PDA

View Full Version : Urinary Tract Infection??

lindyn
07-01-2004, 03:09 PM
Hello board,

Well, my 6 month old daughter has had a strange occurrance lately (last two days or so). When we go to change her wet diaper, we find what looks like sugar crystals on her behind. Has anyone else ever seen this or know whether this is a sign of anything (urinary tract infection, kidney problems, etc.)?

She seems to be urinating a little more than normal, as well. We've been using the same diapers for the past two weeks (Huggies Ultratrim), so I don't think that could play a part.

Thanks for any advice you may have!
Ryan

PS. Some add'l background info: we just began solids last week (Gerber carrots, which she loves--at least compared with the oatmeal or rice we tried first, but we'll have to try again). Also, she just had her 6-month immunizations a week and a half ago (set of 3 shots)--could it be some type of reaction (she did come down with a slight fever back then).

amp
07-01-2004, 03:13 PM
Off the top of my head, I think it's just the gel crystals from the diapers. Are you using disposables? It's not uncommon, particularly if the dipe is really wet, to get some of the gel crystals leaking out. And they are a pain to remove from their behinds. If that's all it is, it's not harmful, just a pain. If you look at the packages of diapers carefully, you'll find that some of them mention this.

Momof3Labs
07-01-2004, 05:57 PM
Yeah, sounds like gel balls. Huggies are notorious for that. It's not a flaw, and isn't harmful, supposedly, just a pain to remove!

jubilee
07-01-2004, 06:26 PM
I had this same concern with my son, and it turned out to the absorbant crystals from the Huggies... so I changed to Pampers and haven't had any trouble with it since.

Kieransmom
07-01-2004, 09:13 PM
I was thinking the same thing. It frightened me at first. We use Luvs and have not had any problems. I'm not a big fan of Huggies.

Michelle
Mommy to Kieran, born 5/9/03