about your mom.

Helene
mommy to Isabella

NEVE and TRISTAN
05-24-2004, 08:40 AM
Nicole,
I've thought about you often and sorry to hear about your mom. You have been missed and glad to have you back!!!
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

jd11365
05-24-2004, 08:56 AM
Hey Nicole! Glad you're back!
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Your boys sound like they would be favorites of my husband...he has a bit of an obsession w/ golf and lawn equipment himself. How are your boys doing otherwise?

Jamie
Mommy to Kayla
5-1-03

cuca_
05-24-2004, 09:14 AM
Welcome back!! I am sorry about your loss. Glad everything else is going well.

Carmen

mommd
05-24-2004, 10:13 AM
So sorry to hear about your Mom, she was in my prayers. Glad everything else is OK. Welcome back!

bluej
05-24-2004, 10:33 AM
Welcome back! I'm sorry about your loss, I can't imagine how difficult of a time that must have been and I'm sure still is. Sounds like your boys are keeping you busy though! Ick, cicadas! That is my greatest fear about having boys...that they'll enjoy playing with bugs and want me to touch them!

ShayleighCarsensMom
05-24-2004, 11:58 AM
I am so sorry to hear about your mom...my dad died of myeloma very suddenly one week before Christmas, so I do know exactly what you are going through. I think I am still in total denial over his death, its so hard to think that someone who has been around your whole life is now not there.
I am getting ready to run my first marathon on June 6th in San Diego for the Leukemia and lymphoma society. I am proud to say that I raised over $6000 to help find a cure!
I will be thinking of you,your mom and your family as I run on June 6th.
You are in my thoughts,

amp
05-24-2004, 12:06 PM
Oh, Nicole, my sympathies on the loss of your mom. I am so sorry. That must be very difficult to deal with and my heart goes out to you.

Glad that you are back and that you are feeling better and that your kiddos are happy and healthy! Welcome back!

TaChapm
05-24-2004, 01:18 PM
Glad you are back! I am so sorry about your mom. Have fun getting caught up. I feel totally lost after missing a weekend :)
Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

mharling
05-24-2004, 02:52 PM
Of course we remember you, Nicole! It's great to see you back. I am very sorry about your mom. Glad to hear you're all doing OK and enjoying family time.

Mary & Lane 4/6/03
[link:www.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=67b0de21b370a2992536|Birthday Pics!!]

Sarah1
05-24-2004, 03:52 PM
Hi Nicole--

I am so, so sorry to hear about your mom. What a tremendous loss for you...I'm just so sorry.

I wish you all the best and I'm glad you're back :). It sounds like the boys are keeping you really busy, which is good!

parkersmama
05-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Oh, Rachel, they are those horrible bugs that have invaded the midwest and upper south! Yuck. Here's a page: http://www.cincinnati.com/freetime/cicadas/ Thankfully, you won't have to deal with them when you get to Atlanta...they're not that far south. :)

parkersmama
05-24-2004, 04:07 PM
Hi, Nicole! Glad to have you back. :)

atlbaby
05-24-2004, 04:14 PM
Oh, they're BUGS??? Yuck! I was thinking along the lines of flowers or gucker balls (is that how you spell it?). I don't know what I'll do if I have a boy!! We're into picking flowers (ok, weeds) here and I'd like to keep it that way :)

Thank goodness they're not in Atlanta is right! Ants I can deal with...

-Rachel
Mom to Arielle, 10/30/01
and Daliya, 10/27/03