PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I need to watch what I say...

McQ
07-02-2004, 09:37 AM
Declan is a veritable chatter box and spouts stuff out all the time so I should know better but...

Last night I was giving Declan a bath and I had washed him from the waist up. Then I stodd him up and said "once we wash your balls, legs and feet we'll be all finished". So Declan starts yelling "balls, balls, balls". Granted it's one of his favorite words (you should hear him at the pool) and he had no idea what I was talking about in context. But bad mommy. Maybe I should have washed my mouth out with soap.

Allison
~ mommy to Declan 3.24.03
and number 2 EDD 9.14.04

papal
07-02-2004, 10:20 AM
ROTFL Allison!! That is too freakin hilarious!!!! Not so much that Declan was yelling Balls Balls Balls, but that YOU were saying 'once we wash your balls...'... muhahahahahahahahahah... i am just sitting here holding my flappy tummy and laughing my head off...heeehee.

egoldber
07-02-2004, 10:27 AM
And it SOOOO only gets worse. One of my favorite expressions is "I hate it when that happens!" And now Sarah has taken to taking, completely in context, "I hate it when that happens!" Makes me glad my fav expressions are not terribly off color.

And I also had a REALLY bad habit of yelling to the dog when she is barking "shut up dog!". Well guess who started saying that too? So I have stopped saying that one completely!

And when potty training, make sure you pick names for body parts and bodily functions that you will not mind being yelled across a crowded store or room!!! At playgroup the other day she called "Mommy! There's poop in my tushie! Gotta go potty!!"

amp
07-02-2004, 11:06 AM
>And I also had a REALLY bad habit of yelling to the dog when
>she is barking "shut up dog!". Well guess who started saying
>that too? So I have stopped saying that one completely!

Ooops! DH *have* to stop saying to the old cat (in a fit of frustration after he yowls his godawful yowl for the gazillionth time!) "Shut the f*** up!" If we dont' stop, I'm pretty sure we'll start hearing it back in a few months! Ack!

TaChapm
07-02-2004, 11:20 AM
How funny! Jackson knows that he has Elmo on his diaper so when we say where's Elmo he starts looking down and patting his diaper. THe other night in the tub when we stood him up he looked down and grabbed his thing and said "mo" (Elmo). No it's not Elmo. Now Jacob is insisting that we get a new name for it but WHAT? We have never called it Elmo but he thinks that Elmo is down there. Oh the joys of learning to talk!

Tara
Mommy to Jackson 11-10-02

sweetbasil
07-02-2004, 11:23 AM
>Last night I was giving Declan a bath and I had washed him
>from the waist up. Then I stodd him up and said "once we wash
>your balls, legs and feet we'll be all finished". So Declan
>starts yelling "balls, balls, balls".

That is so hysterical--- it reminds me of our trip to the Livestock Show and Rodeo last year (it's a fun Texas thing to do)....I told DS#1 ahead of time that we'd be seeing the bulls, and when he asked what bulls were, I told him they were daddy cows. So we stop to pick up some friends, and drive on to pick up DH from work, then proceed to the LS&R. Suddenly, DS blurts out, "I can't wait to go to the rodeo and see daddy's balls." I couldn't stop laughing- until I saw how mad DH looked. DS had gotten daddy cows and bulls mixed up, and somehow turned bulls into balls--- a completely innocent 2 yr old remark, but quite embarrassing to poor DH!

papal
07-02-2004, 11:35 AM
JULIE!!!! That is HYSTERICAL!!! Belly laughing here!!

amp
07-02-2004, 04:12 PM
Oh, Julie - I think I might have woke DS up with my laughing! You cracked my up!

jec2
07-02-2004, 04:32 PM
OMG! You guys are all cracking me up. These stories are too funny. I too was laughing at the washing of the balls and the looking for Elmo.

deborah_r
07-02-2004, 05:19 PM
ROTFLMAO!!!!! I think I usaually call them "nuts" - either way, need to stop that!

Sometimes I say, "we need to wash your privates" - is that OK for toddler speak?

StaceyKim
07-02-2004, 05:44 PM
ROTFL!!!!
My DS started saying "oy" and "ya, ya, ya" because of me.

candybomiller
07-02-2004, 07:06 PM
I am ROFLMBO!

Matt has picked up "I love it!" which is my personal mantra. Anyway, we were shopping with my sister and her partner (who I can't stand, but that's a whole nother post!) and he grabs a purse and said "I love it! It's so cute!" We were in hysterics.

NEVE and TRISTAN
07-02-2004, 09:02 PM
aren't they amazing...
I suspect you can say a million good things about an "aunt roberta" and then one semi bad thing...and what will they repeat????
cute story
Neve
http://home.nc.rr.com/ourbabytristan
AKA "mama2be"-forgot password
and Baby Boy Tristan born @UNC
Feb 25, 2003
Brother to 3 pups "gees" and 2 kitties

tarahsolazy
07-03-2004, 01:01 AM
Ok, now I totally have a stomach ache, and the nurses around here must think I'm nuts! Thanks for the great laughs.