PDA

View Full Version : A BBB pin - would you be interested?

papal
06-25-2004, 12:59 AM
Deborah had this great idea that we should have a way to identify other BBB members...and Allison suggested we could have a pin or button to our diaper bags etc.... SO, would you wear a lapel pin on your diaper bag/sling/stroller??
We could get some made, and sell them for $5 and donate all proceeds (if any) to some worthy cause.. heck we could even have some kind of BBB raffle.. so some member could win some money to buy whatever they wanted.
I was thinking something along the lines of these : http://lapelpins.montereycompany.com/

For a design, i was thinking of a little baby and BBB in there somewhere.

http://www.windsorpeak.com/dc/user_files/8249.jpg

What do you think? Pros, cons, likes, dislikes, comments.. etc.

deborah_r
06-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Wow, I was totally kidding, but...OK, sounds good to me!

I love your little baby! One thing I always think of when I think of BBB is Better Business Bureau, so I'm not completely sure about those initials, but I guess that's how we've come to refer to these boards.

papal
06-25-2004, 01:08 AM
me too.. i always think of the Better Business Bureau too! hmm... how about BaBaBo..heehee.

redhookmom
06-25-2004, 01:08 AM
I would absolutely pin one to my diaper bag.

I may have to finally sign up for paypal! (LOL)

I really like the idea of there being some profit to go to a charity.

redhookmom
06-25-2004, 01:09 AM
How about BBJ. Baby Bargains Junkie!

papal
06-25-2004, 01:10 AM
Jessica, i have been meaning to ask FOREVER but was too shy...what is the significance of the hanging clothes on a clothes line???

papal
06-25-2004, 01:11 AM
LOL. good idea!

jubilee
06-25-2004, 03:23 AM
Maybe a heart, with a child's handprint on it. And then a slogan or BBB around the edge of the heart.

pritchettzoo
06-25-2004, 07:52 AM
We'd be like a sorority. Would there be hazing involved? ;)

I like the charity idea.

Your design is cute--but where are the piiiiiiiigs?

Anna

rrosen
06-25-2004, 08:37 AM
This has me LOL this morning!

How about a charm bracelet? You could have charms that identified which forums were your "hangouts" Butts, Bags, Slings, Clothes, Strollers? Then we could really identify kindred spirits easily?

Or Tatoos?

JElaineB
06-25-2004, 09:12 AM
If we could get them in the $5 to $10 range I would definitely get one! Maybe we could just have the words "Baby Bargains" instead of BBB? (Maybe check with Alan and Denise if using that term is ok?) The pins on the website look really good - looks like they could do any design we came up with. I think your baby is definitely cute, but we could even have a contest for designing the pin and submit the "winning" design?!

Jennifer
mom to Jacob 9/27/02

redhookmom
06-25-2004, 09:28 AM
Nothing that deep. I have lots of laundry to do...

llcoddington
06-25-2004, 10:13 AM
I would! I have seen a few ladies who I thought might be baby bargains members, but I didn't ask. Of course, if we did this, I would have to be on my best behavior in order to represent Alan and Denise well! :)

Lana
mommy to Lauren 12/5/03

octmom
06-25-2004, 10:15 AM
BaBaBo is cute! :)

BBJ is what we called DS before he was born (and before we knew he was boy). BB is the abbreviation for a cornball nickname I call DH when I am feeling lovey (and he calls me too), and BBJ stood for that + junior. Sometimes DS is still called BBJ in our house.

If this happened, could anyone buy a pin or would you have to have a minimum number of posts or something? I've only been around a couple of months, but the number of hours I have spent here is scary. :)

Jerilyn

octmom
DS, October 2003

papal
06-25-2004, 10:20 AM
heeehee... yes, for those days when i am in my sweats and have greasy unwashed hair, i would discretely take off my BBB badge. :)

SeekerMage
06-25-2004, 10:29 AM
hehehehehe I think its a great idea! I love the idea of donating some of the money to charity or a raffle. Also a contest to design the pin is a neat idea as well, Im sure there are so many great artistic moms here on the boards! It could be fun, count me in :)

papal
06-25-2004, 10:29 AM
ROTFL. That is funny.. i thought maybe you were saying that we should not use dryers because they consume so much electricity.... I overthink things.

alkagift
06-25-2004, 10:52 AM
My opinion is that anyone who lives here should be able to have one, so many posts or not.

I didn't think about BBB being better business, but I can see that now. Wow, Rashmi, those are nice pins on that link! I was just assuming we would get cheapy 1" buttons like they used to give out at rock concerts in the '80s (I'm so old...). Your idea is definitely nicer.

I was thinking about Alan and Denise as well, perhaps if it's necessary we come up with a simple enough logo we could have some small print around the border that would be their copyright statement or something. It's possible as long as we don't use the term "baby bargains" it's not necessary.

Allison
Mommy to Matthew Clayton, 5/19/03

miki
06-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Neat idea. It doesn't necessarily have to have BBB on it. Rashmi's baby could be happily shouting, "I love a bargain!"

zuzu
06-25-2004, 11:13 AM
Count me in too! Like others here, I've seen people and have wondered based on their gear, but have never asked.

Proceeds going to a charity or someone in need would be great! :)

Love your drawing, Rashmi!

Melissa, mom to Sarah (5.10.03)

beckyr88
06-25-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm in!

I love your drawing, Rashmi!

jbowman
06-25-2004, 11:36 AM
It would be great if everyone had pins--each time I spotted one it would be like seeing someone famous, LOL!

amp
06-25-2004, 12:09 PM
Oh how funny!

khakismom
06-25-2004, 12:14 PM
Fabulous idea!! I would buy one in a heartbeat! :)

I do like the idea of a contest to come up with the design. We could post them here and everyone could vote.

aliceinwonderland
06-25-2004, 12:51 PM
LOL

stella
06-25-2004, 01:02 PM
Are we, like, a cult??

jasabo
06-25-2004, 01:13 PM
What a fun idea! Assuming Alan and Denise don't mind, and there are no copyright issues, I'd buy one.

BBB also makes me think of Better Business Bureau. I think BaBaBo is a great idea - very cute! And I love the little baby drawing. Can't wait to see what the final product looks like. All I ask is that it's sturdy enough that it won't fall off my bag - my guys are at the "put everything in their mouth" stage, and I'd hate for them to find it on the floor somewhere.

Lisa - mom to 1 yr old twin boys

Marisa6826
06-25-2004, 01:28 PM
Am I the only one that is likening BaBaBo to the secret password BaRamEwe from that movie Babe?! With the PIG! :)

Maybe we can do a sheep pin Baa Baa Bo....

-m

hobey
06-25-2004, 02:11 PM
Cute!!! I'm in. Can we develop a secret handshake or phrase too? :P

I like the ides of the funds going to charity too.

Raquel
Nathan's Mom 12/19/03

Marisa6826
06-25-2004, 02:13 PM
Sam and Levi??

God knows they could use the support. I like the idea of Mommies supporting Mommies in need.

Just an idea

-m

barbarhow
06-25-2004, 02:28 PM
I love the idea. Would buy one in a second-although there seem to only be 3 of us right now in Maine-Maybe a 4th soon...
I was thinking the initials BBM for baby bargains mom but then thought it looked like big bm.......
Barbara-mom to Jack 3/27/03

ETA-not to mention my sexist slant. how about BBP?

kfcboston
06-25-2004, 04:25 PM
Barbara - too funny!! No word yet..... :)

RwnMayfair
06-25-2004, 04:38 PM
I think the pin idea is a very cool idea. I sort of wish I was more visually creative now! (I do better with words and text, myself. ::grin::)

And the baby is very cute, Rashmi! :)

-Melissa

Taran, November 20, 2003

boys2enough
06-25-2004, 04:43 PM
>How about BBJ. Baby Bargains Junkie!

Eh, not to be offensive or anything, just a reminder that putting the letter B next to the letter J is never a good idea... ;-)

The pin is a great idea and if it's for charity, I will be more than happy to dole out the money. (Will we then be having trouble deciding on a charity?)

Thank you Rashmi for spearheading this project. Like everybody else, I love your drawing. You sure you are not a professional graphic designer? :)

As for the words on the pin, how about "Born to Shop"? lol

Cheers, Lin
Mom to 2 wild boys
D 3/98
G 11/02

http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/kao/otn/pnoodles.gif

candybomiller
06-25-2004, 07:11 PM
I love this idea.

And I love the idea of the money going to a charity. Maybe we should set up some sort of poll to find out where people want the money to go to.

Some ideas
Sam and Levi
Some child protective something or other
YWCA

Any others?

lmintzer
06-25-2004, 11:56 PM
LOL! I needed a laugh today, too! I'd be in, even though it is slightly "secret society/cult-like". I was never in a sorority--didn't want to conform (sorry, sorority grads.--don't flame me for that). But here, it doesn't seem like we have to be anything except loving parents to our babies with shop-o-holic tendencies. : )

At any rate, I work with burned and abused kids, so I could always come up with a good place for dontations.

It will be hard to come up with something--there are dozens of pediatric illnesses that we could be giving money to fight as well.

Sounds like a plan, at any rate. Keep me posted. : )

kitmama
06-26-2004, 12:51 AM
ROFL!! yes! maybe we are. . .

But I think this is a really cute idea. I said this over in Baby Butts, but thought I's put it here too- what about little charms for the different "addictions" (clothes, strollers, cloth diapers, slings, bags etc) that can be put on a diaper pin and pinned wherever, or used as keychains if you'd rather?

Though I like the idea of just a BaBaBo pin, too! :)

luvbeinmama
06-26-2004, 01:41 AM
A fun idea, though I don't know if I'd buy one.

For a charity, since we are all about finding bargains, how about a charity that helps moms get back on their feet. Either homeless moms, or moms leaving abusive husbands, etc.

suribear
06-26-2004, 01:47 AM
Sure, why not? Though since I'm "anonymous", anyone who spotted me would have to go into the witness protection program ;)

Kris

gour0
06-26-2004, 02:15 AM
Here's a place that has funky designs, or will make them using whatever design you send them.
http://tinyurl.com/yq5cb
This way, you could loop it around whatever, your dipe bag, stroller, or even your luggage. ;)
I'm too nearsighted to recognize anything smaller than this.

jubilee
06-26-2004, 02:36 AM
I'd like the tag idea, if the tag was half the size of the ones they show (3.5"x4.5"). Great idea though!

papal
06-26-2004, 10:50 AM
ROTFL.
I just saw this Marisa! You KNOW i have seen the movie Babe liek 50000 times.. so yes, BaBaBo did remind me of BaaaRaamEwwwe.. heehee. So funny.

I think a sheep pin with BaBaBo would be very cute. :)

gour0
06-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Here's a company that makes CC sized ones. Not sure how the prices compare.

http://tinyurl.com/3965w

gour0
06-26-2004, 11:25 AM
This makes me think Bababooey. Think Howard Stern. Yuck.

Vajrastorm
06-26-2004, 02:38 PM
I'd be in.

The luggage tags are a bit big for me, the pin would be more my thing.

But, at the end of the day, I'd buy whatever is made.

billysmommy
06-26-2004, 02:49 PM
Count me in too :) I would love to know so I don't feel silly approaching someone. I did that once and was positive she belonged here but she just looked at me like I was crazy :(

I think benefitting a charity is great too

JMS
06-26-2004, 09:33 PM
I'M IN!! I think it's a great idea.. and I think the idea of money going to a charity (if possible) really represents the spirit of these boards.

I also always think "Better Business Bureau" when I see BBB.

I think I like the all metal pins the best (w/o color) b/c then they'll match all (or atleast, most) diaper bags :)
But I'll go with the consensus.